THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 2 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You may not mix compounds
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Cool. Good to know. Cheers.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Huh? I'm pretty sure tyre mixing has been banned since GT5 S1?
  4. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    This.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    wow ok. Well I haven't been around since then.
    Ignore my previous comment.
    You may not mix compounds.
  6. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Ok that's cool.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    ive never been so happy to see rain as i was the other night, was starting to get tense, worried id chosen the wrong tires, but it poured down claimed most of the positions back but the position @Motorsports560 claimed and he wasnt giving it back. couldnt close the gap and when i did i messed it up with half mistakes and maybe a three quarter mistake, started to get nervous when @bmx_mtb_boy got close but kept my head for a change. sorry to those on the alternate strategy/disconects . and a special sorry to @disturboed , i tryed to get inside him when he came back on track but ended up slamming his merc. Gonna be a tire conservation week at nurburg next week i suspect, bring it on
    Watto64 and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

It's amazing how the line flattens with 2 consecutive disconnections :(:poop:
  10. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

@disturboed must have had more hits than Elvis because I pile drove him when he lost traction in growing wet conditions heading into the last 2 turns which let BMX back past me.
    Sorry Turbo, I thought I was past you but you bounced off the wall right back on track.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you gain 9 points on motorsport with drop round in effect
  12. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    @Watto64 @holdenman05

it's all good guys, I was throwing the dice on that lap, I really should have pitted the previous lap. Holdenman, you actually got me going up to speed again, LOL. I was back on the track but just wheelspinning galore. Then just after barely making it through the chicane, i did a Jolyon Palmer and aquaplaned straight into the wall, and sorry to Watto for becoming a mobile brick wall.
  13. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    I got lucky when that happened since I nearly binned it too. So far looking like 2 stops for tyres next round. 1 stop for fuel definitely needed.
  14. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Just to let everybody know pre hand i will be unavailable to run at nurburgring this weekend it unfortunately clashes with a family wedding so good luck to everybody should make the last 2 races interesting.
  15. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    well thats a shame motorsports, that throws a spanner in the championship works
  16. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Righto everyone, Adro's back on deck and will resume hosting for tonight!!

Fingers crossed we get a decent PSN and no disconnects this week!
    arakasi- likes this.
  17. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Might as well show up for the enduro :) See you all tonight!
  18. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Well done tonight to BMX, Holden and BMW on podium positions plus all other that endured the Green Hell.
    I spent 11 laps actually hoping I'd disconnect again because I hate that track with a passion.
    The night started with a huge spin on my qually lap which put me in P8 for the start but I got a very good start which saw me into 5th behind Disturboed until he overcooked on a corner which let me past into 4th so I said to myself " Self, just keep it on the track and let other people make errors and see how it pans out"
    Well, after a good Lap 1, it all turned to :):):):) with multiple spins, half loses, contact with the Armco just about every lap after that, seeing one after another competitor motor past putting me a position further down.
    I know some people love this place but I'll say upfront that I have never liked the track and can't for the life of me understand why they pick it as a season track.
    It so bloody narrow, sooo bloody bumpy, soooooo bloody long and overtaking opportunities are soooo bloody limited.
    I lost interest in the whole thing after about lap 5.
    Goodbye Nurburgarsering!!!!
  19. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Sorry for helping ruin your quali lap @BMWF30328 I forgot about the Start button to ghost, was madly trying to scramble to the inside off the line but didn't make it :-(

My race seemed like a series of increasingly brutal kerb strikes and random bumps launching the Merc off-line. I think I said this last time we raced here: I've driven the actual circuit, and apart from a couple of big kerbs it's NOT THAT FREAKIN' BUMPY!
    My late-race battle with @arakasi- was ended by my toilet break at the last stop, darn pitlane is too short here, I wasn't stopping mid-flow to battle for 8th!
  20. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    I managed bugger all track time whilst away last week (barring a bewdy day out with @incey and his astonishingly fast offspring at Makotrac Go Karting. Muchas gracias amigo, thanks so much for your tremendous hospitality…an excellent day and evening!)
    But I digress. Quali'd 2nd much to my surprise, and managed to get away from the line ok…dragged @bmx_mtb_boy for the hairpin and tucked my elbows in to leave room on the left then lifted once I knew he'd beat me out of the corner (trying to tuck in behind without baulking @cola1001…semi successfully…)
    Next 3 laps "Blew My Mind"…there was never much more than a second or so splitting bmx in front, myself, and cola or BMW close behind in 3rd. Into lap 2 I think cola was busy fending off BMW, I managed to hang onto bmx and we took off…nose to tail, I was trying so hard to keep up and not fly off…was awesome racing! Somewhere round here BMW tagged on back but turned hard right under the bridge out of 'Aremberg'…I breathed a sigh (half relief, half smarting for him as I've done exact same thing numerous times). I even did an extra lap on RS (unplanned) and pitted end of lap 4. Woo hoo!
    Took 40L of fuel and RM's and emerged in 4th. bmx stayed out (one stopping I guessed) so I just tried to ease into the tyres and not do anything too stoopid! Had a couple of pucker moments but managed to 'save it twice', and moved into 1st as blokes ahead pitted.
    Spent a few laps in front till I spun early on lap 8, gifting the lead to @holdenman05 (he'd made 4 secs on me in previous lap and was gaining still…I succumbed to 'the reverse blowtorch' and fatigue…) 7 secs in arrears became 9, 10, and 12 by the time I pitted for fuel and fresh RM's. As I waited (taking 3L more fuel than the suggested 27L, always do, just for luck...) BMW and bmx drove on by…
    Head down I drove my balls off to try and make a dent on the split to the leaders (holden, bmx and BMW respectively), roughly 24 secs I theenk? Got it down to 22 secs and had a right scare or two, dropping it back a bit…
    Passed BMW as he made his final stop, and had about 10-12 secs on him but he ate it up on the last lap…we had contact at 'Hohe Acht' and BMW very graciously, and needlessly redressed…(it's fair to say you could've kept going mate coz I stayed on with enough room, but I appreciate your shining example of bloody good sportsmanship!) As I was really just holding BMW up I slid wide at 'Brünnchen' to let him by, and he drove off into the sunset…
    Survived another scare and had to short shift for the rest of the lap to avoid 'limp home mode'…I coasted from the bridge at 'Antoniusbuche' to what I call 'the landing', and super short shifted home for a bloody hard fought 4th. I know it's not 'super dooper' but I'm really stoked with my drive, and awesomely impressed with the level of good sportsmanship still evident in this day and age! You 'can' race nose to tail, and side by side at "the Green Hell", it just takes big coconuts and lots of respect! Three cheers to podium! Skills gentlemen!