Division 6 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    RH may help :) ... from what I understand pit stops are only suggested for the enduros... it is assumed that one set should last you for the normal and sprint races...
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That's right nomad, with a bit of prac you should be able to get to the end of the race on one set. Some are harder on tires than others, so it's just a case of conserving a little early so you don't kill them by the end.

Can I suggest you run a race distance in practice through the week so you know how they last at each track. It's also a good indicator of which corners are the hardest on them, so you know where you need to be more gentle early in the race.
  3. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Yeah I need to Learn to steer a lot less aggressive lol. What's your username Stu so I can send you a request. Thanks for your help
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Stuart170773
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done everyone last night......just a couple of things to remember for the rounds ahead......(posted in every thread;)), mainly for the benefit of our new members if they have missed anything .........

1. If you make contact with a car and gain advantage from it you must redress on track and give the spot back. The best example is rear ending someone and pushing them offline. (nothing too major last night, but a few close calls)
    2. You must keep 2 wheels on track at all times. the ripple strips are considered part of the track, continual cutting to gain an advantage will result in a penalty (none reported from last night :))
    3. Something that hasnt been mentioned anywhere, PD in their wisdom, have decided that lapped cars wont ghost anymore, and remain solid. If you are being lapped it is race etiquette to move out of the way of the leading drivers.
    4. Out of respect for our major sponsor, PAGNIAN, you must race 5 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the $850 cockpit at the end of season draw. You must also have a post count of 40 to be eligible by season end.

As i say, there were no major issues last night, just some info for the newbies in case they missed it, and a refresher for some of the oldies like me with a little bit of dementia !!
    CPTNPEACH, motho and Clevohead like this.
  6. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    How is everyone's practice going? I still have a lot of work to do. Did nearly 600 clicks last night and am consistently hitting 1.23's but still clearly have a lot to do.
  7. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    My best last night was in 1:21's but averaging either 1.22's or 1.32's with a spin, and there have been many. i can see where the time can be made up just can't hit the marks. Saw a lot of 1.17's and a 1.16 in Stu's room last night

I'll have a room open tonight from around 6 if you want to get some practice in
    webnomad and Clevohead like this.
  8. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Absolute best I got last night was about 1.22.5 but couldn't pull it again. Practice practice practice :)
  9. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    what config for Traction / ABS ... ? may want to play around and test different combos...
  10. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    I'm ABS 1 and traction 5 at the moment, a good idea, think I'll tweak the traction a bit tonight
  11. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Yeah I'm doing 1:25 at the moment first time racing this track so hopefully by Sunday I'm around the 1:23 mark
  12. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    A little trick I used last night is to crank the brake bias right up.
    I usually run about 2/3 or 3/4 F/R, but on Laguna I've turned it up to 7/8 or 8/8 F/R. This gives a lot more braking power and grip around Laguna for most corners. The only 2 corners to watch are turn 1 and the corkscrew. If you come in too hot you can get the thing locked up a touch, even with ABS on.
    I dropped 1/2 a second straight away by doing this and I think there is definitely more in it.
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  13. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    1:21.716 my best after 20 laps. More spins tthe consistent lap times kerbs on this course are like ice
  14. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Your not wrong about the kerbs
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  15. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    I'm heading on to practice now and get some tips from the senior members lol
  16. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    1:19:170

That's My best so far with consistent 1:21 after that. Would still like to get a bit more smoother on turn 5 and the corkscrew that follows that
    webnomad likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    For me it's all about being patient with the throttle. Once you get it turned in it grips pretty well, get excited and it kills the fronts with understeer, and kills the lap times.

How the hell guys are in the 16s has me buggered, need some volunteers to take swabs of the aliens amongst us !!
  18. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I found the same thing, patience pays off - just like at Fuji. I found that f I hit my turn-in points just right it made such a difference and alot of the turns have either an early or late turn-in point to hit the apex properly. Get it wrong and it really adds time to your lap.

I haven't done alot of laps around Laguna yet but hit my PB of an 18.5 last night and was managing to hit high 18's to mid-19's consistantly, and was hitting high-19's to mid-20's about 20+ laps in with front tyres on around 7.

I dream of hitting a 17, so how these guys are getting 16's is beyond me. Not only are they aliens but their cars must be as well :confused:
  19. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    I'd reckon if you are banging out regular 18's after not a lot of laps then 17's should be doable easy for you.

Anyone else loaded a couple of laps into the data logger? I had a look at it this morning, some excellent insights in how different braking / acceleration affect time
  20. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Thanks Motho, time will tell I guess. I know there's more time out there, just need to hone my driving to chip away at it.
    Unfortunately I won't be able to do the extensive amount of laps as I did for Fuji as the coming weekend is looking VERY busy ROOZ wise.

Thurs - Musta's ISC race
    Fri - Jono's Boost race
    Sat - BJ's over-30's race
    Sun - Round 2 at Laguna Seca

That'll teach me for entering so many events LOL :)