THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Well I made that race hard on myself, I was a second and a half up on my last quali lap but ran out of time just before I hit the main straight so had to settle for 6th. Got caught up in the pack on lap 1 and went back to 12th and had to drive the wheels off it to fight my way through the field. Worked my way up to 4th where I spun and lost a heap of ground.
    The only way I was going to have a chance at a podium was to run to the end on the same tyres. I pitted from the lead at around lap 20, with no fuel or tyres to take on I was out quickly and jumped Kart for 3rd place. I got to within 6 seconds of killer but had to manage my tyres till the end. I spun again with 2 laps to go giving Kart a sniff but held on to a podium finish.

Great racing everyone and congrats to Zharvs and Killer for a great performance
    Ad2mny likes this.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @Hatfield webnomad disconnected early on too
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    13 finishers is pretty good too. Unfortunate for web, but good turn out last night.
  4. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    ... Yep ... There was something dodgy with the connection from get go ... Very laggy ... So could not get to grips with the track ... And then it chucked me out in L1 ... At least the pain was limited ...pcars was very stable last season so let's hope next one is back to normal ... Any way ... Sounds like there was some nice racing ...and a nice debut from fellow TLR team mate Zharvs .. Congrats to all
    Zachery likes this.
  5. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Well that was the most boring race ever. The car was fine to drive but 5-7 seconds off the pace per lap? Let me know when there's a stock division. Was unimpressed to be forced off track a couple of times, one which dealt me a 5 second acceleration penalty (surely we'd turn those off).

Anyway I'll be overseas next week so you won't see me for a while.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    maybe your just in the wrong div mate, your times seem to line up better with div 4
    Ryzza5 likes this.
  7. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Well, this isn't the start to the season I was hopeing for. Last place isnt great. I decided against taking tyres at pit to try and make up some time and ended up running around on fronts that had an average temp of 150. And @webnomad maybe we can try during the week and see if it was your connection to me maybe, or was it fine until the race?
    Ad2mny likes this.
  8. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    OK guys don't want to point the finger, but after a cursory look this morning it is possible only 12 of the 13 runners pitted. If you did not pit please own up as it is difficult to tell which car is which but I will spend time this afternoon checking. As I said I only suspect someone did, I may have missed one. Also did anyone pit more than once.
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Pitted once on lap 16.
    I wasn't in team livery as I didn't have time to set up the car before I joined.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Also pitted on L16
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I pitted lap 16 and crashed heavily on the way in!!!
    Zachery likes this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    come in too hot @VARDZ?
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    "HOT... DAMN HOT .... hotter than a snakes ass in the Arizona desert hot "
    SuiCid3, George and Zachery like this.
  14. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Hi George ... happy to try it out ... I think it did not feel right on my side... let's see how we go next week ...
  15. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I totally forgot about pitting lol my race strategy was to do a no fuel and no tyre change pit but kept putting it later and later until I eventually forgot all about it.

I finished around 15s ahead of 7th position, how long does a drive-through pit take on that track? Worst case I'd have finished 7th instead of 6th had I done my no fuel and no tyre pit.
    SuiCid3 and Zachery like this.
  16. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Pitted L14
  17. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I did see that one. Lol
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Pcars does not always show the livery you were actually using during the race. Stupid system.
  19. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    T
    Thanks for fessing up fezza, will save me combing through the footage this afternoon.
  20. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    2016 BATHURST 1000 CHAMPION (My Arse )
    [​IMG]