THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 1 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 15, 2016.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Very satisfying race for me. Qualified on target (4th), kept it tidy throughout, went easy enough on the tires to make a one-stopper work. Had some close racing with Bob, Hayden and Matt.

Bad luck to Dave and Bob.
  2. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Was on target to go under 7:50 for qualy but screwed up big when I got distracted by the random entering the room and obscuring my brake marker in the shadows :(. Had quite a bit of lag during the race start but ended up having an off with @Bryan at Aremberg after just missing the braking point while trying not to run into him/get run off road :oops:.
    Steering wheel started glitching shortly after, where it would change view multiple times on up-shifts and skip a gear on the downshifts. Tried to live with it by not changing gears as much but it was so distracting and disorientating that I had to screw my strategy and pit at the end of lap 2 to try and fix it :sick:.
    A wheel reset didn't work and it had become so undrivable that I had to pause halfway around the track, at Kesselchen of all places and unplug all the cables to hard reset everything. It didn't work :mad: but for whatever reason the wheel decided to stop being a jerk and normal service resumed at the start of lap 4.
    By this stage I'd fallen to last place and was over 2 minutes down on the leader with an awkward 2 stop strategy. Had a good battle with @its-benny-racer who was running the opposite tyre strategy and only lost 8 seconds to the winner over the remaining 8 laps. Guess it wouldn't be a ROOZ season without some sort of hardware failure trying to screw me over :speechless:.
    Congrats to @AUSnicko9 on taking the win.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    warrior2167 and AUSnicko9 like this.
  3. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Like my others, night didn't start off too great, having 3 offs in the final few sectors ruining what I estimated to possibly be a 7'43/7'44 laptime giving me a P3 start for the race. Put my head down and had a good start, picking up 2nd from Warrior round the outside of turn 1. Matt was quick off the line and it wasn't until the end of lap 1 I had a good run on him. Didn't quite have the best line to pass down the hill after the final split and we made slight contact, I speared off onto the grass, but no issue rejoined just behind him and we set off on lap 2.
    Lap 2 things got really crazy. I had a good run from Flugplatz and we went side-by-side all the way from Kottenbom til Fuchsrohre... with no contact, was really good fun! (If you have the replay saved watch this! :p) Had to yield back to Matt as we were still alongside each other heading down the hill before the uphill Adenaeur Frost complex, and for sure 2-wide there would not work lol.
    Made the pass stick a little further up the road at Mutkuve and managed to pull a slight gap.
    Pitstops shortly followed with my strategy seeming to work well again.
    With Warrior only 4s away I couldn't make any mistakes, so was very surprised when the gap suddenly increased a heap to Matt in P3.
    Overall, a brilliant race at this challenging circuit, Warrior still has a good grip on the championship and with this round an easy drop for him, it does put pressure on him to make no mistakes in the final 2 races, with me of course the same.
    Cheers all. :thumbsup:
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Ugh, another shocker. One of the rare instances I'd have liked a tuned car, that SLS was horrific around here.

It probably wasn't the best idea to debut the T500 at this track, hopefully by this time next week I'll have the F1 rim :)

My race was going well up until Aremberg, where I got caught up in Bob rejoining the track and I dropped to last.

Hopefully next week will be better (how many times have I said that this season?), at a track that we've somehow never raced at before, well done Nicko on the win, hard luck warrior on the DSC, that's your first since GT5 S12 at Monaco if I remember correctly! Best of luck @MINT_GTR for Paul Ricard, a sprint win and 2 poles (and a DSQ :p ) is a damn awesome comeback.
  5. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    First stint went well on the softs and included witnessing a fantastic battle with Matt and Nick. I stayed out a lap longer than both of them. that gave Nick a 5 second cushion. I was confident I could close the gap as the tyres drop off 2 seconds a lap.
    Unfortunately on lap 6 a silly mistake on the GP section cost me 7 seconds. Then towards the end of the lap Nick disappears of my screen but there's no message to say he has left the room. 5 min later the game kick me out of the room, so frustrating as I would have liked to have seen my position after the stop. I didn't need to put in extra fuel and if I was within 10, I would have backed myself to close the gap.

Congrats on the win Nick and well done Matt for the pole.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    If this is coming from a seasoned racer, who thought it a good idea to have a round at the green hell.... yes I know some love the track some hate it and there is no in between...... But if the car doesn't suit the track as said by a 400 race veteran ......
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I was one who suggested it... :whistling:
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Somne of the lap times are hard to read, does anyone have a clearer picture or can interpret the times?
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have warriors FL?
  10. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Warrior had the fastest lap at 7'48.254 mate, although he DSC'ed it is still shown on the lap timing screen Jono posted.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I really wish your suggestions were ignored as often as mine :D , i think i said "anywhere but there"
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Nicho, I missed that.
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    You KNUCKLEHEAD
  14. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Warrior 7:48.254
    Nicko 7:48.648
    MINT 7:49.817
    Bob 7:57.077
    Bryan 7:57.725
    WTF 7:57.837
    Crunch 7:59.151
    Benny 7:59.836
    Saved 8:01.341
    Hatfield 8:06.791
    Jono 8:11.107
    emmo46 likes this.
  15. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Anything less than 5th places in the next two races would be disappointing for me.

I know I've got the pace to stay in this division, but coming in last place two times in a row is far from indicative.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I wont be racing Sunday night, as going out for birthday dinner. Have fun guys. Go Bob! Wave the PRT flag high ;)
    Easyprey007, NAACS and B-Spec Bob like this.
  19. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Congratulations to David on securing yet another championship, faultless drive tonight mate, brilliant battles on many laps on both the softs and mediums. Unfortunately my early pit stop saw me fade away in the last 4 laps where I just had no answer.

Maybe season 10 will be my time... lol. Cheers all! :thumbsup:
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    My favorite part about that race was that no one seemed to give up (or DSC)
    We all finished within a minute of the leader and had battles all through the field it seemed.
    Sorry to @Bryan_F & @its-benny-racer for making life difficult as you came through on the softs.
    Good to see @Pringles_947 back on GT6...good battle at the end mate