Division 6 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright guys,

Just 4 days and the chaos will start.......A couple of things have been mentioned in all the rooms after the meet and greet....To tire regs are now up in the OP. Both Race Soft and Race Hard to be used. Start the race on the tire you qualify on, and you may only run 1 stint on the soft tire. Obviously minimum of 1 pit stop. PIT LANE WILL BE CLOSED DURING QUAL AND THE ROOM HOST/CAPTAIN will ask everyone to check you have the right tires before you leave the pits.

1. TRACK LIMITS : This is very clear in our rules and regs. YOU MUST KEEP AT LEAST 2 WHEELS ON OR INSIDE THE RIPPLE STRIPS AT ALL TIMES. Failure to do so will result in a drive through penalty where there is an obvious advantage gained over other drivers. USE YOUR BRAINS !!
    [​IMG]
    Going off track at COPSE and STOWE continually or intentionally to gain advantage will incur a drive through. Running off a few times will be viewed as a mistake, more than that is cheating ! Room captains have been asked to monitor this.

DRIVING STANDARDS : Yes i know i have said this before, but with big grids and close packs PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU GET IT WRONG, or if you take out another driver....everyone knows what we mean by this. It works both ways, dont hit anyone and take advantage to pass, and likewise, dont close the door on someone if they have the line. Simple ;)

Stu
    webnomad, PharQ and Peter Wise like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, Good luck tonight.....gotta love the start of the season.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ROUND 1 GENERALLY THROWS UP SOME CURVE BALLS AND ISSUES SO PLEASE TRY TO BE PATIENT WITH NEW DRIVERS / MEMBERS WHO ARE FINDING THEIR FEET. WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE. ;) All rooms have nominated room captains and i will leave it to their discretion on how long they wait / adjust / or fiddle to get everyone in the room. First night "generally" sees us about 15 mins behind to sort any issues so again please try to be patient. Drivers with connection issues also need to be aware that only a certain amount of time can be allocated before the race needs to start....please be aware of this. ALSO, before qual do a check on how many people everyone can see, some guys may need to do a reset, if you decide to start with some guys not seeing one another it does give a different perspective if there are race incidents to sort through

I hope everyone understands the rules on tires.......When the room resets for Qualifying you must be on the tires you want to qual and start the race on. PIT LANE IS CLOSED during qualy. You can only run 1 stint on the soft tire, minimum of one stop to run both compounds. If room captains can explain this before the room is set that would be good.

If you have an issue in the race, PLEASE PM ME AND THE ROOM CAPTAINS to get it sorted. Dont rant on the forum. Save your replay and check all views before you "blow up" about something. Let the mod team deal with any issues in a professional and ordered manner and penalties will be handed out where required.

I hope you have all seen my posts on 'CUTTING" and "CONTACT". A reminder though, if you constantly cut corners (2 wheels must remain on at least the ripple strips) you will be penalized in the form of a drive through penalty (approx 30 secs added to your race time - exact time will be worked out if needed) or excluded from the race results. Also, if you make contact to another car and push them off line gaining a position you MUST REDRESS or you will also face a drive through. Contact works BOTH WAYS though, so if you run wide, or make an error with a car behind you please be mindful of them, but equally, using the car in front as a rail in a kamakazi move doesnt go down well and you will likely be on the end of a protest.....Also be carefull when rejoining the track after an off track excursion. Returning to the track without looking can and has ruined others races.....

THE GENERAL PASSING RULE IS "IF YOU HAVE YOUR CAR MORE THAN A THIRD ALONG SIDE YOU CAN EXPECT TO HAVE THE INSIDE LINE OUT OF THE CORNER, THE CAR ON THE OUTSIDE SHOULD YIELD" all of us need to use our brains on this and "race" smart.

Really hope you all enjoy the season guys, remember its fun, its not brain surgery, and if things get a little tense just think of BJ to get everything back in perspective......

Cheers stu
    PharQ and Peter Wise like this.
  3. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    hope to have a room up by about 7.45pm syd time. see ya there
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    Well, had a great turnout for race 1 and a reasonably clean start, only a couple of compatibility probs and 2 disco's. Haven't watched replay yet but results were
    1- killer 49.19.553 2- copper 49.37.901 3- cptpeach 49.44.850 4- TFGuy 49.49.746 5- phark 50.01.305
    6- freddy 50.20.307 7- cyber 50.24.426 8- crimj 50.37.540 9- kart 50.39.147 10- 'brew 50.45.173
    11- major 50.46.114 12- v8 -dnf 13- kev -dnf disco #2 chrys disco #1 web.
    from all reports everyone seemed happy with room conduct. will update with fastest laps through the week, (unless someone beats me to it).
  5. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    OOOPs, wrong team logo, will have to fix that through the week too, ....now how do ya do that again???? lol.
    Peter Wise and SPL Racing like this.
  6. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    :mad:
  7. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    You owe us a beer for that :)
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    webnomad and emmo46 like this.
  9. Crimj1985

Crimj1985 Rookie

PSN ID
    Crimj1985
    i couldnt see V8,cyberstig and killer,i spun out on the first lap and me and web had a hard time trying to drive or even over take Major cause he was glitching go bad,he would be around the corner then he glitch and end up right infront of web making him brake and then id run up his ass(sorry web)
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Awesome racing last night. Haven't seen a full grid in sunday league racing since I joined so well done on everyone turning up.
    My race went better than I thought as i was originally going to start on hards but after some input from the PRT captain softs were the choice.
    I managed to secure pole and got a good start and lead into T1. From here I just tried to stay consistent and get a gap back to second, which appeared to be working as the gap was getting bigger every lap.
    By the time I pitted at the end on lap 10 I think i had about a 20 second gap back to Phar-q in 2nd. Reentered the track in 2nd just ahead of the formal guy and managed to hold him off.
    Phar-q pitted a couple of laps later and I was back in the lead but I knew that the guys who had to pit for softs would pose a risk in the late stages of the race.
    And sure enough it happened, I could see the gap reducing at every sector and by lap 18 The formal guys and killercarlcox had caught and passed me so I settled in for third as the gap back to 4th was enough.
    With about 2 laps to go the formal guy pitted again (must of needed fuel) and up into second I went and managed to stay there with a 7 second gap back to 3rd.
    Well done to killer on the win and peach for 3rd.
  11. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    ...indeed... this was a bit of a pin... and the smoke that was generated was creating QUITE a fog :) ... and then I got chucked out of the race :(.....
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have the lap times for the DSC guys.
  13. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    I was pretty happy with my first race. I did get caught out as I thought we were running Qualy b4 the race. I only got one hot lap in practice and Qual 12. I could not see @Crimj1985 but was obviously running v close to him as the lag issues with @Major Havoc were shocking to say the least. I lost numerous chances to get past Web as he kept being thrown off/distracted like myself by Majors car leaping on and off the track obscured by the biggest smoke screen I have ever seen. Good racing @webnomad - till U got dumped out. Can we sort out what is going on with Qualifying???? Major - can U do something about your connection - it is v distracting??? Good clean racing guys WD.
    Ad2mny and webnomad like this.
  14. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    I will try and get them after work for you emmo
    emmo46 likes this.
  15. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    I'm not sure what u mean by sorting out qualifying @Cyberstig1 . mmm_homebrew reset the room for a 14 minute qualy session and race started automatically at 8.30, This was mentioned in the voice chat and also in the chat box. As per the OP, qualy usually starts around 8:10 or when the room captain(s) decide.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who got pole?
  17. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    I did @Hatfield. Cant remember the exact time 1:58 something
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    CopperJ(Peter Wise) claimed it in his post above.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    LOL, an earlier post than the one directly above.
  20. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    It sounds like majorHavoc was living up to his PSN name LOL
    Cyberstig1, Kart-No-1 and webnomad like this.