Season 11 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Thanks @Crunch. I'm stoked to be on track with you guys tbh.. but just not comfortable with that pace. I was about 0.8 off on average and wasn't helped by starting on pole nearly every race lol. Would love to come back up to Div1 in the future.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Man, I.ve been off the pace of every Div I've been in by at least that. The advantage in the lower divisions though is that the pace setters aren't as consistent as the top guys in Div 1 so I can sometimes make up the difference with consistency and more moderate tyre wear.
    Jaycie likes this.
  3. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Update for anyone's interest:

So I did a speedtest last night after the races and I did another today, and my download speed was 1Mbps, with upload at 0.1Mbps. It's actually insane that I managed to attend some races last night at all... Simply incredible that I didn't drop out and lose connection. Ping was consistent with my own experiences previously however (extremely low - 9ms to a local server).

My dad called Bigpond tonight with me telling him stuff over his shoulder and the good people over in New Delhi reset our connection remotely and we're back with our 60Mbps, so full steam ahead for the season. Issues resolved! =)
    Hatfield likes this.
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    A testament to my awesome hosting superpowers. :laugh::thumbsup:

More seriously, I think being fixed host means less network demands for everyone else in the room.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    Crunch likes this.
  5. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

What was the Bathurst lap pace like Sunday night?
    Sorry I couldn't make it to the meet & greet, was watching the actual Bathurst race at a mate's.
  6. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF

Between 2:00 and 2:02.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    some sub 2's when the sandbags get left in the pits?
  8. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Last I checked there were plenty in your car...or were they beer bottles? :p
  9. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Kinda what I expected, I'm into the two-two's at least, should find someone to dice with.
  10. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    I may need to make a late resignation, I have exams coming and therefore I will be focusing on those. I am happy to race in the last 3 rounds (Exams will be over)? But yeah, I'm out for most of the season. Good luck all <3
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    We have been able to secure PAGNIAN as the site major sponsor for a few years, and as such PAGNIAN have agreed to provide a V2 COCKPIT and wheel stand for the upcoming season. This will again be a cross platform prize draw at seasons end between Gt6, Assetto Corsa and PCARS.
    [​IMG]
    THERE ARE A COUPLE OF REGULATIONS HOWEVER.
    1. You MUST COMPLETE at least 4 of the seven rounds of your championship. (connection issues will be looked at closely)
    2. A "rage quit" will see that race excluded from your 4 "raced" events.
    3. Maintain the forum rules while posting. Any members banned for any reason will be excluded from the competition
    4. Maintain the Raceonoz drivers code. Drivers with 3 or more race penalties will be excluded from the competition.
    5. The prize cannot be shipped outside of Australia.

Again thanks to Hess and his team for more great support for our community, support them where you can guys

Stu
    holdenman05 and warrior2167 like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING ROUND 1
    Mount Panorama
    [​IMG]

Well, here we go again, another season of GT6 !

Welcome to the new guys who have joined or returned this season, i will be doing a driver briefing for each round so everyone's clear on what is required with rules, regs and track issues.....

TRACK LIMITS :
    The only place track limits can really be exploited is across the top at the esses as there is a significant tarmac area on the left of turn 13
    As always, the Raceonoz rules state that drivers 'MUST HAVE 2 WHEELS ON THE RIPPLE STRIP OR WHITE LINE AT ALL TIMES. ANY DRIVER CAUGHT DELIBERATELY CUTTING CORNERS TO GAIN ADVANTAGE WILL BE PENALISED.

ROOM REGS
    PLEASE TRY TO BE ON TIME !
    If you cant make it on time please let the room host / captain / someone know so they can keep everyone in the loop.

DRIVING STANDARDS
    1. CONTACT : We are all here for clean racing, however sometimes things go pear shaped. BOTTOM LINE, if you make contact with another driver and gain an UNFAIR advantage then you will be expected to REDRESS and let the driver back through. If you don't redress illegal contact (pushing someone off track for EG) then you may be penalized post race.
    2. TRACK LIMITS : as said above, 2 wheels on ripplestrips or white line. Any drivers intentionally cutting to make advantage will be penalized.
    3. BLUE FLAGS : If you are being lapped by another competitor it is racing etiquette to move out of the way and let the leaders past. Failure to do so could result in a post race penalty.
    4. PROTESTS : If you feel you have something to protest, PLEASE SAVE YOUR REPLAY AND SEND A PM TO THE ROOM CAPTAIN AND A MOD. DO NOT blow up in the room or on the forum. What you see on your end may be different to the other driver
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/
    5. RAGE QUITTING : If you are found to 'RAGE QUIT" then you will not be allocated any points for that round and you cannot use this round as your "drop round". If you feel you can't continue then park up in the pits or on a part of the track so as not to interfere with the other drivers. This helps with room stability

All ROOZ rules and regs can be found here
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

This post is mainly a shameless copy/paste from @stucar17 so thanks for that ;):p
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I wasn't looking forward to this race at all as Bathurst is one of my bogey tracks, but after a run tonight I can't wait for Sunday! This car is so freakin awesome, my nagging finally paid off it seems!
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Boredom levels are through the roof

15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Dear oh dear oh dear, that was some display.
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    So did you guys allow tuning and not tell me? Holy cow, I don't think I've been this uncompetitive since GT4.
    Guys braking 10-20m later than me, turning faster and accelerating earlier, felt like I was on another planet today.
    Crunch likes this.
  17. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Really struggled tonight had issues with my wheel in Qualifying and ended up last something i'd never done before than proceeded to wait well over an hour for the servers to play nice. Made some spots off the line but off the exit of forrest's elbow i hit the tyre wall whatever it's called and caused a huge pileup and was on the back foot for the rest of the race managed a 59.9 on worn tyres not a bloody clue how @warrior2167 did a 58.8 i felt like i was a GT car at Le Man just being well off the pace of everybody. Ended up 8th could have caught @holdenman05 and @Crunch but spun with a few laps left and made myself vulnerable to @bmx_mtb_boy and @apex2691 they ended up clashing and i cruised to the finished.
    Kinda disappointed i didn't get to battle @MINT_GTR wanted to see how i'd compare to a real racing car driver but they're's always next time.
    Anyway enjoyed the race Sundays are now very busy for me so you likely won't see much of me but i wish you all the best of luck for the season.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  18. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Had an inconsistent run and got caught up in a few incidents to finish 10th. Only plus side was beating my qualifying time by over a second. Overall one hell of an introduction to Div 1. Gonna be interesting to see all the fastest laps.
    warrior2167 and SPL Racing like this.
  19. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I'm very sorry to everyone in the room tonight, my network decided to go kaput at a really bad time. It's the first time it's happened in a league race. I really hope it was a one-off failure.
    StigsTC likes this.
  20. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    ***********MISSING**********
    Any resemblance of speed, pace, consistency or skill.
    If found, please return to StigsTC.
    You can contact him at 555 - R I P S T I G S
    That's 555 - 7477 - 8447