Project Car/ Shift 3 Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by seth123, Jan 26, 2016.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    That would explain why I suddenly picked up some massive pace after lap 20 last night.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Personally i prefer to keep my set up's between myself and the team, but last nights race was so much fun with this tune that seeing as there's no more wet races on the calendar, i won't mind giving it up since it was a bucket of fun the whole way through and would be cool to see if others like it too :)

[​IMG]
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Muhahahahhaha now you've done it Beau. I shall reveal your secrets to the world by feeding this information into my super computer and figuring out your next dry track tune!

[​IMG]
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    *Deletes all evidence of the tune being posted on the internet with my most trusty hacking device*
    [​IMG]
    Spidey_11 and beakeroo like this.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Won't work, it's already been copy pasta'ed everywhere!

[​IMG]
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  7. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    My pressures were 1.59 fronts, 1.49 rear, temps were around 90 all around. We're my pressures too low which may have contributed to my massive FL tyre wear?
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    All depends on the rest of the setup and you. I had 134 all around and had excellent wear.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Too high. Higher the tyre pressures -> Higher the rate of wear. IMO wear is fairly independent of temperature but the further you go away from 90-100 degrees the less grip you have.
  10. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Here I was pussy footin the car in the race being super scared of wheel spin and you go and show me that! Bloody good driving and if you did that for 30 laps you can have it cuz I would be goooooooooonne every lap haha
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    "Sigh". Anyone have an idea for Sonoma ?

Had a setup early that gave me a low 37, tried another and now can't get below 38s !

Tough track, will be on tonight to swap some ideas if I can stay in long enough, NBN is a winner !
    Spidey_11, seth123 and beakeroo like this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I've not had too much luck. Best I've found has been quite close to stock. Have you tried going back to stock and working from there yet?
    I've only given it an hour or two so far and half of that the pedals were playing up, best laps have been 38's mid fuel.
  13. autech91

autech91 Professional

Can you remember what times I was doing the other day mate? Can't recall and haven't been back on since... So you didn't like my set up? :cry::cry::cry:
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yep, did that last night after I got DSC from BMW race. Fiddled with a few things, after resetting it and just can't get any lap time from it.

It's either an understeery pig or like trying to drive a bowl of jelly over endless speed bumps !
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi mate, in the end I should have stayed with it, it felt really different to anything I was used too, but gave me a better lap time than I'm getting now. I think you were in the 36s from memory and I ran a 37 (high) but was chewing my tires faster than I wanted. Will try it again tonight if I can catch up with you. Need something !
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    From stock I lowered the springs, dropped the bump stops to 5mm and weight ratio 51 (back) and wing to 2. Oh and tyres down to 35's front and 30 rear. Give that a shot and see what you reckon. It's not perfect yet but I found it really easy to get around the track without any incidents at a decent pace.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will try it tonight and see how it goes. Cheers.
    beakeroo likes this.
  18. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Sonoma is difficult cos its very bumpy but requires some med-high speed direction changes particularly in sectors 1 and 3.

Try a fairly soft spring rate to cope with the bumps and then add med to high roll resistance (sway bars) and soften the front slow bump and/or rear soft rebound to speed up the weight transfer that will allow you to make the high speed direction changes.

Fine tune the tyres and front/rear balance to your liking and that should be a good place to start
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    George, beakeroo and stucar17 like this.
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    The division is taking up all of my track time this week :( plus :) for the division lol
    beakeroo likes this.
  20. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hey guys, not as lost for a setup at Sonoma like i was for Dubai, but nevertheless, if someone has a complete setup it would be much appreciated. I did some running yesterday and found the car handled the direction changes well, but there were a couple of corners where i struggled to get the car going. Turn 1 i seem to struggle with, i seem to come in with to much speed, but then if i slow down to much for t1, i compromise my run into t2. Secondly i seem to struggle with is the long left handed downhill sweeper. As i come over the bump, my car seems to get really light, and then i cant seem to slow the car down enough without under steering really bad. Any suggestions for these 2 corners? or an overall setup for the track?