Division 3 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Damn... This really tightens the battle for second and third. As it stands with the dropped round into effect, this is how it would look like:

1. Scotty 108
    2. Slambo 72
    3. S_CLOSE 69
    4. Hatfield 63
    5. Beau 56
    6. Stumbles 49

Did this very quickly and may have missed something or someone else, I'm sure Hat's spread sheet in the divisions table will correct it.
    Well done Scotty on securing the div3 championship, too fast and consistent all through out this season.
    garyw61, smokinscotty and Stumbles like this.
  3. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    What a great race! Put in a lot of practice and managed to find the outright pace, but wasn't good enough on used rubber and with the rate I was chewing up tyres I knew I would need 3 stops. Got a great start and managed to get a gap on the field, but knew it would need to be a big gap to make the strategy work. As my tyres and my times faded I could see Beau catching me at a great rate and I knew he was going to be far quicker over the distance. I stuck to my plan and gave it my best. I'm very happy to run second to Beau tonight, he was very consistent even as the tyres went off, great drive mate! I'm also very happy with taking fastest lap, getting into the 29s even though my last sector was half a second slower than the previous lap!
    Going three wide with Hatfield and Serg is right up there with one of the best moments racing in Rooz. Domo Arigato everyone!
  4. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Thanks mate, really surprised at how competitive I have been given Im not a huge fan of the car. I have been doing a lot of practice, moreso than last season, I'm really happy to get a result from all the hours spent in prep!
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Woohoo, and I picked scotty in the tipping competition :)
    smokinscotty likes this.
  6. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Ahh, a night of "what if's" for me. Managed to get online for a heap of practice for this race and was pretty happy with my pace at one of my "preferred" tracks. Tested a 3 stop strat and thought that it would be quicker so decided on that.
    First stint went well and actually considered staying out and going the 2 stopper, but as I neared the pits, made the decision to stick with my plan. Nearing the end of my second stint, I caught s45ved who looked to be doing a 1 stopper but I was stuck behind for just over a lap and that brought Beau right onto my tail. Some spins and collision with the wall at turn one was the end of my night (none of which happened during practice) and I was left a bit disappointed crossing the line.
    During testing of the 3 stopper Sunday afternoon, I managed to do a 1:30.219, but couldn't get that during the race.
    Well done to Scotty on the championship and good luck to the guys fighting for second, think I just blew my chances (unless all you guys DSC at the enduro...lol).
    smokinscotty likes this.
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well done guys on the podium. Was quite an interesting race with all the different strats.

Its true I was going for a 1 stopper, but it all started going bad from the start..

Has S_CLOSE all over me and got caught up a bit in the racing. My goal was trying hard to save my tyres as I was going long, so was going at about 90% which Im sure was slowing up the guys behind me. But the pressure and mixed up with the other cars I used to much grip out of them to make the 1 stop work. Pit on lap 15, which was a bad decision, as lost over 10 secs per lap on both 14 - 15 with no tyre grip.

Mistakes in strat didn't stop there. Thought I was already running last after going a little deep into turn 1 letting Stumbles and Dutch past, so decided to pit again (although tyres were still at 8, and this stop also meant I did move to last), but then trying to push I did a slide through the fast chicane losing about 10 seconds and eating out the tyres (cancelling my benefit of pitting).

Very disappointing result for me as I did a bit of practice and pulled off the 1 stop staying in the 32s/33s (post patch) which was the goal.

Spa is probably my fav track, so looking forward to it. However, Im karting next weekend at Newcastle and not sure what time I'll get home (got a 7 hour race on the Sunday). Race is scheduled to finish at 4:30pm, then need to packup and drive back to Sydney. I should be home by 8:30pm, dunno whether I could just race with no qualifying? I'll know Sunday anyway how things are going and can post on the forum if I'll be back by or before 8:30pm.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    upload_2014-6-23_14-30-9.png
    Well done on the championship scotty!
    smokinscotty likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Congratulations Scotty! Thoroughly deserved. Well done to Beau as well for taking your first win!
    smokinscotty likes this.
  10. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Cheers Jono!
    Geez Spa is going to be tough!
  11. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

I hope tyre wear is normal for spa.
    Tyres wear so fast otherwise will be a 5-6 pit stop race. Was so hard to find a rythem aswell.
    I switched over to normal wear and I found it much better still way off the pace thou so far my best is 2.07
  12. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Don't worry, in a quick 10 or so laps on two setups, my best was a 7.6, I'm pretty sure and faster than that will be tricky to maintain. There is defiantly more in it, but you start walking the fine line between couple of tenths faster and 10 seconds slower as you un-bury yourself.

Dat Chicane Doe.... cant seem to master it, in any bloody car. always sideways in, always sideways out :D
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    My PB yesterday was a 2.07.3 but it was on my first laps with tyres still 100% and no traffic. It's
    Such a long track with so many places to bin your lap and run out of fuel ;) , that consistency and tyre management will be key.
  14. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I had a quick run yesterday, got 10 laps on a set of softs and they were only on 4 or 5 when I pitted. Race will be won by strategy and conservation... If you wanna go flat out the whole time, then you will have to pit more often, fast wear will work though.
    Granted, my fastest was only a 2:09.xxx, but got a 2:08 later in the session, still finding my way around and getting quicker every lap. Not one of my fav tracks, still have bad memories of spinning out 3 laps in a row going through turns 15 and 16 last time we raced here.

[​IMG]
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  15. Slambobagan

Oh k you guys have similar times. I havnt raced much on this track I Thought I was way off the pace after having practice with rotor last night he was punching out consistent 2.05s and fastest was a 2.04.9. And making it look easy.
    I struggled to stay on the track to keep up with him.
  16. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Never compare yourself to an alien ;) I always see their times and just add 10 seconds to it as a default target that is generally what I am averaged out at slower than them o_O
    Stumbles likes this.
  17. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    He is a good driver, and his done 100's (maybe even over a 1000) of laps at spa in the last fortnight qualifying with GT academy.

I think we'll see at least 2.06s in this div.

As mentioned earlier, would love to attend this, but probably will only be able to get online at 8:30... is this too late?
  18. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hmm, being the enduro, we normally start a bit earlier, but who knows with connection issues and last minute updates that PD spring on us, can't tell until Sunday night.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys. Regs for the enduro this sunday.

LAPS WILL BE 41 (accounting for a few extra pit stops)
    WEAR : FAST
    QUAL: Must use RACE SOFT
    RACE: 1st stint MUST be race soft, then you must do AT LEAST 1 stint on the RACE MEDIUM during the race.

This means you can run the medium all the way to the end IF YOU WANT, or you might opt to run 3 stints on the soft tire and just 1 on the medium. ITS UP TO YOU so long as you run both compounds at some stage.

After testing, its clear that you can get between 7 - 10 laps from the soft tire, where as on the mediums you will run out of fuel before the tires die. (11 laps from a tank i reckon). Using the fast wear setting definitely brings more strategy into it, which is why we have decided to go this way.

IF you are a tire eater i would suggest using the Medium from after the first pit stop till the end of the race. This way you should be able to get through on 3 stops, if you use the soft tire more than once you "might" have to stop 4 times, but it would be a close thing given the 2-3 second lap time difference.

Any questions fire them at us.

Thanks for your support this season guys. Has definitely been a challenge with PD throwing changes at us, reasonable numbers, the loss of a good mate, a beast of a car and a tough track list. The mod team have done a great job keeping the ball rolling behind the scenes so thanks to them as well.

The next season should be a walk in the park, get your entries in !

Cheers
    MOD TEAM
    garyw61 likes this.
  20. Slambobagan

Sweet looks like I'll be running RM tyres, will be on for some testing tonight.
    As for the start time please no later then normal Us poor kiwis are 2hours ahead of you guys. So race probly won't finish till 12:30am.
    Stumbles likes this.