Division 3 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    np I was sure it was going to happen since you would not expect me to pit.
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Well I can sum up my race last night with one emoticon: :cry:

That's all I have to say about that!
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

What a round for NLR. S54VED with the clean sweep, Rotor with a win, bond with a 3rd and myself with Pole, Fastest Lap and 2nd. I'm guttered as I didn't even get a chance to battle razor for 1st after a stuff up on my part, where I didn't realise VH planned to pit on lap 4 and I ended up getting on his right so I had to go in for what was the slowest pit stop ever way before I had planned so had to roll around with much more fuel and do longer stints. Yet was still setting faster laps.....
    Mister_Bond_747 and Ad2mny like this.
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I went into the race with no expectations. Hadn't done many laps and didn't really like the track that much.. Kept spinning out at turn 2, lol.
    Managed a 42.8 in qually which placed me 6th on the grid. The start was pretty hectic, I didn't get away too well (brain fart, took my foot off the throttle as I let go of the hand-brake, lol) so quickly went from 6th to 9th by the first turn. Through others mis-fortunes, I made my way up to 5th and held that for most of the race with Doogs chasing my butt for most of it.

Came out of the pits the second time with about 3 seconds back to Doogs when he came out, and he slotted straight into a battle with Flood and Hatfield (I think). Felt sure I could manage to hold on from there, but Flood broke away pretty quickly and chased me down. After he latched onto my tail, I was waiting for the pass, but I think Flood was just waiting for a mistake from me... Well, I didn't let him down. With only 2 or 3 laps to go, I did the same as Brands Hatch, ran wide and Flood just cruised on by.
    Congrats to Skywalker, pole and an easy win. Also, congrats to rest of the podium.
    [​IMG]

Sorry, I can't do fastest laps, didn't get the replay.
    Can someone grab a photo of the fastest laps if you have a working replay, looks like PD have screwed up another thing that worked fine before (replay freezing at load or during race).
    FloodSim and Ad2mny like this.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I already sent fastest laps to emmo.

Also @disturboed bad luck at turn 1, I am not sure if it was you or someone tapped you around, I tried to hit your front to get you facing the right way but you were too far gone by that stage :(
    Stumbles likes this.
  7. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Cool, thanks Artoo
  8. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Another mid-pack finish in 5th behind the Div 2.5ers.
    I did a couple laps practice during the week and before the race but my pace was nowhere, struggling to get into 1:43s.

So I was surprised that when the room opened I magically found some speed and was doing 1:42s and even broken into a 1:41. Really attacking T1 was the key; touch the brakes, down to 3rd, and catch the oversteer on the exit. Feels great on the odd occasion I got it right.
    Only got 1 clean lap done in qualy which was a second slower than my best, so started I think 7th.

Got away okay at the start but got bumped from behind into T1 causing me to hit one of the white cars. Thankfully didn't cause any drama so continued on.
    First few laps were going well; managed to pass Doogle and put a gap on him and Blindman. Running I think in 6th I was actually catching the guys ahead as they squabled. On L7 lost any chance of a good result as I got a bit wide coming out of T3 though and spun it around ending up facing the wall dropping me down near the back of the pack.

I then decided to try run a different strategy to everyone else and keep myself in clean air away from traffic which mostly worked as I was doing consistent 1:42s for the rest of the race. Had a few short battles with guys like Disturboed but mostly made up positions due to other people making mistakes.

With 5 or so laps to go I caught up to Stumbles with our epic battle from Brands fresh in my mind. I was sure he wouldn't make it easy for me and sure enough his pace went up a notch as I got onto his tail. Just like at Brands, Doogle was behind us and making up ground all along.
    Funnily enough history repeated itself and Stumbles ran too deep into T2 gifting me the place.
    Despite some scrappy driving from me over the last few laps I was able to bring it home for 5th.
    DoogleDave, Ad2mny and Stumbles like this.
  9. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Well, I didn't finish last this week which was good!

Qualified 9th i think it was, still couldn't quite find the full tank pace I needed. Made it up fully past Stumbles off the line by Turn 1 into 8th, but got hit and spun by Stumbles I think as I slowed a little bit more to avoid the concertina ahead (despite Hatfields best efforts to straighten me up, thanks mate!). I got going pretty quickly but the pack was just reaching T2 by the time I was moving again. I was cursing to myself and lamenting my lost race which then caused a lack of concentration, running wide off Turn 2 onto the ice and spinning me again.

Was catching the tail enders and managed a few passes here and there. Spun again somewhere through the race. For the majority of the race I was running consistent 1.42's which seemed to be a good mid pack pace, so I can only lament what could have been without my T1 incident. Funny it was the first track I felt real comfortable at (even with a minimal amount of practice) in this car.

So, ended up finishing 9th, my first top 10 finish for the season! yay me, lol.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  10. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Mate, I'm sorry if I hit you, didn't think I touched anyone too bad in T1. I don't have a replay to check.

@Hatfield @emmo46 Can you adjust the placings please, put me down behind Turbo and move everyone between us up a spot. Cheers.
  11. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    dont worry about it mate, its no biggy, not like i'm fighting for championship position or anything!
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Stumbles @stucar17 so what is the process here? should I change the results and repost?
  13. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Leave results as is, no protest. Like I said its not like I am fighting fir championship position here. In the end I was just happy finishing a few spots up and not getting lapped!
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Very happy to get my first clean sweep and absolutely stoked to get a 40.xxx before we move to the next round.

I didn't get much prac for this round with the addition of my baby girl. Was a little worried I might not make it, and if I did I'd be way off pace. Fortunately for me in the 10mins prior to the race it sorta clicked for me. Still couldn't do t1 but the rest of the track was sorted.

Quali I was near the top with a 41.9, decided not to get tyres since wear wasn't much and try to get another lap in. Good choice on last lap got a 41.7 on 3/4 a tank. No record there but with everyone being careful on t1 (well mostly!) it was good enough for pole. Real pity for hat as he did 41.2 which even with 3-4 tenths off for not not going wide t1 would have netted pole for him!

Race started. Was careful not to false, maybe a little slow, but looked like raptor was a little slow too. Took t1 as smooth as possible, light brake then roll and onto the gas. Wow by t2 had a 1 sec lead! I was so surprised I almost spun at t2! Could see the pack gaining after my mistake into t3. I fortunately didn't have any overtaking moves to defend so round I went. With the pack behind me fighting over the next series of corners, I pulled a gap by the end of the lap.

From then on just tried to keep focus. Was hoping to lead all the laps but grooved had other plans about that haha. After getting the 40.xxx I just relaxed (almost spun t1 though!) for the last couple of laps. I made 2 big mistakes but let the car run off the track onto the grass to avoid the spins, better to lose 3-4 sec than 10-15! So still waiting on that race with no mistakes, not sure if I'll ever get there.

I ran wide on the second last corner twice, no idea how people make timed ping that as it causes me to then run wide on the last corner losing heaps of time.

Sorry bout the essay. Guess this is partly my debrief to move onto the next round.

P.s. My power supply for my wheel died after the race Sunday. Still without a wheel atm.
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @skywalker you have really come into form this season and it is a massive improvement from last season. Well done!
  16. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    @skywalker, Are you going to host tonight?

Might pay us to start 10 minutes earlier tonight,as qualifying is going to take 20-25 minutes?
    Stumbles likes this.
  17. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Hi guys, whoever hosts can send me a message when you are about to open create the room (even if I'm disconnected the iPhone app will let me know), I've found the compatibility issue isn't due to the host but as to a number of people already in the room. If I join right after the lobby is created is all good, cheers.
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Lads the go for tonights race, in particular qual is this:
    If it's stable do a 1 lap qual run using the qual option. If it's dodgy psn for the room maybe set up the grid based on champ positions.
  19. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Sorry guys won't be able to make tonight's race... Good luck to all!
  20. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I can host if you want me too Gary. Will open a room around 7:30pm
    garyw61, S_CLOSE and Stumbles like this.