Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    @Motorsports560 yeah your yield is clear, @Pringles_947 nice nice little mid race battle. :thumbsup:

My race was fairly clean my only challenge ahead was once again for the millionth time following @Beau_Albert who let's me by and I was more than confused until the engineer told me he had a 10 second penalty, probably a fair robbery when you think about what they can get away with in real life, And he only did it once.

Had viper had nailed the 2 stop and been able to workout rejoining behind drivers I dare say I wouldn't have been on the top step, but he gained damage of some sort.

Here's my race review anyhow, everything's better with titanic btw

JonoStan96, Beau_Albert and Hatfield like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh yeah!
    seth123 likes this.
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I thought someone had to like that :roflmao:
    Viperzed likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Verstappen - Spectre
    Ricciardo - Zharvs
    Massa - randm
    Wehrlein - N-Z-D-M-K
    Sainz - Bounty
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Well if anyone was going to get short sightedness... it would be you
    Sam D Blacklock and seth123 like this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm diagnosed by optomitrists as being heavily short sighted so what else can you expect really. :roflmao:
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    woah what a race. So coming into this race it was clear that controller traction around Singapore was overpowered. But it was just stupidly overpowered like woah. I can thank my podium to that to be honest.

Quali:
    Solid lap at 4th left me with my best starting position this season after a stunner by @warrior2167 yet again :thumbsup: Then came the @seth123 storm which ruined a good hours worth of racing lol.

Race:
    A solid start had me maintain position (effectively considering warrior) as I trailed @its-benny-racer and @The_Spectre for a while before SC caused Benny and @N64TheStig007 behind to pit. Restarted second behind Spectre before a lap later.....well I'm not sure how to describe it but Spectre "gave up" the lead. Unlucky there mate. Lead for another lap or two before a stupidly premature pit stop began my poor strategy call.

(CONTEXT ALERT)
    Prior to this race, practice had shown me that while a 1 stop was faster in every way, It couldn't be pulled off effectively on the controller and my tires were absolutely roasted by the end of each stint. The OPness of the controller required quali lap after quali lap to maintian traction therefore the 2 stop was the quicker option for me regardless of track position.

I fought my way back through the pack after the stop with some classy moves around Benny and @Bryan_F who both gave racing room. @Pringles_947 made life a little more difficult and killed the 2 stop idea as I lost crucial second behind him and got a little impatient. Sorry mate! Managed to clear him after a good run through the last turn and had a small touch with Jono a few laps after getting by. Here comes part 2. The stop for softs was well timed ignoring all other factors. They had enough juice at that point to get me to Seth with enough to battle. However a very major and in the end costly error exiting the pitlane cost me track position to Jono and ended my race in the end as I was caught behind him on the inferior Soft compund regardless of my OP traction. I decided to just trail him for a little bit, praying for a safety car but eventually his tires dropped off enough that I could pounce. But the damage had already been done. A safety car still would've saved me and easily put me in contention but there was no way of catching Seth at that point (Plus I then caught that invisible wall that Beau warned us about :p )

Overall, If i'd gone with a 1 stop, the advantage of the controller would've been levelled out as I saved tires (Wear was 2x that of Seth) and I wouldn't have been able to fight with the top pack like I did. The 2 stop meant I could always push and go ham on everyone which payed off with (what should've been) Second place! Well done podium!
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Not exactly the most exciting race for me, I didn't enjoy having to stretch the tyres out of so long whilst trying to push. I put in a terrible lap which included being bauked badly so I was surprised to line up where I did.

The start was fantastic but I couldn't do anything with it as I was on the wrong side. Unfortunately I positioned my car badly for the left hander at turn 5 as turning in meant swiping into @Viperzed, so it was another broken front wing after hitting the back of Benny. Regrettably I didn't pit on lap 1 so when the safety car came out I was jumped by those who didn't need a front wing. I was forced onto the soft tyre if I was to make the planned strategy work.

The restart was good, got past Zharvs in a white knuckle move in the final corner but Bryan held us up massively for a number of laps, which let the lead pack get miles in front. The pace dropped off massively towards the end of my soft stint, I stayed out too long. Indeed, once Viper passed me on his supers, he pulled away by 7.5 seconds in less than 2 laps. Never have I ever seen such pace disparity.

I clipped the wall on my in lap for Supers, after which bizarrely Viper let me past out of turn two and decided to stick behind me despite being much faster. I was dumbfounded. I gave myself a stupid shortcut penalty which was a death knell to my podium chance. Viper passed me at the old Singapore sling and predictably stormed off. However I repassed him after he had a big moment and held position until I hit the Super Mario 64 esque invisible wall and somehow survived. Another missed chance but a bullet dodged I think.

Well done to Seth for the win which really tightens the now three horse race for the title.
    warrior2167, The_Spectre and seth123 like this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I didn't ruin anything, what kinda number #2 drivers talks badly about their #1 :eek:
    Viperzed and Beau_Albert like this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Rosberg/Hamilton rings a bell.
    seth123 likes this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Makes sense since I drive #44
    Viperzed and Zachery like this.
  12. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Overall race went pretty well for me.
    Ended up 8th in qualifying which was ok i couldn't string together a fast lap.
    Start was pretty good was up into 5th by turn 4 however i ended up letting seth through as i stuffed up in the third attempt at qualifying and was 8th by the next corner. Safety car came out and once the ultra soft runners pit i knew they wouldn't be a threat. After the safety car came in Spectre, Viperzed, Seth, Beau and myself all drove away from the rest of the field. I ended up getting bumped by a Ferrari at the hairpin which nearly spun me out apart from that i didn't make any other contact. We all pitted around the same time and had the long run home on the softs. After the stop i was 5th on the road however Jono and Pringles had to stop again. Managed to pass Pringles just before he pitted again and when Jono stopped i was third behind Seth and Beau.
    I started gaining rapidly on Beau by nearly a second a lap, Ended up passing him at turn one with about five laps to go and ended up going "Hammertime" to try and gain on Seth however we kept running similar times and with 2 to go and a 4 second advantage i gave up knowing 2nd place and 18 points were better then a crashed car and no points. I honestly felt sorry for Beau who again got screwed over with a 10 second penalty was looking forward to a great battle.

Overall my luck on street circuits has been pretty insane 2nd at Monaco 1st at Baku and 2nd at Singapore.
    I also have to say after some previously chaotic starts i think the start last night was one of the best i've seen all season looked very clean and tidy from where i was. I also finally figured the race replay out but stupidly forgot to save the footage so that's slightly annoying i should have footage for Malaysia however you may have to tell me how to record the whole race as i pretty sure since it's 100% it'll go for more than an hour.
  13. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Viperzed and Zachery like this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

That was a tough race, especially to stay off the walls but went better than I expected. I had some minor front wing damage from bumping the wall at turn 19, I'm glad I didn't lose a wheel then. I had a pretty lonely race except for when the leaders came through very fast while I was on my worn soft tyres. I knew I wasn't actually racing for position with those guys, but I didn't want to lose any time for my race either. So although I didn't drive defensively, I didn't yield unless I saw they were committed. When I exited the pits from my final stop, with only @X-WTF_MAN-X in front on softs who let me past, I was basically the only car in that sector of the track so I felt no pressure to drive on the limit. But with about 5 laps to go I could see the guys in front we're having a bit of a battle. So I started to use all the grip I could get out of my ultra soft tyres optimistically hoping I could catch them if there was an incident. I'm definitely happy for a 5th, hopefully the next race I'm in I can up my pace a bit and get amongst it!
    warrior2167, JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  17. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Was kinda funny how you turned into me yet your driver throws his hand up in frustration...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    his driver is frustrated at @Viperzed 's driving
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    imagine how my driver feels every week
  20. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I did consider protesting that overtake, given that I was both in front and had the inside line into the chicane yet I felt like I was kinda shoved out of the way.

But by that time my race was pretty stuffed due to the fact that I wasnt willing to pull off moves like that to get passed people after pitting on the safety car.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.