Season 11 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    ***WANTED*** StigsTC's speed, pace, consistency & skill as featured in Season10.

Will pay top-dollar for this collectors item, no questions asked on how you got obtained it.

EDIT- In all seriousness, why was the pace so high?

EDIT2- forgot to say that the race was through the roof fun with a spectacular grid.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    Hatfield, AUSnicko9 and StigsTC like this.
  2. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Nice race to start off the season, Dave simply outclassed us all tonight I think, I ran a 59.3 in quali and thought that might have a chance, then Dave proceeds to run a 59.0 followed by a lower 59.0, then lower it again to 58.8 in the race - spectacular pace mate was unreal.

Lights went out and Bob took advantage of the inside row 2 start to grab me at turn 1, then took Warrior at turn 2, I dropped back a little, and then began to claw back some time on Bob when Dave got by into the lead again. Passed Bob into the chase at about half race distance and then proceeded to watch the gap to Dave increase from about 4s to 11s by the end haha.

Seemed to lose all my time to you @warrior2167 in sector two, however being such a large sector full of complex corners I couldn't figure out where I was going wrong. Overall great race well done to Dave and Bob on finishing podium. :thumbsup:

See you all next week!
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have some results and lap times?
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Warrior had pole and FL but that's all I know
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    so what else is new.
    Crunch and AUSnicko9 like this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The sky is blue
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    really, when f=did that happen. It is actually grey here.
  8. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Water is wet.
  9. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yeah I think that was just the track. In my qualifying session, the track time skipped from 7 to 10am
    Pole: warrior2167 (1:59.010)
    [​IMG]
    13th N64thestig: Lap 7 (2:00.819)
    14th Mint_GTR: Lap 7 (1:59.839)
    15th WTF: Lap 5 (2:02.290)
    [​IMG]
    bmx_mtb_boy, B-Spec Bob and emmo46 like this.
  10. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Fingers crossed I get a handle on this thing on the smoother circuits, got under 2:01 last week but just couldn't find the groove last night, pretty well fried after a big weekend at WTAC.

A little bit over treating kerbs & bumps like landmines but that's part of the challenge I guess!
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @apex2691 has withdrawn from this season due to unforeseen moments of life coming up meaning he will be unable to participate.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I hope it is nothing too serious. Has he run off with a hungarian sword swallower? Seriously though I hope everything is OK.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    nothing too serious, but enough to interrupt racing Sunday night at least.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Good. I hope we see him again in the future.
  15. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Hope he's back racing soon.

Really quick times there. How on earth did I get the 3rd fastest lap?
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You must have driven very quickly, faster than everybody but Warrior and Bob. ;)
    SPL Racing, holdenman05 and Hatfield like this.
  17. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    im a little suprised to get 7th last night, but also not happy with my consistency last night. Hopfully my internet held up for most people last night as it was the first real test for the new fibre connection 56 down 22 up, that time change in qually really threw me.
    bmx_mtb_boy likes this.
  18. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Must have. Got to settle down a bit in order to get good results. At least the speed is there.
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING FOR ROUND 2

Deep Forest
    [​IMG]
    TRACK LIMITS : Remember 2 wheels on the ripple strip is the rule. The main area of concern is the pieces of concrete:
    1. on the inside of the left hander before the tight right hander before the first tunnel (left turn before '4' on the map) and
    2. on the left of track through the first tunnel (between '4' and '5' on the map)

RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to run off track, please use your heads when returning to the track. Stay off line until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers. If you spin back onto the track, and traffic is coming, ghosting if possible is a smart way to avoid incidents

PIT ENTRY/EXIT : Due to the way the pit entry works here, it may create incidents in speed difference, so you may cut the entry line... but NOT the exit line.

BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.

MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race.

PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, @Hatfield or @emmo46.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.

RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up off track and ghost, and let the race run down without leaving so it doesnt cause anyone else to drop out or lag.