Division 6 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    @Hatfield @emmo46 , webnomad dsc'd L15 with a fastest lap of 2:04.173 and chrystalmit dsc'd lap 23 with a fastest lap of 2:00.894
    emmo46 likes this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Peter.
  3. Major Havoc

Major Havoc New Recruit

PSN ID
    PZC-MajorHavoc
    We don't have NBN in NZ... Still on ADSL, we don't have fibre or VDSL out where we live, will turn off other PC's / Devices for next event, to see if it helps.
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    well for me that race sucked my steering wheel stopped working 3 time so I jumped on the good old trusty controller to try just to finish the race but not all bad I did PBs on both the softs and the hards .bring on next week
    Peter Wise and Ad2mny like this.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    If you are on a basic connection, it is highly recommended that you try to be the only person using the Internet during your Sunday night races. Other people using sookbook or YouTube or even just checking there mail/background app refreshes can drain your signal to a trickle which from your end will look fine but everyone else will see you doing the Macarena with a little bit of Busstop mixed in. Also if you are not already, using a cable connection to your router can make a marked improvement. A $50 router could be the answer to your connection too.

As long as you are at least NAT2 and no one else is using your net, it should be fine. If you are still having issues, or are not on NAT2, there are plenty of threads on here regarding port forwarding and DMZ's and all that techno garble. We want the best racing experience for you and your rivals, and there is plenty of people on here more than happy to point you in the right direction.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  8. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Cheers Pete, I don't mean to be anal/pedantic - (na, actually I do good anal/pedantic). @stucar17 posted "PIT LANE WILL BE CLOSED DURING QUAL" I was expecting a Qualifying session which I believe is happening in other divs. What we did was Practice/Race, which I understand is standard room setting. However, if it is not set up as Prac/Qual/Race the pit lane can not be closed. This allows drivers to set a fast time in practice on whatever tyres they like - they can then change tyres b4 the race. Having a dedicated Qual session allows you to go out on track an set a qual time without any influence from other cars on track. Sorry but I did not realise that the 14 min Practice was in fact Qualy - I only twigged in time to get one hot lap in. I am suggesting that a seperate Qualy session be adopted to address the above. Hopefully @mmm_homebrew and @stucar17 can shed some further light on this.
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    On the side of the HUD it is clear when somebody is in the pits or not so if someone where to enter the pits during qualifying * Practise session mode * then it's obvious who the offender is and then penalties can be applied as such. As for why we use practise, my understanding is that it's so if someone where to Disco during the session, they still have a chance to get back in where as if we did it in an actual qualifying session, they cannot race if they were to disconnect. That's just my guess.
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    You are correct @Beau_Albert . We do practice / race so anyone who disconnects during the qualy period can get back in. @Cyberstig1 that is why the room gets reset after a bit of practice so it wipes all the data and we start fresh so we can qualify. That is the way it has been done in my 5 seasons with Rooz and I cant see it changing.
    Also I dont believe that the pits are actually closed when the room is set to qualyifing and as Beau said you can tell on screen if someone pits while everyone is setting their lap times.
    SuiCid3 and Beau_Albert like this.
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    As the others have said, we run it as Prac/Race so that anyone that disconnects during the session at least has a chance to rejoin before race starts without having to restart the Qual session.
    Prac/Qual/Race can only work if the room was super stable, and being PD, we can't rely on that.
    With Prac/Race settings, the room settings are 'reset' so that all timed runs are cleared.
    Also, I don't think the pitlane can actually be closed with either setting (unless they've updated recently)
    Footlong_warrior and Peter Wise like this.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    HI guys,

@Cyberstig1, what the guys have said above is correct. I must apologize for the confusion, i assumed that the hosts knew for the most part what the room set up was, and also with the guys that have been long timers would help them out with it....

We do run "prac then race" only, as the guys said above, this means if someone disconnects they can rejoin and race still, albeit with a shorter qual session for them once they rejoin the lobby.

When the room is "reset for qual" we use the timer at the top right for the 10 minute time as the guide. once finished the room captain is ready to start the race. Any drivers entering the pits during the 10 minute qual session will have "pit" show up on the driver list on the right so everyone will know they have breached the regs.

With the "Prac, qual and race" option there is also more chance of the game glitching so we try to use as few of those options as we can to try to stop those glitches affecting different drivers....

I should also add that using the "Tire change" option in the regs causes the glitch where people get stuck in the pits....we can monitor the number of pit stops through the replay option in the live timing. The only thing we can get stuck on is that there is a known glitch where the tire isnch changed in the replay info, IE, someone comes into the pits on the RH tire, changes to the RS, the replay will still show them on their first tire, the RH. We can check by ;looking at comparable lap times, which is easy given the time difference between the 2.

Hope that all makes sense !
    Stu
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    webnomad, Peter Wise and SuiCid3 like this.
  13. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    all good cyber
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys...couple of things....

1. I have adjusted the race distance back to 31 laps. 34 was a little long and having it at 31 means its close to 50 mins.

2. After doing a few prac races last night, this will be a bloody tough round, and the walls dont give much room if anybody ballses something up.....The kink in the front straight is tough (almost impossible actually) to get past through side by side so i am going to adopt a policy of "the car in front has the line" through there (like the chase at Bathurst). This will be a defining factor if i need to look at any protests at that part of the track. There is a much greater chance here of rear ending the car in front given brake markers are hidden due to the nature of the street circuit.....please drive with that in mind and watch for the concertina effect at turn 1 on the opening lap, dive bombing will end in tears....likewise if you bounce off a wall be careful rejoining and watch how much you defend against a closing car.

Cheers Stu
    Kart-No-1 and Peter Wise like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP updated with points table
    [​IMG]
  17. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Why is it Viperized!! Hahaha its just Viperzed as in Dodge Viper and letter Z
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sorry about that. I have fixed it and you will see the change after the next rounds sheets are uploaded
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Viperized sounds cooler
  20. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Its easier to say as well