GT6 [Completed] Throwback Series - The Rejects

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by REVO_Bryan, Sep 22, 2015.

1. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Congrats to @N64TheStig007 for the overall win again and @Bryan_F on the great series. Never seemed to have good first laps but enjoyed battling my way through the field in a wide variety of cars.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Firstly, congrats and thanks to @N64TheStig007 for a consistently dominant performance and for providing a great foundation for this series. Second, thanks to @emmo46 for the ever-so-useful tables. And third, thanks to everyone who participated and made this series a great success. I didn't expect such a great reception for my first ever organized series! And I have a few more up my sleeve...;)

P.S. I know there have been some iffy driving incidents, but I put that mostly down to unfamiliarity with the cars and big differences in race pace.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Your not wrong Jono. Those last few laps were intense to say the least! Was having to defend constantly almost everywhere. Thought you had me a couple of times into La Combes. Once around the outside and then down the inside which I was suprised to see you try as I made your line soooooo tight for the first corner. Only thing that saved me I think from memory (havent watched the replay yet) was that I seemed to get a better run through pouhon most times giving me the gap I needed to have a chance at defending out of Blanchimont and into the bus stop.
    By far the best battle I have had in a long time, but I WON!!!!! :p:p:p
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  5. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    Bit of a reality check for me last night, apart from being dog slow I'm more than a a bit embarrassed about screwing up turn 1 for others. Driving using paddles with binary accel/brake control is not working especially if a wheel creeps onto the grass and the longer corners. I took TCS off befor last nights races but in retrospect that only made it worse.
    So I'm going into partial hibernation for a while until my fancy new 360degree hand controls arrive and I get confidence that my pace is up to a minimum reasonable level for ROOZ (division 4!). Not sure why I could only manage 2.22 in the M3 as I'd been doing 1.19's in time trial. I reckon the new hand controls may carve a second off and 2.18's would make me part of the race.
    Turn 1 in the X2014 was a shocker (sorry!). I'd decided before the start to hang left and stay wide and hope to get onto main straight mid-field. But I didn't count on not being able to see the apex at all and no other braking markers on the left, so I best-guessed, braking too early. Then all hell broke loose and someone plowed up my arse. How long do newcomers start on the front row? I gather this is done so newcomers don't spend whole race following, but TBH I've had my fill of turn 1 dramas and would be happier at back of the field.
    Nevertheless I will still submit a Scion RS qual time for the upcoming season, hoping I get up to pace by then
    BTW I really admire the atmosphere in ROOZ, very professional and obviously lots of real experience amongst the players. I'm guessing many of you played hard over several years, through GT5 and into GT6, and it shows! cheers
    emmo46 likes this.
  6. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Did you set Grip Reduction to "Low"? Most ROOZ events are set to "Real". Also offline physics are slightly different to online, so it's better to practice in an online lobby to get an indication of your pace.

Sorry to hear about your dramas with the starting format. I will take your feedback into consideration for future events. In league racing there is qualifying at every round, so you will not encounter this issue.
  7. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    OK thanks, I'll check out grip reduction too. I thought it only applied at or over the track edge and since TT's enforces edges I can't see that making 2 second difference ?
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it is the offline vs online physics.
    any laps done offline are faster than online...always been that way
  9. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Thanks heaps for the series Bryan. Congrats Jonno..too good throughout...same for a few others who drove really well..not sure what you do about racing incidents Bryan. There seems to be a fair share of them in any ROOZ series. I would like to think that most actually follow the ROOZ driving code (certainly so many occasions where I have seen others don't). For me it is simply a case of racing fairly as the key priority...not winning. The Winning desire is probably what governs people's ultimate deliberate decisions about their driving standards. The only answer is to keep reviewing incidents where people have been genuinely disadvantaged by the deliberate (as opposed to unintentional) driving decisions of others. I still think ROOZ is the fairest and most respectful driving community on GT6 so I don't think we are in a bad place. Incidents will always happen - the key for me is, if you think that maybe your action was deliberate and it may have impacted someone else, that should be enough to tell you that you are best to redress it with the other party right there, when it happens - in the race.
    My suggested series will happen too hopefully (for those unfamiliar - look for ROOZ Super Challenge in the COMMUNITY EVENTS section) -- just need to get enough interest (think I got about 6 initial responses after posting but have not promoted it any further on the site - until this plug here). If I get the interest, I will then figure out a date in the ROOZ schedule. To respond to Ninja's point - my format might bring some remedy to the good intentions of handicapping (in this throwback series) with it's slightly different format.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    Are replays of either/both Sunday's races available now?

Well that sucks! But important to know. so thanks, I think.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    generally you need to save the replay yourself as I am not sure how to transfer the replay to youtube (although it is possible, just it is not interactive)
  12. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    OK, but sounds like maybe someone else has Sundays replay(s) they can put on YouTube or into a public DropBox ?
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Beau_Albert used to make some awesome vids (beau time for a shameless plug) maybe he can link some of his past efforts for your entertainment.

At the moment though, I am not sure if anyone is doing this (or even has the time).
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you want to watch a replay your best bet is to save it yourself.
  15. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  16. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'll take a shameless Plug whenever i can Hat..... :p
    Hey Ninja, i used to do some race reviews of a series run on the site. If you want a taste of some of the battles that take place here, this series really did show off some of the greatest racing many of us have ever taken part in. If you've ever got some free time, i think some of the battles are worth the watch :thumbsup:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWvfIjGQ7DpMFgK1zCUe8oDXQPfF9oia7
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  17. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    Hey thanks @Beau_Albert, I will have a look at those.
    My main interest was to view last Sunday's races for learning purposes. Too late for that but I will save races myself in future.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  18. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  19. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF