Season 11 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF

Rankings for the first table are off.
    Crunch likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so they are... I will fix for next round
    Crunch and REVO_Bryan like this.
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVERS BRIEFING R3

[​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines. Obviously it is easy to make a mistake and run wide over the track limits. General rule is you shouldn't gain an advantage from it. If you are found to go over the limits too often while gaining an advantage, you may be penalised post race. The main places to be careful in, are outside of Copse, Becketts & Brooklands, & both sides of Woodcote.
    CONTACT : if you push someone offline to your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Use your heads and give room where needed......
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning to the track. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You shouldn't need to pit as this is the sprint round, but if you do, try to stay right when you exit the pits
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    REVERSE GRID : For the second race with the reverse grid, remember to be patient with your overtakes. we will be looking at strict penalties for faster guys coming through who do the wrong thing being illegally aggressive
    MICS : To attempt to help room stability, mics should be off.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or Emmo46.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits or off track and let the race run down without leaving.
  5. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Hi all, possible to push back qualifying and the race for Sunday back just 30 mins or so? Might not make it home in time from work for an 8:20pm start.
    Understand if not and obviously entire grid will need to agree.
  6. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Fine with me.
    AUSnicko9 likes this.
  7. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    fine with me, but it does push stuff back quite far for the kiwis in the room, but good things come to those who wait
    AUSnicko9 likes this.
  8. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I don't mind, but I'd like to get qualifying underway at 8:50 sharp for a 9:00 start.
    AUSnicko9 likes this.
  9. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Yeah no dramas, I should definitely be back in time for 8:50 quali start.
    bmx_mtb_boy likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Sorry guys, but I couldn't do it anymore, my steering, brake and throttle inputs were out by half a second and it was like DUI, it's been a re-occuring problem with GT6 and this wheel and has shown no signs of subsiding, tonight was the worst it's ever been.

Honestly I'm unsure if I'll be back next week. Will decide later.
  11. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Pole: Nicko (50.748)
    [​IMG]
    12th N64TheStig007 (Mechanical Lap 4) 52.504
    (25-20-16-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (12.5 - 10 - 8 - 6.5 - 5.5 - 5 - 4.5 - 4 - 3.5 - 3 - 2.5 - 2 - 1.5 - 1 - 0.5)
    [​IMG]
    Overall
    1st (32.5) aussie_nicko
    2nd (31.5) warrior2167
    3rd (21) Bryan
    4th (19) Crunch
    5th (16.5) Bob
    6th (16) holdenman
    7th (14) WTF
    8th (13.5) StigsTC
    9th (12) natman
    10th (9.5) Party
    11th (9) BMX
    12Th (4) N64
  12. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    N.B. The results are provisional (protests possibly pending).
  13. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    First sprint round where my overall position wasn't worse than both the finishes that made it! Only taken four seasons lol.
    Must say I'm much more excited for a nice wet Motegi, however if like the SLS season it goes mostly dry I will be devastated.

Edit - Thanks to Warrior for indulging me with the camber/toe test after the race.
    warrior2167 and AUSnicko9 like this.
  14. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Always love when the sprint round comes along, and this season was no different! Had an absolute cracker with Dave in race 1, after securing pole I knew defending the first half of the lap would be difficult. Sure enough he got by and what followed for the next 24 laps was absolutely awesome, especially doing half of the last lap side-by-side. @warrior2167 mate I was sweating hard after that.

Race 2 starting from rear is always hard with varying speeds mixing up the field. Majority of the race was exceptionally clean and really tight racing with only one moment where I made a move up the middle of Bob and Natman and got squeezed in the middle - don't think Natman saw me - unfortunately got a tap into Bob and saw him off on the grass.. Apologies @B-Spec Bob just had nowhere to go mate..

Overall another fantastic round and (results pending) well done to Dave and Bryan on podium. :thumbsup:
  15. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done with the overall round result Nick. I think that's the first time someones come from behind to win the round, in the sprint format. Like you said that first race was outstanding, and that was only half a normal one.

Race 2 from what I saw was fairly clean, considering at times there were 6 cars in 3 car lengths of track space. A couple mistakes on my side ended up being very costly. First was picking the wrong side to go around party's stranded car. Then to have a half spin, just as soon as I caught back up to the tail end of the field. Towards the end, I knew I had to get 3rd, it was good battle with StigsTC and Cruch. Stigs I think was losing power on the straights. The final lap came down to myself and crunch, we went side by side for the last to corners. Well done for holding me off.

This is the your car Jono. What wheel are you using?
    B-Spec Bob and AUSnicko9 like this.
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Qualifying: 6th

It was a 51.2xx and that's appalling. I somehow need to get better at qualifying because I did 50.850 in the race, and should have gotten at least a 51.1xx. But, I was aware that the race was going to be close, so it was alright.

Race: 5th and 3rd

I forget the majority of Race1 actually. I think I got up to 4th at the start but then the pace was properly established and I couldn't have held on anyway. 5th was sorta alright.

Race2 was killer though! Such an interesting race with (I'm sure) a lot of talking points to it. @X-WTF_MAN-X was annoyed with me from something I did, but I can't possibly work out what it was. All passes at this track seem to be well-earned, so it took a very long time to get up to @StigsTC who made it terribly difficult for me especially, spending close to 10 laps trying to get past. @warrior2167 and I finally got past with a lap to go, and I thought I could hold on without a mess until Warrior stuck it up the inside, and I had to jam it into the last corner - overlap be damned - and managed to draw alongside on exit, but I slid out pushing Warrior onto the sandtrap by a smidgen, and thereby getting the place back right at the end. So I'll put my hand up and say that someone should look at that, because it won't mean much to my round if I lost the place, but could be fatal for Warrior. He's a gentleman so he deserves to have it looked at. I think it's just unfortunate though as I certainly didn't mean it. I do hope his championship doesn't come down to something like that...

So in conclusion, if you're keen for a 'chill sesh', watching my car's view from lap 16 onwards to the end (only 10 minutes or so!), you can't go wrong. I recommend it just for some relaxing viewing.

See you all next week!
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    T500 with F1 rim

I had a similar issue for the Brands Hatch, SSR5, Motegi and ROC rounds of the SLS, and a couple of street events back but last night was horrific, having to countersteer to counter your countersteer isn't my idea of fun.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sounds like need for speed (2015)
  19. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    You may have almost cut him off while following natman out of T1 on lap 1 in race 2 (same place where the natman-nicko contact bumped me off track a few laps later).
  20. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Have you tried updating the firmware?