Division 6 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. feenix7

feenix7 Rookie

PSN ID
    feenix777
    Confirming my grid spot for Sunday, aiming for middle of the pack.
    pat65 likes this.
  2. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Confirming. PSN ID is exactly the same as my username here.
  3. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    [quotI'llfeenix7, post: 41874, member: 990"]Confirming my grid spot for Sunday, aiming for middle of the pack.[/quote]
    Lol. I'll be there too
  4. feenix7

feenix7 Rookie

PSN ID
    feenix777
    We're just a couple of div5 rejects ;)
    pat65 and webnomad like this.
  5. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Don't feel bad, I almost asked if there was a Div 7.
  6. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    I'm running div 7 all on my own every night this week:)

To be in div 7 you must leave the track at least once per lap and full spin every other lap

I'm really doing well!
  7. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Maybe I do belong in Div 6 then ;). I was using a DS3 the other night when I was in the kid's lounge.
  8. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    I am in for Sunday

....makes 3 of us :)
    pat65 likes this.
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Don't be too hard on yourselves fellas :)
    Would love to see you all back in Div5 soon!
    You're not far off considering you have all picked your game quite well towards the end of last season!
  10. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    @motho:
    How did you go with the rest of your practise last night after I left?
    I hope I was able to help you a little... :)
    It's a bugger of a track to get the Macca around until you get your head around it.
  11. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Hi Dave

Thanks again for your help it was really useful. I don't know what my problem was last night.
    2 days ago I was running pretty consistant 29''s and a couple of 28's, yesterday I reckon i did 150 laps and got into the 29's twice!
    I think I've over practiced and am trying to hard which is making everything worse, by the end of last night I did 10 33's in a row and threw in the towell. I probably should take a day off but I'm addicted!
  12. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    No probs at all. I think it helped both of us as I got it back in my head what I needed to do :)

LOL...that sounds exactly like what happened to me the other night. Was hitting 27's and low 28's almost without even trying but then 2 nights later was finding it a struggle just to get mid-28's. I had a rest the folliwng night and didn't get on the PS3 at all and then last night when we were practising it started to come back again....so sometimes having a rest is a good thing.
    Or if you don't want to stop just practise some other track or do something else in GT6 (other than the Macca around Fuji).
    Especially when it's not working there's no point persisting and trying to make it happen as you'll likely just make things worse and then lose your confidence. Better to accept you're having an off-night and practise something else.
  13. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I've found that Fuji gives up a lot of time if you are very patient on the throttle.
    As soon as you hit the gas mid corner, the car will understeer like a :):):):):).
    Hold off for that extra fraction of a second and get the nose pointing where you need and then you can get back on the throttle harder and faster.
    I've dropped over a second of lap time just by being more patient :) If I got everything right in one lap I'd be in the high 26's, but I can now pull mid 27's fairly consistently, when I was struggling to get into the 27's only a few days ago.
  14. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    That's a good point, I think I worked that out and way overcompensated, I'm actually coming out too slow and steering too far, ie not straightening up early enough which means I need a little correct again before powering down
  15. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Haha, that's just the Macca! It's probably the most tail happy car I've driven on GT6 for any extended period.
    Probably a really good intro to online racing actually, because it is one of the toughest cars to drive quickly that we've ever raced with, it will prepare you for anything!
  16. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    That's a great point Lee and I found the same thing. if you wait just a little longer to get around the corners and then hit the gas it makes a world of difference to both your time and also your confidence in the car. It's also surprising just how little you can brake and let the car roll around the corners - which was another thing I was doing wrong initially...braking far too much and for too long, which created a slow exit speed. Couple that with trying to hit the gas too early and your prone for disaster.

The Macca is much more of a handful to drive than the BRZ from last season, but I am actually enjoying that it is. It's not much fun when you get it wrong but when you get it right it really does feel like a huge achievement. And once you figure out your markers and lines around the track the battle then is to hit them consistantly throughout the race.
    stucar17 and leeboy910 like this.
  17. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Looks like I'll have to practice tonight. Haven't cracked the 1:30 yet
  18. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Ok I have added and accepted everyone except for Jaxon can't find his username
  19. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    What's your psn peach?
    I don't think you are on my list.
  20. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    I sent you a request pat but it's CPTNPEACH