Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm still baffled as to how one can force their way past if they're on the outside and you're on the racing line, all I can see is that you were the victim of a brilliant piece of driving...

Amongst "controller OP", the qualifying balls up, the Toro Rosso's exploding and odd penalties, I never thought a tyre rub would be the biggest controversy after this race...
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I heard in drag racing they even have their own lanes which can't be crossed and contact isn't allowed
    Viperzed, Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I'm not intending for it to be controversy, my understanding was that contact was to be avoided at all costs, and to quote our Racing Rules and Regulations "(x) Drivers must respect whom has the racing line when turning into and coming out of a corner, the driver which has the inside of a corner has the entrance advantage, other drivers must respect the driving line and avoid a collision."

It has been pointed out that my interpretation of the rules was incorrect.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    In your pov, your car literally doesnt move a cm from contact, so it vouldnt have been much.

Im justt looking in with my unbiased eyes (as it doesnt affect me regardless) and i dont see how theres an issue when it literally had no effect on youre car whatsoever. Ive watched your clip bout 10 times and sorry mate, but thats a non issue. He has every right to hold you around the outside to gain the inside on the second part of the chicane.

That was a balls to the wall move, and executed perfectly if you ask me.
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Not by any means, and I agree there was the slightest of contact which I apologise for, just that im disagreeing with the severity of the contact.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You're forgetting the corner immediately afterwards was a left hander, which Viper had the inside line for and was entitled to take as he held the outside line. We may as well just declare the result after qualifying if such moves are not allowed.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Pass to me looks fine, very slight contact is expected sometimes in "racing". As mods, enforcing the league rules we would be expected to look if the car 'BEHIND' (making the pass) uses the car INFRONT as a brake or rail to make the pass at all. in the vids linked below, all are tight but massa gets past (vid 4) with out it all ending up as a bloody mess....am pretty sure he puckered though !

Another 10 vids from 2015,, a couple more examples of very slight contact, but the bottom line is both cars came through unscathed, slight touches, passed on outside, inside and three wide
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'll throw in this glorious bit of footage from last year, fitting being the next race on the calendar. Side by side racing is possible, even in F1.
    Sam D Blacklock, Zachery and stucar17 like this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    love it....the biggest thing for me is that BOTH drivers give room to RACE. Even at 43 sec, ric still stays wide on exit to give room. I think sometimes, in the 25 odd seasons we have put up, drivers havent been prepared to give up a spot without giving race room, or been over aggressive in trying to protect their spot. (not relevant in the above example IMO) Doesnt matter what game, knowing when to lose the battle, but win the war is key to all these discussions.
  12. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

More than anything I just wanted to know where the line is drawn, sometimes advantage can be gained from a move not by negatively impacting the other driver but by gaining a beneficial track position for the following turn.
    That was my primary feeling, that without the contact his car would have turned in later, run wider and not have had the line for the left hander.
    A bit of a grey area, and I accept your judgment in this case.
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    On the subject of overtaking, hands up if you would like to see something like this at the end of the season?
    [​IMG]
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    need more than 3 people posting their race footage then aahah
  15. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I like the idea...hmm
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Keen
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Good idea, no1s gonna trawl through all the race footage so I think its best to have people post up their nominations at the end of the season of either their pass or them being passed. No footage no nomination
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    In the interest of no Verstappen v Verstappen, how about we can only upload one Overtake (for ourselves)?
    JonoStan96 and The_Spectre like this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Good idea. Seeing as ive been deleating replays as i go and i dont overtake many people ive only got one half descent one thus far.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    My only decent overtake was sliding down the inside of two people to gain the lead, but then mustafur turned into me throwing me off the track which I guess takes the shine away. F1 Racing and passing is pretty ordinary
    Because it's just whoever has DRS wins lol, but there's been a few good ones like vipers overtake at Singapore
    With his drugs Mario edit.
    Viperzed and JonoStan96 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.