AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S13-14

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Dec 12, 2017.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Maybe you need a cool suit like the v8 drivers use. :D

[​IMG]

Was kind of funny as I made my biggest error of the week in my qualy lap. I was going for the merc at the start but seeing it was so popular I chose to change car and give someone else a chance in the merc while helping mix the grid up a little. I rejoined server with I think over 15 minutes figuring there was time for an outlap and 2 flying laps, but I didnt count in the fact I would read the text of who's joining miss my brake marker into Bergwerk one of the most critical corners of the entire track. Came in way too hot and had no hope of keeping it off the wall, spun and damaged the car, had then hoped to get a second lap in even with the damage but losing about 20 seconds in that crash I ran out of time to make a 2nd flying lap.

In the end it was probably not a bad thing as I got to have 2 races from back in the pack a little, maybe in this position it was lucky I went the Beamer as it was the fastest in a straight line plus the draft it was more likely to make some passes. Still at this track most passes that aren't on dottinger hohe are sketchy AF. I tried to just stay clean and patient making moves where I could get a clear run or if the guy ahead made an error. The field was pretty strong and clean, I had to run 2 error free races to have any hope of making up the places which unlike qualy I somehow managed.

Race 1 I saw the leaders getting away early to a gap I didnt think I would have much chance of making back up, in the end I got to nearly 1 second of Godzilla on the last lap.

Race 2 I got swamped off the line but somehow managed to make it through the field having a 1 on 1 battle last lap with @Cherno. With the straight line advantage of the beamer I wasn't trying to force a move knowing if I was in strike distance onto the final straight it would be a relatively easy pass but luckily for me Cherno ran wide in the last sector giving me a nice gap to squeeze the car in before this. I thought this maybe would work against me giving him the chance to draft me on the final straight but I managed to pull a bit of a gap with @KoAStR keeping him busy to the line.

For me with the new Accuforce wheel I set some cars to have lighter steering as in power steering which would still be stronger considerably stronger then my g27 could manage. In these cars I went fairly strong as if they had no power steering and the cool thing is its still a fair way off max fore so nowhere near clipping, this is quite a workout and I did manage to injure my thumb in a race last week when someone hit me and the wheel came around quick the opposite way smacking my thumb even bruising it up a little. If I lose it I need to make sure to clear the thumbs from inside the wheel to avoid an injury lol.

Direct drive wheels are in another league and even when reducing force to simulate power steering a big whack can rip the wheel out of your hands. With the g27 I had the issue of ripping the wheel off the rim but now I think the wheel is built tougher then me so I am more likely to break then it. :D
    jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Other then power steering or no power steering I also try to represent the G force acting on your arms through fast and high downforce corners. Good one is turn 12 at spa in an Modern F1 car. While it has power steering there’s a lot of G force loading there and I want the wheel to represent it by having a strong resistance force
  3. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Thanks all for a fun 2 races. I had a good fun 1st race, however the 2nd race I kept losing concentration, missed a few gears and ended up sliding onto the grass and into the barriers.
    I just wish there was a nice breeze last night as that usually cools me down as I drive, however it was still and hot.
    It was a workout and I made sure I drank a couple of glasses of water before bed, however woke up with a massive headache.
    I have no idea how you guys can get around there so quickly, I'll just have to keep practicing.
    Now onto next weeks race. What are we doing? I need to start the practice. :)
    Cherno likes this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Was thinking of doing the BMW M235, but XGN is doing that car so I'll have a think about it today and hopefully pop something up tonight
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good stuff was fun even with little preparation. I went the Merc because I already had a tune for it from way back. I scraped the wall once race 1 which was going well until then :( but race 2 made less mistakes, well less catastrophic ones anyway, and surprised to put in a server PB final lap with tyres in shreds and server grip still relatively low 98.5%.. but it was too little too late.

First time using ptracker so I could grab Marty's tunes in case the Merc wasn't available.. but on the server results it doesn't seem to show all the metrics you other guys with ptracker have (assist settings, fuel load, input method etc).

After getting the tunes I hid ptracker app from my HUD (in the RHS in-game menu). Do I actually have to have the window running on the HUD for it to be active or is there a setting somewhere to enable tracking?
    Cherno likes this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With ptracker there is the small app which in config settings you can minimize even more with very limited data, I keep this up with timing info, live gaps, others laps, pb delta and its also good for remaining fuel. Once you open the big window you can close it with the icon top left I think and then it minimzes back. I dont know if you need the small app to be up to show full ptracker data in stracker results. In race 2 I actually hid all apps as for some reason was getting some fps issues and hiding all apps fixed this. This still shows all my data from the race so it seems you only need ptracker enabled in control python apps and even if not on screen it shows the extra data.
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Strange, I did have it enabled during the races in control python apps just not shown on screen as you did. Will have a nosy at config settings and see if there's anything else I need to tick.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Maybe mine worked as I started with it on screen but just used ctrl h to hide the app. Maybe if you enable the app in one of the other layouts. In AC not sure if you know you can configure 4 different osd setups using the little 1 2 3 4 icon bottom of the right app bar in car.

Maybe if its enabled on another window it can work, also if you look inside the config options in game you can make it much less obtrusive. You can disable all sounds and most data with minimal lines visible if having it in another osd config doesnt work.
  9. Mael

Mael Professional

Enjoyed driving the Green Monster again. Chose the Alfa since it was reported to be the fastest although I'm not so sure. With all the wing off people were still just driving around me o_O

Race 1 was solid, mostly running on my own trying to keep it on the black stuff, did a couple of passes where people greeted the walls. Was very glad to finish ahead of Cherno, could see him gain time at every corner. Went as hard as I could on the last lap, only relaxing on the last few corners to finish a second in front of him :D and a PB of 7:33. Slow I know but still very happy with it.

Disconnected before race 2 to adjust some setting, struggled with VERY SLOW REFRESH RATES in race one, sadly could not rejoin for race 2.
    Cherno and Bogor like this.
  10. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    Should be the Green rapist:) :) Unforced errors seem to be king on this track, Enjoyed every second of the racing last night, amazes me how many of you guys get through the race without mistakes!
    Hats off!
  11. Rolz

Hi All, new server is up for Monday... Lotus Evora GX at Silverstone GP
    I haven't worked out lap numbers, but will do 2x races with second one again reverse grid.
    I've setup for MR-AB, but will be MR-A only again on race night
    Car has no TC or ABS, should prove to have close racing... hope u like it :)
    Server Name: Marty's RaceOnOZ (MR-AB) Fun Run Series
    krunch, KoAStR and marty like this.
  12. Rolz

Hi All, just a heads up... the circled area is a relatively fast set of corners... if you cut it MR will ping you, or at least warn you first then ping you... Same goes for exiting pits, make sure you exit pits properly.
    Bogor got done a few times and I got a warning when I lost it through this area...
    A lower MR rating won't stop you racing Monday, but can impact you in the future joining other MR rated servers :)

[​IMG]
    jlynn777 likes this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yeah, I kept legging pinged for cutting pit exit yesterday, really easy to do
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its fairly easy to exit without crossing the lines too ;) its a good habit to get into staying inside lines as its better for others still on track that way.
    Bogor likes this.
  15. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

The corners to the left of your red circle will also cause you to lose MR points if you cut across them.
    I think it would be fairly easy to regain your rating as long as you race clean and close on MR servers.
    Rolz likes this.
  16. Rolz

Hi all, I've upped fuel and tire burn to 155% to simulate about 10-12lap race for Monday... (theoretically)
    Will update first post tomorrow with official race info but give you opportunity to test setups for that config. :)
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We can run 2 servers one sprint and one with longer Qualy and actual race distance. If you want to set server 2 up then it should give people a chance to try longer runs if they want to.
    Bogor likes this.
  18. Rolz

I’d be happy with that option! :)
    marty likes this.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ive just changed up the server and made these 2 options. Im not sure what Rolz plans are for Monday exactly so he may change these up tomorrow.

All as it was except fuel and tyres back to 100% assuming that was the original plan, but @Rolz can do what he wants with it.

Marty's RaceOnOZ (MR-AB) Fun Run Series FULL DIST
    45 minutes qualy and 12 lap races

Marty's RaceOnOZ (MR-AB) Fun Run Series SPRINT
    Same as earlier server 10 min qualy 5 lap races

Ive got an early flight in the Morning so wont be back on til Monday.
    Rolz and Bogor like this.
  20. Rolz

Updated first post on race details 2x 12lap race
    The plan will be to have the rooms open from 8.30pm AEDT and to start qualifying at 9pm. There will be 10-15 minutes of qualifying depending on the length of the track, and then into the race.
    Cya Monday :)