Project Car/ Shift 3 Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by seth123, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah i will have to start doing that i think, my first season of ROOZ was fun and all, but im gonna take it a bit more seriously this year. i had the pace in div4 no worries, just mistakes at the pointy end cost me nearly every race, the only race i didnt screw up was the last round, but then my pit crew cost me time.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    beakeroo and autech91 like this.
  2. autech91

autech91 Professional

Yes can make a huge difference to play with anti roll bars as the tyres wear. I think you should only do it if the car becomes un-driveable though rather than to chase tenths. I only did it for one race this season and once in the HTO, so that should give you an indication of how often it truly needed to be done, better off knowing how the car will feel lap in lap out and driving around it as opposed to changing it on the fly and adapting to too much change.
    Spidey_11 and Zachery like this.
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Yeah I was the same in my first season, I was as fast as most of the field but I would bottle it or get too excited and spin off when I got to the front of the field. Actually nothing has changed :p
    Zachery likes this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah i would only need to do it for the last few laps, when the tail is all over the place, but the difference between spinning 3 times in the last 5 laps will be huge lol.

Haha beak, i think as div 3 Champ you're doing something right mate.
    beakeroo likes this.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    This is where experience kicks in, you can feel when the car is beginning to kick out and compensate for it early enough rather than try to catch it after it happens.
    Zachery likes this.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah exactly right mate, makes sense to me. just ordered a numeric keypad. should be here next week, then i just need to mount that and my spare tablet for crew chief and i might be able to improve in some areas.
    zuluwoffle likes this.