PAGNIAN Prize COMPETITION 1 DETAILS & DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Sponsors' started by Juzzo, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

Brilliant!! thanks for all of your answers guys.All sounds fair enough to me. Much appreciated. Ive already got a G27 attached to my desk which works great. Dont know how the wife will react to a cockpit "IF" i win :lol: Oh well bad luck for her!

Also great job by Pagnian to do this. Us Aussie's and NZ's have been fingered by not being eligible for the GT Academy prizes and what not and its great to actually race for something instead of a car or gears that i could just buy and win for myself.
  2. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

thanks admin :)

just wondering, which tyres are we supposed to be using for this? i dont think it says anything on the promotion page, but when clicking on the title on the home page (with the 3 comments), an admin says you have to be on racing hards. Fryz's current time of 6 12 compared to MIKI's 6 28 sounds like a pretty big time difference, unless someones got the wrong tyres or something like that
  3. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Rookie

I was on racing softs. It said no mod restrictions so I assumed racing softs are the go.
  4. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

No, it's just one guy with talent and the other without. :lol:
  5. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Racing Hards guys, we all know soft is not realistic at all.

Ive updated the first post, Sorry I thought I outlined that before.

Keep practicing :lol:
  6. AussieInfidel

AussieInfidel martyn rogers

hate to sound retarded but how do i submit my time, how do i get the replay off the ps3, i've never done it before
  7. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Rookie

Ok....
    Well there goes my time... What about track edge grip? Real or low? Personally I really appreciate the effort involved in setting this up and the prizes as well, but it might be worth a quick squiz at the first post in this thread.

It's important to clearly define things like skid recovery and track edge grip. You don't want to leave anything Upto assumptions, I've been racing for many years and I still assumed wrong on this one. Unlimited mods didn't mean racing softs for example.
  8. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Agree, would be good if the poster could be updated..
  9. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    OKAY there should be no assumptions now, I've updated the first post so its completely clear and concise.

Heres a transcript of what Ive stated in the first post.

[size=150:3h85wvit]Transmission: At User Discretion
    Tyres: Racing > HARD (Front AND Back)
    Driving Line: OFF
    Traction Control: At User Discretion
    Skid Recovery Force: OFF
    Active Steering: OFF
    Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
    ABS: At User Discretion
    Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: LOW
    Mechanical Damage: OFF
    Clutch: At User Discretion
  10. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Please check out the Replay Upload Guide, its not that hard at all.

http://gtleagueoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=745
  11. AussieInfidel

AussieInfidel martyn rogers

swwet, thanks mate
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Is it possible to set the track edge grip in ARKADE Time Trial ?

The competition officially starts on the 15th but you can enter times now, good to have all the questions coming in to make sure everyone is clear on what they must do to submit a legitimate time, fryz comment on assumptions is spot on, everyone must read the conditions carefully. I think the setting for the Time trial have been more clearly defined now. If anyone is still unsure of any aspect of the competition don't hesitate to post your query here. Good luck and good laps to you all.
  13. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Rookie

Yes it is. I also don't know the difference between arcade time trial and Gt mode practice. Anybody experimented with those?

Thanks for clearing it all up too in regards to the settings. 720 hp on racing hards will be extremely interesting lol.
  14. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    No problem, Small_Fryz...

As a rule of thumb, we have always stuck to time trial in arcade mode.

Good luck with getting your best time.

In some more news, the final race has not been decided yet, it will possibly be the Nurburgring GP/D track. I will announce this soon. Also the final race will be captured with HD video and sound to be presented on the front page of the site. Hoping for an exciting final race.

Keep the replays coming guys :mrgreen:
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yer from my experience arcade time trial and GT mode practice are exactly the same. But I would still err on the side of caution and use arcade mode if that's what the regulations have stated....

Good thing the tyres have been clarified, I also would have assumed Racing Softs were the go given the statement "unlimited tuning". And from practice I saw some other guys doing this was a common understanding.Thanks saves me wasting time!

Can I ask why track edge grip has been set to 'low' and not 'real'?
    This is effectively having skid recovery on for off-track excursions.
    We are discouraging corner cutting, and the in-game system for time trial is pretty good at negating your time if you cut the inside of a corner.
    But we have also established the 'wide-cuts' are not acceptable either and the in-game system doesn't regulate these very well. Setting the off-track grip level to 'real' would help mitigate off-track behaviour resulting in any advantage...

P.S. off track grip set to 'real' is also consistent our standard lobby racing setting.
  16. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Koastr you are right, I have updated this in all documentation to avoid any further confusion, that was a typo on my part.

You guys got to understand the last 3 days have been hectic for me, in between communicating with you guys and organising other things in the background. I have not slept properly since the start of this exciting project. I am so happy to be part of this competition and I am grateful for Pagnian to get involved with our passion for racing.

In the future, I wish to make this site even better... the purpose of GTLOZ is to be a central domain for all GT5 fans and a place where members can setup random races on nights during the week. My goal is to make this site official in the eyes of all aussie gt fans. In recent months, Ive seen traffic triple to this site and in turn, my work in the background has tripled. I'm in the process of selecting new forum software which is paid and will make push GTLOZ to the next step, I just need some money and time. When I have a strong team behind me, how can I fail...

In total we have enough racers here to start building a following.

In the future Pagnian Imports are willing to give our community some great discounts, they are on board to support GTLOZ.

Justin ;)
  17. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Good point. I agree. It should be set to Real. I was suprised when I read it should be set to LOW.

I also thought that RS tyres would be ok to use.. oh well.
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    No worries Justin, I totally understand!
    It's a very exciting opportunity I'm sure you, Pagnian, and all of us here at GLOZ are eagre to see up and running as quicly as possible, but obviously there's alot of work involved to set it going smoothly.

BIG THANKS to you and to Pagnian for putting this all together for us. I look forward to giving it a go, just hoping I get some time soon!
  19. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    SEIDO this has been fixed now - typo.

Has your name got anything to do with Seido Karate?

Who's practising there butt of already? Post pictures of your race built 458 if you can, Im interested to see your circuit cars.
  20. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Thank you, Also got to thank Carn & Bonus as well.

Without there help I could not achieve any of this, I will state that for the record.

Race On...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.