Division 2 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    It's shootshot with about eight 0s in it !
    Shootshoooooooot
    garyw61 likes this.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys. (Generic post).
    Will tidy up the threads tonight, about 98% done. I will also get to the stewards group either tonight or tomorrow !

@garyw61 was available to host (thanks Gary) who can be back up host ??

Track list is locked in, will be released tomorrow night before meet and greet. Just need to sort a couple of the finer details with time change and weather. We will run a wet to dry race and also a 24 hr cycle race, with the usual 2 race sprint.
    DONT FORGET TO GET A PIT STRAT SET FOR THE CAR. YOU WILL NEED TO REDUCE THE FUEL FILL TO 0 (zero) as the slow burn will see everyone have fuel spare. Tires will remain on real, so some will need to take tires, others won't, but that was going to happen no matter what wear rate we used. We also looked at running a "random weather" race, but drivers couldn't be guaranteed of going onto the right tire so we will run a split weather race instead which will spice it up along with being easily manageable.

Seems with this car the times are very close, if there is someone you see CLEARLY out of place please pm me or ad2mny so we can look at it. Remember there are 2 classes in each so we effectively have 6 divisions. If you are in class B you also have your own point score.

PLEASE READ, or REREAD the rules and regs. Mainly concerning contact, when to redress and track limits. Rules and regs will be enforced by the stewards group so looking forward to that. The correct PROTEST PROCEDURE will be reinforced with all drivers as well before season start.

At this stage, that's all I can think of, any questions regards the new season just shoot, based on some of the test races we have had it should be our best season yet.

Stu and ads.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I will open up a practice room tonight at about 7.30 AEDT. Format will be 10min qualy, then 5 lap races for as many season tracks as we can get through. Will try to start first qualy at around 8.10.

See you there!
    George, stucar17 and maximuscatticus like this.
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  6. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    @stucar17 im gonna have to pull the pin mate, game is still broken
  7. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I don't like this:(
  8. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Either do I but I dont want to be a street sweeper with people trying to race
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    bugger mate....ho0pe you can get it sorted for future seasons....
    @Jim_aka_The_Man i will slot back down then
    Toranafan-02 and George like this.
  10. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Had fun last night. I hadn't done any practice in the sierra in the lead to last night and to find I was mid pack pace was a great surprise. I plan on doing more mid week practice for this season, to work on my consistentency. See you all on Sunday :D
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING

R1
    : 12th Feb - ROAD AMERICA - 20 LAPS - 7/6/17 @ 12 noon.
    Wear - Real / Fuel - Slow
    Penalties : ON
    Weather slots - SYNC TO RACE
    1. Light Cloud
    2. Heavy Cloud
    3. Light cloud
    4. Clear
    [​IMG]

Ok Guys, PLEASE TAKE 5 MINS TO READ THE FOLLOWING AND LIKE IT WHEN YOU HAVE READ IT AND UNDERSTAND IT !

Welcome to Season 6.......hope its a great start to the season, 20 laps of Road america.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. There are track cut penalties here, at turns 1,3,6,7,8, 13 and 14. There are also substantial run off areas at turns 1, 3,8 and 12 before you get pinged. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.
    PASSING : Is plenty of spots to pass here, when a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.
    TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will HAVE TO HAVE YOUR PIT STOP STRATEGY SET, AND SELECT IN THAT STRATEGY IF YOU WANT TO TAKE TIRES OR NOT. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the sierra one (even default)

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straight forward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of T14 for a clean entry into pit lane. On EXIT, drivers should remain within the exit lines, aware of fast approaching cars into T1.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Good luck to everyone, please show RESPECT to other drivers, and race hard but FAIR.
    Stu / Mod team
  12. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Well done @stucar17 & team on another massive job getting us all organised for the season ahead.

Looking forward to racing with a few new faces this season, and very interested to see how the 2 class system pans out, hopefully all for the better with full rooms & good, clean, racing for all.
    Anthonyb and George like this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @maximuscatticus at this stage mate will have to stay in D2.....no space in 3......Hang tough mate...need some help with pace just let me know and will do what i can to help. Also, have you seen beaus vid he does, is a big help to everyone other than the other aliens !
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sorry guys....1 last thing...

can someone set up a group chat on PSN including all drivers so no one misses any info....if it isnt done already... @garyw61 @v8power383 ??

Some of the guys dont get on the forum, but i need everyone to read and understand the driver briefing and rules and regs for the season......

Thanks heaps
    Stu
  15. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    was set up on Sunday night. Thanks to @garyw61
    v8power383 and stucar17 like this.
  16. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Righto. Not getting much chance to practice at the moment, (absolutely flat out at work). Have you got a link to beau's video?
  17. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  18. ShootSho7t

ShootSho7t Rookie

PSN ID
    shoootshoooooooot
    Hi guys, just found out that I am in Division 2B....
    Read the briefing and looking forward to the races.
  19. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Unfortunately I won't make the race tonight. Currently away on annual leave. Good luck everyone
    garyw61 likes this.
  20. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    ...and finally it's race day! Welcome to new drivers!

Just a couple of notes on tonight's format:
    - I will normally open practice room around 7.30pm Sydney time.
    - tuning will be enabled in this room for drivers to modify pit stop strategy if required. Please ensure you set fuel load to 90 litres as well if you haven't already (you won't need to change this again for the rest of the season).
    - I will open a new room for qualifying and re-send invites to all drivers (this enables tuning to be turned off and helps with replay stability).
    - Mandatory pit stop will be enforced in-game, so you will get the annoying reminder every lap until you pit.
    - Please mute your mics during qualifying/the race.

Please ensure you don't leave the PSN group, or you may run the risk of missing out on invites. Please don't send messages to this group during the race, unless you have been disconnected in the first lap, and would like the race restarted. After all cars have completed 1 lap, there will be no more re-starts.

Lastly, would anyone like to volunteer to be timekeeper? Just need to record pole position, results and fastest lap (so just a couple of screenshots really).

See you on track tonight!