Division 3 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Congrats to floodsim and moozer on the podium last night good to see you up there floodsim it seems the 3 stop strategy work out for us. I was happy with my pole lap seeing as I have never gone that quick on a full tank of fuel and only after one lap.
    We all seem to get a good start to the race and for the first few laps until I made a move on raptor but I went to hard under brakes and taped the back of him which sent him wide (sorry raptor). I slowed down to let him back in front but that's when s54ved got past me doing that.
    So the next lap came along and i caught back up and did the same move on s54ved bumping him as well but not as bad sorry so i slowed down and moozer was right on my a$$ and got past as it took me a few laps to get back in a groove. As soon as s54ved and raptor went in on L9 and 10 i knew there strategy and the same as moozer and everyone else once they went in so i went for something different as it was only me and flood who stayed out. I had done 15 laps in practice and saw that it was possible but just had to take it easy on my tyres by being smooth and not make any mistakes.

After i came back out of pits on lap 15 i had pulled a gap on flood but was still behind raptor s54ved and moozer but was catching fast because of when they pitted i soon knew i had made the right choice for pit stops as i was catching them and they had to pit soon so I wasn't worried about them as much knowing there strategy haha. I only had to keep flood behind me in the race which I saw him start catching me a few times so I knew he had pace.
    After my 3rd pitstop I had a good solid lead as moozer was in front still but I knew he had to pit once more so all I had to do was take it easy and bring it home. I was happy with my race I didn't make any mistakes only those few rough laps at the start.
    Also a big thanks to Gary for giving me some space at the end of the race I went past him in the pits lapping him but he caught up having better tyres I went to let you go past a few times but you slowed as well. Cheers for another good race this season I was nowhere last season and was struggling but this car suits me really well.
    skywalker and Ad2mny like this.
  2. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I'll have to get some practice in for the red bull track i haven't done to many laps there so not sure how I'll go
  3. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor New Recruit

Good race guys I was on a 5 stopper deciding not to risk falling off the pace having never done a long stint/race like this before, had a good scrap with Groover and S54VD at the start of the race. S54VD pitted a lap before I did and when I came out of the pits I could see S54VD coming down the main straight so I just kept inside my pit line on the exit and almost had the most monumental all crashes when S54VD decided to pass me on the inside half on the grass when I came out of the pits at top speed! if there had of been contact I think I would have been put over the fence! scared the bejesus out me for a split second lol… very close to a major wreck but all survived and had a good battle, on my second pitstop I didn't realise there was such a difference in time when filling an empty tank compared to half a tank so I sat in pitlane for an extra 10 seconds and finally realised I was waiting for fuel, I think after my second pitstop I came out behind a huge pack involving gary, doogle, sparkles and S54VD and got an amazing run on the pack as they fought over each other going up the hill to left hander onto the main straight and got by doodle and gary at that turn, and sparkles at the end of the main straight and then S54VD at the hairpin all on the same lap so I was feeling good there, I added a little bit of fuel in the 3rd stop but again still had to wait 7-8 seconds for fuel in the 4th stop, was running second on lap 38 and didn't think I would finish 6th then but after blowing 18/20seconds standing still in the pits I got what I deserved think I've finally worked out these pit stops looking forward to the next enduro
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    skywalker and Ad2mny like this.
  4. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    o_O:D:D:D:Do_O:D:confused::laugh::laugh::laugh::whistling::whistling::whistling:
    Jamie and DoogleDave like this.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Lol :eek::p
    DoogleDave likes this.
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    OMG...what a cock up!!! :eek:
    Blindman, Jamie and FloodSim like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So do I change all scoring sheets to DoodleDave ?
    Jamie likes this.
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Only if DoodleDave is "on top" ;)
    Jamie likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Sorry @TF22Raptor that just struck me funny lol. At least you didn't say you were 'pulling in doodle' or something like that lol.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    "Doodle was all over me going into the last bend but luckily he came unstuck and I was able to cruise through and finish"

@TF22Raptor we aren't having a go at you, we are all just childish silly people
  11. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Lucky I wasn't "keeping the pressure on from behind" or the news report may have needed an R rating this week :eek:
    Blindman, groover33 and Ad2mny like this.
  12. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Does anyone have the results to post up?
    I can probably get them tonight if no one else is able to.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I sent them to emmo on an email, because I can't be bothered to get an account to host images lol.
  14. Jamie

Jamie Rookie

PSN ID
    Moozer81
    Congrats again to Groover (especially on a ripper pole lap - must have been foxing in practice) and to Flood for a solid second place.
    Got slowed on both my fastest pole laps and feel lucky to have started 4th. Could sit with Raptor, Groover and S54VED at the start, although its hard to follow so close to 3 cars throwing up dust everywhere. Surprised to see people start to pit on lap 9 and I knew after the first round of pitstops the longer strategies would be better. I wasn't good enough on my tyres to try for a 3 stopper but was overlapping with Flood for a while and had a good chance at second place until I got a 10 sec penalty at the chicane. Pretty lonely race for most of it, apart from a brief battle with Doodle (lol) who gave me too much room in turn one and ran wide. Sorry mate but had to make the move and push while the tyres were new to try and catch Flood in the last stint but his pace on old tyres was too good. I could see Flood about 5 secs in front of me, but I also had to be careful of a fast finishing S_Close and S54VED behind me.
    First endurance out of the way and like Raptor learnt a lot after some rookie errors like not enough fuel for my strategy so had to do 2 long stints to finish when I wanted fresh tyres. Also got caught out by the difference in pit times from practice and the race.
    Congrats Doogle for the fastest lap and preventing Groover from the clean sweep ;).
    Hoping to get some more practice this week on a track I don't know very well.
    groover33, skywalker and S_CLOSE like this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I got them and the charts and Fastest laps will be updated tonight. Thanks Serg.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have a FL for Hatfield?
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @emmo46
    Send me the results please so I can update the table, race results and ladder at top of page.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    1 Groover with pole
    2 Floodsim
    3 Moozer
    4 S54VED
    5 Close
    6 TFRAPTOR
    7 Blindman
    8 Sparklehead
    9 Doodle with FL
    10 Gary
    11 Disturboed
    12 SHIBBMATE
    13 DRZ
    Ad2mny likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thx. I am so tempted to change it to DoodleDave in the tables...but I won't because I am a professional....lol
    Jamie, Ad2mny, S_CLOSE and 1 other person like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, I've had my little bit of fun now and will now go back to be a respectful gentleman, it was funny though.
    Jamie and Ad2mny like this.