GT5 The DTM World Tour Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hmmm, maybe should rename it the "Bogus" round if it's in your honor?!??
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i'll be on and off all day to practice for the race 2nite, hope 2 see all you's boys 2nite,
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'll try to get some practice in with you after tea man, haven't even driven the Astra at Daytona yet, gonna have to tone back the downforce I reckon, desperately need to run some laps, Chev and Bonus are gonna be real strong around here.
  4. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Can you guys do some practice for me too please...

Handicaps:

Chev 110kg
    Bonus 80kg
    Darko and Stumbles 30kg
    Everyone else is off scratch. Should be good, see you guys there.
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm looking forward to this one. I did some practice lastnight with myst. We are gonna be struggling around here I reckon. The M3 seems very unstable in the high speed bends like the bus stop.
  6. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah no probs m8,, EAT LIGHT :lol: need all the pace we can muster up..
    have done a hand full of laps snake and mid 1.40's low 41's on full tank and new softs.
    with a couple tweaks hoping for 39's better if i get 38's, feeling fast around daytona hope the crowd doesn't get in the way :p :lol: :p

anon, do some practice 4 you ???? can barely keep up with my own practice m8 :lol:
  7. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Anon, in the first post it says 80kg max, has that changed?
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah Snake there was a bit of a discussion at OZGT about this, here's an extract of my post.

Finally got the chance to read the comments from the last few days and I will happily take the blame for not testing enough and copying the race spec's from others who have come before. Sadly, not all cars are equal, even GT500 cars that are apparently equal, aren't!?!?!?! The weight handicap will stand for the rest of the series, but I think I might experiment with the limit (only if that is OK with Chev and Bonus - as these guys are gonna be most effected). How about we just keep adding weight to the first 4 finishers as per the rules, but don't stop at 80kg. Obviously if there is a tipping point and the car is hard work at say 120kg, but undrivable at 130kg, then we make 120kg the new max weight. Will this be OK with everyone?

I got the all clear from Chev and Bonus (I think). So basically we will keep weighing down the front runners until they come back to the field. Sadly the weight handicap hasn't worked that well. Next time it may be worth playing with a BHP handicap, or a higher weight limit/amount, or just run the one car...that's a bit boring though. The idea of this comp was to have close competition with drivers of different skill levels in different cars. Sure the cream will always rise, but I wanted the faster guys to work hard for the win with the handicaps and keep the mid-field drivers scrapping hard amongst themselves.

I will fix the OP.
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Cheers for clearing that up mate, was just asking as I noticed Chev will carry 110kg and the OP still says 80, I wasn't aware of the history, had me confused, easily done, haha!
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  11. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    If i'm not there on time tonight start without me.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Pitting schedule for tonight is:

If you start on softs, you must pit on lap 9. If you are on mediums at the start, you must pit on lap 12. ie what we did at Monza. See ya'll soon.

Hope you make it Darko.
  13. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    First race tonight and had an absolute ball, didn't come last and managed to run in the mid field for a while, had a few offs (a couple on my own and one with a bit of assistance after I had all but fried my rear tyres but that's racing and I'm sure I'll be guilty of the same thing at some stage. Sorry if I got in anyones way and was a bit slow getting organised I was trying to ask questions on voice chat but I don't know if it is working properly.
    Once again had a ball tearing time and look forward to next week after much more practice.

Cheers,
  14. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Ooooh :):):):) that's nasty Cob, maybe take it a bit easier next time, can't be tearin those balls every round, that's gotta hurt! Haha, good to hear you had fun though eh, in the end, that's what it's all about.

Had a decent race myself, particularly given I hadn't done any practice until the afternoon of the race, set a 1:42.4xx after a quick session with Aussie, at the time I thought Bonus was doing 40's for some reason, so figured I had no chance, must admit it was a relief when I realised 43's were quite competitive, for some reason or another I couldn't get near 42 again in Anon's lobby, or Aussie's lobby before it for that matter, so was relatively happy to start from 2nd, was sooo close to pole though!

Early on in the race Aussie and I got away into 1st and 2nd, at that point I decided to drive somewhat conservatively as to avoid any mistakes as I thought we'd have it in the bag, what I didn't realise was that Enforcer was running mediums, which he had very good pace on, in hindsight this cost me possibly the race win (after Aussie's big bus stop bender) because I should've been pushing hard to try and open up a gap over Enforcer, anyway, I pitted in on lap 9, inside of Aussie's car, I felt as though I'd scrubbed plenty of speed on entry, turns out GT5 didn't feel the same way as my car sat there after it's service, annoying to say the least, Aussie was now a long way down the road.

Lap 13 rolls around and Enforcer comes out of the pits right in front of me, at this point I realise that's he's on softs and I'm on mediums, crap, that pit issue cost me huge, anyway, I tustled with him for a lap or so then he was gone, not long after Aussie made his big mistake allowing me to claim 2nd, lap 20 I outbrake myself into t1 and get the back right onto the green stuff, costs me about 5 seconds, Aussie's right on my tail, lap 21, I do the same :):):):)ing thing again! Cost me 2nd place, ah well, if I'm gonna be doin :):):):) like that I didn't deserve any better, so yeah, had I realised Enforcer was on mediums that first stint and not had my pit issue maybe things would have been different, maybe I would've been in a position to cruise home and those off's on the last 2 laps wouldn't have happened, I dunno, still had a lot of fun, not quite ball tearing, but fun nonetheless ;)

In the end, well done Enforcer on a very solid victory.
  15. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    yes it was a very good race guys especially aussie_man21 ans SNAKEiSM it was very close... yer i started on mediums as the replay confirms... i was actually horrified that id started on softs as to why i had so much pace i scared the :):):):) outta myself but after the race went back and reviewed replay and it confirms i started on MEDs my start was almost my downfall as most of you would of seen trying to launch on the outside doesnt help i nearly ended up in the wall lol... but yer im so happy the A4 was able to acheive a victory being the only car of this type i dont have any tech support.... but was a consistent run the whole race
  16. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'll do a write up tonight. Not much to say though honestly.
  17. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I bet if we were all running at 1230kg's you would've been lightning fast compared to the rest Chev, and yep Enforcer, you were definately on mediums.
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Had a mixed race myself, got a fairly good start after doing a slide start as most did on that banked road. Got through the first few corners with out too much rough stuff and braked a bit later than snake on a few corners on the first few laps (little bumps not too hard though, sorry snake). I had a quick look at the replay (before my 5:30 start today) to see what problem you had with a Astra Chev, I was beside you on turn3 lap1 when you ran wide on the grass, but i was hugging my side of the track and there was room for another car between us when you left the track, might be different on your replay but mine and enforcers show a big gap and you just leaving the track (bloody glitch again chev?), it was your own team m8 that then charged through as you came back onto the track. Not sure if that was the incident or you were talking about something later on, i only looked at that bit and my dive pass on snake before the bus stop lap 3 and my consequent slip off the track there and ending up stuck on the wall letting all go by. That was about the end of my race i thought, till the pit stops begun and the tire mix ups happened letting me back in. I got up behind Neishy and was doing a bit of draft passing on the new Med tires and stuffed up at the bus stop again, not as bad this time and managed to keep going without loosing too much time. Just ran out the race then having the odd battle on the way, had some good laps with chev, i could stop a bit better and could get through on the corners and Chev would get me on the straights. Good fun these things and this track really showed up the weight difference, i was heaps quicker without it in practice i did after last weeks race, got to go Boss on me case to go to a meeting.
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

It wasn't a glitch bonus. Just thought you were closer, I was being too nice. It was completely my fault mate.
  20. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Oh ok, thought i was giving plenty room at the start, i did have more bad late breaking moments than i would have liked but nothing too bad that caused any grief to anybody.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.