Division 6 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, i have just checked and it seems that all 8 drivers have confirmed for tomorrow night.

I suppose all we can do is hope that there are no issues with the network and everyone shows so you have a reasonable grid. We will still accept new driver entries, so any new guys will have to slot into your room as the others are chockers.

If things turn out diabolical for any reason we will look at it after tomorrow night.

Good luck guys,

Stu
  2. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    @Clevohead what time do you generally open the room on race night? With the issues last Sunday night that a few had connecting is it worth starting a little early?

FWIW my issues seem to be totally fixed haven't had a single problem with any rooms all week
    Clevohead, stucar17 and DoogleDave like this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The new season starts tonight, I wish you all luck and all the best for a successful season!

Cheers, Jono

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing is important to men who do it well. When you're racing...it's life. Anything that happened before or after, it's just waiting." -Steve McQueen
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ok guys I will be getting a room up at approx 7:00 pm, if we have any issues we will be moving to a room by our backup host, Patg65 as he has a cable connection.

Look forward to seeing all you guys there.
  5. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    sweet, see you then
    Clevohead likes this.
  6. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Great first race all. Your welcome pat ;). Beat ya CPTNPEACH. Haha.
    pat65 and CPTNPEACH like this.
  7. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Yeah great race guys, now to learn laguna, think I need a week off for that
    webnomad and Clevohead like this.
  8. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  9. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Got lucky last night as I got super wide to hold off motho :) ... Laguna will be tough ...super technical ... And of course the big s bend dip ...

Call out guys ... Not sure about you but my rm'S we shredded by 2/3 if the race - had to nurse then to end while motho was charging from the back ... In last season we raced on hards for normal races and mediums for sprints etc... So ... For consideration...

... Callout 2 - qual ... I think some of us got confused as to the process ... Last set up was to reset the room for fixed time qualification once we were all on track... Not sure of the mechanics but it worked smoothly ..
  10. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    webnomad It was a fun chase, my inexperience showed when I finally caught up only to 1. hit you and 2. crash! Not once , not twice but three times! So my apologies for the nudges:)

is it just me or does Laguna look really narrow? Will make passing interesting

re tyres: can't remember the numbers but mine felt ok pretty much

qualy: agreed, i think there was soe confusion with having to reset the room etc
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah we run the qual after a track reset (we only reset the whole room as I had missed making it private and we had randoms popping in) @ the qual time of 8.10pm, after the track reset we return to the track just like practice, but this is now the qualifier, once the timer clock up in the right hand corner hits 10 min I start the race.

The Prac/Qual/Race setup in the lounge is buggy, and until proven otherwise we run a manual qual.

Hope this helps clear up the mechanics of the qual process.

And I'm hearing you on the tyres, I need to check the regs, for this season as I don't think there is an official post on them, and what rounds use what.

I will be spending a bit of time this week getting a few things tidied up in the forums, so I will work that in with it, last week was my largest trade show for the year hence my absence for the majority of the week. I will be around a bit more from now on.
  12. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Clevo, I think the whole room reset issue last night threw a few people off and a couple didn't realise we were in qualifying immediatly on entering the room again
  13. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah I probably should have made that clearer, and last weeks non-event of the meet'n'greet didn't help either o_O I was just keen to get things going.
  14. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    So can we safely assume that the tyre choice for the rest of the season is RM, with RS for the sprint?
  15. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I will be confirming.
  16. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Is the ghosting of cars during a race a lag issue / fault or is it meant to happen? last night someone, can't rememebr who, spun out in front of me off the track then back on. There was no way for me to avoid plowing straight into his side, instead of a major crash though, he kind of turned transparent and I drove "though" him.

is that normal or signs of a problem?
  17. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Thats normal Motho.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    I think a pit stop every race would be ideal. I will admit that I'm a hard breaker and lead foot by lap 22 I was down to 2 and 3 on my fronts could barely turn the car and had to pit and lost a spot and got lapped.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    In the GT5 days thats what we did Peach. Unfortunately, there is a glitch that means some drivers go through the pits and dont get an option to change tyres, so we have tried to steer clear until the glitch is fixed.

A "top gear top-tip", as soon as the tires are changing red you need to get off the throttle and try to straighten the car up. Being super aggressive on corner entry will kill your tires much faster. Keep practicing and try to be as smooth as you can so you can get some life out of them. If you want to join one of my prac lobbies through the week just jump in for some laps. I will be running open rooms so anyone can join that i dont have my friend list