Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    So basically everyone WITHOUT driving line went off at the hairpin cause of the bloody brake marker no one owned up to taking out :cautious::cautious: God forbid we ever actually get a wet race but if we do the guys with driving line will be massively advantaged cause they’ll know how fast to take the turns.....how about driving line gets banned and no TC gets applied to div 1A as well
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    to be fair about the hairpin, if there hadn't been a gaggle of cars in front of me I would've been able to pick the braking point as it was just before the 100 which is where the ripple strip starts. But I couldn't see it as with cars in the way, the 150 board was the marker that braking was going to be soon
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Well, i was never going to have a good race at these first 2 tracks, and i knew it..

Started 10th. disappointed but not surprised. Race was quite uneventful. got up to about 7th by lap 2, before i was almost taken out by @fezza s unsafe rejoin at the harpin. saw 3 or 4 cars all go off, and then BAM! copped one right on my sidepod. luckily it didnt end my race as i wouldve been furious. few laps later i had a moment on my own, and rolled around in 10th ish for the rest of the race. ended up crashing out on lap 22 from a massive slide.

Bring on some decent tracks for the next few weeks!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Wasn't a fan of this track either but 2017 made it a little more tolerable. Had the pace and strategy to be comfortably in top 10 after a few ahead of me had their moments in the opening laps. But then got tangled up with a couple of hard charging drivers from behind and lost my front wing on lap 3 and that was pretty much it for me as I had to manage doing the remaining 25 laps on mediums instead.

Hat got me by a couple of meters at the end and finished P12. The drop round gods can now happily take this round off me.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    unsafe rejoin? it wasn't from my perspective and it was you that took me out instead.
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I run no assists (except ABS of course) and I didn’t run wide. I noticed as soon as I was getting ready to brake that the markers looked a little different, but thankfully here there were brake markers on both sides of the track which could still be used.
    Also, I believe you’re talking about Div 1B (simple grammatical error), but if we ban TC for 1B then what’s the point of having that division? TC is the only thing that separates B from A.
    As for Div 2 and their ability to use driving line, that’s a fair assist for them to use as they are obviously a little off the pace compared to Div 1 and this helps with general consistency.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    JonoStan96 and Toranafan-02 like this.
  7. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    *grabs popcorn*
    Zachery and razor4797 like this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I wont elabortate other than to say that it is YOUR responsibility to rejoin safely, which you did not because my car was there. (pics tell 1000 words)
    pic 1 - Fezza off track [​IMG]
    Pic 2 - Fezza about to rejoin (with my nose in view on the right, and me on the racing line as permitted)[​IMG]
    Pic 3 - Inevitable crash due to unsafe rejoin[​IMG]

Now please tell me again how i took you out???
  9. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Yeah looks unsafe to me was completely off track and turns straight back on
    Zachery and RHINO11 like this.
  10. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Yes but cars attacking/defending other drivers are very likely to miss something as you're not focused fully on such a minute detail. Where as the guys with driving line would be able to react due to a big red thing on the track.
  11. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    How'd you get Fezza's POV
    Zachery likes this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    to be fair, you cant use driving line if youre right up on someone anyway. by the time you see the line go red, you should already be braking because you are in the draft.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    youtube vid.
  14. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I see your point and tbh driving line for div 2 isn't the biggest issue. It's the 1B guys with the traction control. I know it's all that seperates them from 1A but maybe then it's time to just combine the two half divs....
    Also can you link fezza's vid pls...I cant seem to find it in the thread
  15. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    We could all just pretend this race never happened and never touch this track again? :)
    JonoStan96 and RHINO11 like this.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    GLADLY
    Toranafan-02 and RHINO11 like this.
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I like my 25 points but even I agree
    Toranafan-02 and Zachery like this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah solid as drive mate. its a tricky track with a few tricky complexes in it.
  19. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    it's better to see it in slow-motion:
    I was ahead of you and you saw me going wide and of course I'd ease back onto the track as I did. You had a much better view of me ahead of you and I didn't have much view of you to my right (I personally didn't even see you on my right as I was concentrating on the other collision earlier and my recovery). So you could have kept a little more to your right just to be safe but instead carried on as if I wasn't there at all. It would've been an unsafe rejoin if I came back onto the track at a much more sharper angle which I didn't.
  20. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Before this turns into a huge :):):):)en mess