Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I don't believe that it is your good deeds on L1 that are the problem, in fact it was quite well done HOWEVER, it was clearly stated before qualifying that you were to qualify in your position based on a lap time that is easily achievable. The penalty now rests upon whether you matched that lap time or not?
  2. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Lets look at it this way if you steal something and but decide to give it back should you be punished? Yes. Should you be punished as if you didn't give it back? No. I do think 20 seconds maybe too harsh
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    2 weeks in a row where stupid penaties ruined another near-faultless drive... on L5 final turn i had the corner trajectory perfect, but just as the corners main-load is done, a twitch of oversteer, i catch the slide but in the process get a penalty which makes all the effort i put into the rest of the race basically worthless. Last week i probably would've got less penalties for T-Boning a Renault, this week i should've just spun the car into the inside wall.

Here is my very different tone of Race Edit this week....
    seth123 likes this.
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Only 2 weeks in a row? Psssh get on my level son

EDIT: Btw why did you let me pass you?
    Viperzed likes this.
  5. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    What was the point of fighting you when you could be a kilometer behind me on track and still finish ahead thanks to my Penalty. The win or any chance of a podium was well and truly lost just 5 laps in, why make things worse and risk crashing out too? Same reason i let Motors through with like 8 laps or something to go. No point in making a :):):):) race even worse
    razor4797 and seth123 like this.
  6. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I do believe I was expected to qualify with a time set of 2.41 on US tyres - Thats exactly what I did - to the second. So i'm a little unsure as to why I was "out of position on the start". Please explain
  7. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    It's not like he burgled pole position... to be one position out in the sh1tfight that was that method of re-qualifying (with cars everywhere in the last sector trying to slow down to hit their lap times) is not the end of the world and then he gave up the position during the first sector of the race - Did it influence the race outcome at all? probably not, there was still a long 31 racing laps after that...

Let's all bring a little bit of common sense to the table, and personally I dont see a problem with the behaviour here given the circumstances of last nights qualifying.

Anyway, we should all be blaming Seth here... He was the cause of that qualifying mess :roflmao:
    Viperzed, Motors560 and Zachery like this.
  8. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    That's a good point - we should confirm that the people around Motors and Bounty weren't the cause of them being 'out of position'...
    Zachery and Bounty05 like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @N64TheStig007 when did this procedure for a 'manual grid lineup' get implemented?
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    it happened after the Game had a spaz, and people had already qualified, but the race didnt load. so the idea was that everyone hit a specific target in the new lobby to keep the same positions and tyres.
  11. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Seth's game bugged out when qualifying ended and he couldnt progress to the race start, so it was decided to re-run qualifying in a new lobby and try to implement a method where we would all qualify in the same positions (and on the same tyres)
    Zachery likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if manually lining up doesn't work... then why not use one-shot qualifying
    Everyone crosses the start line at the same time and drives around until the last corner.
    Then @N64TheStig007 can call out/type via the chat one at a time for each driver to cross the finish line.
    Considering you would have all started at the same time, then this would ensure the correct grid
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Tried that. Didnt work.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh well. If the game screws it up, have a one-shot qually and just go for it.

Think of it like an impromptu shootout
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Was just a frustrating start to the night all round i think. Good night for some, bad for others in results. Just the usual really. Move onto Malaysia.
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    @Hatfield This is about as well as i can sum up what happened pre-race last night....
    Ft. Zoomed in Rear Wing Thumbnail
    razor4797 and Bounty05 like this.
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The penalties have been reviewed and will be removed. We've had plenty of grid stuff ups in the past on GT6/Pcars without punishment so I believe it is unfair to whack someone with a 20 second penalty for a slight miscalculation. Not to mention having checked this morning before work bounty did indeed set the time dictated so I apologise for my short sightedness.

I commend you all on getting through that extremely stressful situation with our heads above water. It went a lot better than I expected.

As a result Motors regains 2nd place.
    Motors560, seth123, emmo46 and 3 others like this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who are the missing drivers from the race results?
  19. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Cool. That means I get my full race time back - all 40 seconds of it. LOL
    If the penalty stood that meant that that 50% of my race last night was forfeited.
    Zachery likes this.
  20. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    My Race review

Qualifying: P2 - I set a reasonable banker lap, but knew I could do much better. On my 2nd lap I had a storming final sector to go a 41.3 and grab provisional pole, only to be pipped by Warrior right at the end of the session by a bit over a tenth. Still, a front row start was what I was after to hopefully try and stay out of any first lap carnage.

Race: DNF (Crash) P13 - I had a great start off the line to jump ahead of Warrior, left plenty of room through the first complex of corners in case someone wanted to dive up there and was off in P1. After the first Safty Car, Viper got a run on me up to turn 5 and a combination of brain fade/sun glare/trying to keep an eye on him meant I sailed past my brake marker and down the escape road. There went any chance of a decent result... Once i'd turned around the boat I was a long way behind the pack, into the pits for tyres and a new front wing and I was pushing and pushing trying to catch the back of the pack and hoping for another SC period to bring the pack back together. Unfortunately for me that never happened and pushing too hard in the last stint I snagged the bridge pylon wiping off my right front wheel and it was an early shower for me.

A rookie mistake on my part cost me what should have been a decent result.
    Viperzed, JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.