Division 5 season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Attempts at passing on Big Willow will probably end up with someone way off track :confused:
    webnomad, Peter Wise and SuiCid3 like this.
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I qualified in 8th for Race 1, got a poor start and had dropped 2 spots by village. Got promoted to 9th with peach's unfortunate spin at spectator bank on lap 1. Peach dropped back to 11th but managed to catch back up and we fought for 9th which he took back, but then he accidently shunted v8 off the track at club so he redressed on the hanger and watched the rest of the field drive by. Lap 5 saw me in 8th with web in 7th and kart in 6th and homebrew close behind me in 9th, I managed to close the gap to web and kart by lap 11 but I lost the gap again coming out of stowe. Lap 13 saw web lose it at stowe and with no where to go I t-boned him and hombrew flew on past for 7th. I was on homebrew's bumper for the last few laps but with no clear way past (and didn't want to take out my team mate) finished 8th.
    Well done to Stiff, Vardz and Chrystal on the podium.

Race 2 I started in 4th but by the 1st corner peach and kart got the jump on me and back to 6th I went. Castro went to deep into village and I managed to pass kart into stowe for 4th. Got a good run out of club onto the main straight and got passed v8 and into 3rd. Peach and webnomad were having a good battle which allowed me to stay close enough to capitalise on any mistake they might make but the mistake would come from me on lap and on lap 5 vardz mad the move into 3rd when i stuffed up my entry into club. Lap 5 saw chrystal make a move at village at relegate me to 5th, I stuck with him at on lap 8 he made a slight error at the link and i managed to get passed him for 4th. Put the power down a bit early at village on lap 9 and dropped a couple of spots back to 6th. Lap 10 saw crimj try a pass at the link on the inside but he managed to clip my car and I became a spinning top, He stomped on the brakes to allow for the redress but kart slammed into him as he was right on his tail pipe. By the time I got going again I was in 9th and a huge gap to make up to 8th place castro. By the start of lap 15 I had nearly caught castro and v8 and by the end of hanger straight I got by both of them through stowe. With 3 laps to go and to big of a gap to kart in 6th to reel in I concentrated on pulling a gap on v8 in 8th and holding onto 7th whicj I did.
    Well done to Stiff, Chrystal and Vardz for the Podium
    I had better pace in practice than I had on race day but thems the breaks now onto Big Willow (Oh Yay)
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Any protests? Or can I post the results?
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I'm just keen to know if I picked up any points in my first race and if I'm in a team or not
    Peter Wise and flashfirst like this.
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    There was a little murmur last night but it will be resolved with a warning from the moderators and I have nothing new in my inbox so i think you have the all clear hat
    flashfirst likes this.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    V8 the points system for last night is a little different to the norm. We only have sprint rounds once a season (2 race format) With your combined total you came home in 12th and you will score 3 points for that as we use the moto GP points system. you will also be assigned to a team by the moderators after all the points for the round have been finalised. A couple of protested pending i believe so give it a day or so and it will be here in the thread
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Thanks mate
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    peach wanted an incident investigated in R1 as far as I recall...
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Yeah web...sorted last night with the above stated action to be taken...
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

This isn’t a dig at anyone in particular, and i will post this in every division thread for all to read, and hopefully get the desired effect.....a better racing experience for everyone. I hate the thought of losing even 1 driver, because of bad or desperate driving. Is a win or better result worth it ?

Over the last few rounds, and also season 3, it would appear there has been a general decline in driving standards, and it’s something that can be seen through the number of protests and race incidents brought to the mod teams attention. SOME of these have been shown to be network issues, and this is something we have all battled at some stage through our ROOZ racing. Most protests / complaints however have been through an increase in “dive-bombs, contact, a failure to redress, exceeding track limits or rough driving. Its not cool, and starting to wear thin.

Why are we here? Because we were all sick to death of jumping in a room where some 17 year old feral from a far away country would think it’s cool to drive backwards on the track in his fully sic Veyron, or ram you intentionally just for :):):):)s and giggles. That’s not what ROOZ is about, and certainly not what Justin, Carn and the other ROOZ originals had in mind when they set this place up for us.

We are all for hard racing, whatever the division you find yourself competing in. Some even say that “rubbins racing”, but there is a line where people will get the :):):):)s and walk away, hoping not to get belted by the 17 year old in a room they want to take a chance on, because they couldn’t be bothered with us anymore.

The Mod team hate going through the process of sorting protests, its time consuming and generally ends with one driver feeling gutted. In the interests of fairness we need to have that process, but we also need all drivers to take some responsibility for the way in which they drive, the way in which they pass and the way in which they feel what is fair in getting their best result. A hit up the arse of another driver, without redressing aint cool, and i am sure people know when its happened. I don’t understand why a driver wouldn’t redress at the time.

The mod team has worked its arse off to get the level of support we currently enjoy from our sponsors, and the size of our grids. It goes without saying that all that hard work can end up in the toilet if we aren’t on the same page with what is fair and reasonable. The PSN has undoubtedly had some impact on our racing, but is nowhere near the reason for the number of issues we seem to be getting at the moment. It has also been an issue in every room, from div 1 to div 6.

We ask that everyone take a breath, think about what is fair and reasonable when racing, follow the rules we set to "try" to give everyone the best racing experience regardless of their division or speed, and try to make the racing what we want it to be, hard but more importantly fair. If you havent read the rules and regs please do it. If you have, read it again for a refresher......

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

As i said at the top of this post, this isnt directed an anyone in particular, but for everyone to have a think about so we can all lift our game, and get back to talking about the great racing that we are all looking for.

If you agree with these thoughts, like the post. It will be seen as 2 things. Acknowledgement you have read what has been said, and secondly you understand that there has be a line drawn in the sand in the interest of OUR league and OUR drivers.

Stu / Mod Team
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

@emmo46 you have stiffsht down as fastest lap in the championship tables but chrystalmit got the fastest overall lap.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Oops, I was looking at race two times, will correct it.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    After being told we get full points for first sprint race, then half points for the second one, I was a bit confused how I could only end up with 17 points from a 3rd & a 2nd place, until I figured out those points only count as to who wins that round, THEN you are allocated points normally for where you come in the round.
    Thought I had jumped flash and stayed ahead of vardz to give me 2nd spot at least for ONE week.
    BUGGER! :(:(
    flashfirst, VARDZ and emmo46 like this.
  15. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    which time goes into the list - R1 or R2 ...or best between them ?
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Best of the two rounds.
    emmo46 likes this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    when you got by me i was hoping that Stiff could hold you off as i knew had he you passed him it would have given you 2nd overall....good drive to finish within a second of him.
    chrystalmighty likes this.
  18. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
  19. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    a ha... OK ... can you guys then check my time ... my R2 was the one to go for :) - thx
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Yeah your R2 time of 1'08'774 was the quicker of your 2 @emmo46