GT5 The DTM World Tour Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Hey Anon,

Can I get in on this, I have qualified in Div2 for the Sunday league but have yet to race. I have a Lexus IS-F Racing Concept 08 in White, I'm OK going solo as I don't think anyone else is driving one of these anyway, I just want to see if myself and the car is competitive. I have put out a friend request as CobMcCool. Just let me know either way.

Cheers
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Trying to keep to the DTM cars Cob...

S Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI Touring Car '93
    S Audi A4 Touring Car '04
    S Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car 02
    P Lexus IS F Racing Concept 08
    S Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 16 Evolution II Touring Car 92
    S Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car 00
    S Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) 00
    S Opel Calibra Touring Car 94
    S Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car 00
    S Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car 94

If you got some cash in the game, the Opel Astra was in the Online dealership last time I looked... $1,000,000.

:)
  3. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I thought Lexus was on the DTM list is it OK or not.

Cheers
  4. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    prob best to ask over psn as they will be on shortly mate
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah welcome to join Cob. More the merrier. I ran the Lexus around here last week to test it & it's nearly 2 sec's slower than my Audi (which is slow enough). If you want to run it fine, but it may not be that competitive is all. The Astra is quick & I thought the Bimmer was a prize car, I've got about 6 of them!! Get on in there and run a few laps. It's all about having some fun & some good clean racing.
  6. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Missed out again arrrrrgh!!!!, forgot to put out a friend request to stumbles while I was out buying the Astra (Yes the Lexus was slow after detuning to make the BHP limit best was around 2:04 probably due to weight, Astra a bit quicker) Will sort my stuff out and be ready to hit it next week.

Cheers
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Awesome racing guys. I'll do a write up tonight after work. Will be good to get some other perspectives on the race as well. Tyre choice made this race very interesting indeed.
  8. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    keen to see the rsults for this one too
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Results:

Chev
    Stumbles
    Darko (here comes team Starko!!)
    Bonus
    Enforcer
    Snake
    Anon
    Neishy
    Aza
    Aussie
    Myst
  10. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Results from round 3 - Suzuka - 29 laps

[​IMG]

The race (from my perspective)... After the false start due to Darko dropping out during grid form-up (now there's a team-mate for ya... I got a terrible start...lol), the race got under way with 11 participants. Chev stole pole-position off me in the dying seconds of qualifying, so I lined up second on the grid. I chose to start on the medium tyres, get my 10 slippery laps out of the way and then go onto softs for the next 2 stints.

I got away cleanly and made it to turn 1 in second spot, with Enforcer, Bonus and Snakeism breathing down my neck and Chev clearing out in front on his soft tyres.
    Got through the esses pretty nicely and made a little bit of a gap to the boys fighting behind me and set about putting down some clean laps. Was frustrating to see Chev bolting, the last 2 races, I think he started on the Medium tyres so was hoping to stay with him. Made a couple of small mistakes during this stint, mainly out-braking myself but nothing too major.
    Chev pits at the end of lap 9 and I move into 1st place, but this will be short-lived as I pit at the end of lap 10. Come out of the pits and I'm 30 seconds behind the leader... But, now on softs myself, I keep the gap about the same. All pretty boring during the stint, driving on my own and trying to keep focused and on the track. I did 10 laps on the softs and after pitting again, still about 29 seconds behind.

Realizing now that Chev has just put his Medium tyres on, I dug in and tried to do the best driving of my GT5 life... And it was working... Slowly...lol. As each lap passed, the gap was coming down until lap 27, I lose it around Spoon and blow the gap out by 10 seconds to 26 to the leader. To my surprise, next lap, the gap came down 15 seconds as Chev had a moment at Degner and was stuggling (or taking it easy???) on the Medium tyres.

Came to the last lap, gap was down to 11 seconds at the first split and I'm praying that Chev has another off.... Bugga, a lapse in concentration and I go off again at Spoon and finish the race 24 seconds behind.

Different tyre stats made it interesting, wonder what would have happened if we'd all been on Mediums at the start, from conversation after the race, seems Chev and my times were fairly close.

So much nicer being in a competitive car, that Audi A4 didn't like me... The Merc must love me... lmao.
  11. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I had a great race last night guys. Suzuka is one of my favorite tracks, and the M3 seems to be very stable through the s-bends and the other faster corners. I knew Bonus and Snake would be the men to beat, so I was very surprised to see Stumbles pulling some very quick times in the practice we did before qualifying. That Merc is hella quick for sure.

I went out on track for qualifying, did my out lap, then on my first flying lap I ran into some crazy carnage as Enforcer lost it on the curvy left hander after the s-bends. I tried to drive through the plume of smoke, but ended up t-boning him. So that was one lap wasted. Then as I was about to start by second attempt, a couple of guys had lost it at the Casio chicane, I tried to avoid them and ended up off the track, spoiling my run down onto the main straight to start a flying lap. That was another one gone, lol. Sorry to those who heard me go off on voice chat, but at that point I had the :):):):)s. I followed through with that lap anyway and ran a 1:57.7, and I knew that wouldn't be enough, so I went around again and pitted for new tyres. I did another out lap then on my last lap I pulled out a 1:56.4, which wasn't really a super clean lap to be honest, but I must have made up some time somewhere to get it. So I did pull that out after the 10 minute deadline, sorry for making everyone wait.

Starting on pole, I opted for the softs to get me started. I knew that with no one in front of me I would be able to pull a lead, even though initially I didn't know what tyres Stumbles and snake were running behind me. I was very surprised on viewing the replay to see Bonus back in the field running softs while being stuck behind a few guys running mediums. I think that cost you alot of time mate! Anyways, I got off to a very nice clean start and quickly started pulling a lead on the guys behind me, so I knew within the first lap that they were running mediums straight up. I was happy to see Snake messing up multiple times and slipping down the field, lol. Better luck next time mate!

As the race progressed I kept things nice and smooth and steady not trying to push too hard. With a 30 odd second lead on Stumbles I pitted at the end of lap 9 and threw on another set of softs. I came out in second place to have Stumbles pit at the end of that lap and put me back into the lead. The gap stayed around the 28-30 second mark until I pitted for Mediums at the end of lap 19.

I came out knowing that he would be catching me, but very much doubted that he would, unless I had a big off. As Stumbles said in his post, he wore the gap down quite a bit, I had one off at the second Degner on lap 28 after being distracted by lapped cars and lost maybe 10 seconds. Fortunetly Stumbles had some dramas of his own and I ended up crossing the line 24 seconds ahead.

Stumbles, you mentioned that our pace was very similar. On the softs that was true, but on the mediums I was a bit quicker and more consistant I think, and that may have made the difference in the end.

Things are really heating up boys, It looks like I've taken the lead in the Drivers Championship, and even though my teammate Mystline dropped a piston and had to retire, The Bimmer Bangers are on top of the Manufacturers ladder as well. Looking forward to the next one.
  12. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah Chev, I had a few minor off's on 2 or 3 occasions with the mediums (will have to check the replay, but wasn't my favourite 10 laps of the race). If I could have kept them tidy, might have saved myself a few seconds and made the end of the race a bit closer.

You are like a robot... banging out fast lap after fast lap... Watch out for an EMP Bomb on Daytona...lol
  13. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

[​IMG]

Ya...I know right, I was a test driver for Brawn GP back in 09'. Ross and I could chat for hours.
  14. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah Chev I had a :):):):) of a race tbh eh, didn't produce in qualy, started on mediums, had never run them before so was sloppy to start with, had an off at spoon, crawled through the kitty litter, got back on track, broke traction and veered into Darko's path, shunted back into the kitty litter, haha, that cost me a load of time, I finally got back on track and thought I was doing the right thing running the mediums for a bit longer than most guys, thinking I'd be able to run quicker on the softs due to not having to make them last as long as others, turns out the mediums don't even last any longer than the softs but are a couple of seconds a lap slower, even more by the end as wear seems to affect them even moreso than the softs, lost me some more time, aswell as these I had a few minor offs throughout the race but got stronger and stronger as it went on, had a great battle with Enforcer for the last 2 laps, if I was a bit rougher I probably would have had the pass at 130R, but oh well, was still fun.

Hopefully now I have a bit of experience with the tyres I can do a bit better next round, that and hopefully there are no slippery corners like the second Degner and the hairpin at Suzuka, those were seriously treacherous, an accident waiting to happen tbh, I reckon if I didn't have to tippy toe around those every lap I'd have been running 56 flat :p

So the next round is Daytona Road I take it??
  15. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah Snake, Daytona Road course.... We're not running Nascars in this series so no oval track stuff here.

Did a few laps after the race Monday, looks like bonus is going to be quick again and i need some more practice. I lose about 2 seconds trough the bus-stop going by bonus's practice time.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Any chance we can include spa on the calendar? I'd love to race around there in these cars.
  18. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i agree chev spa would be pretty cool in these cars.
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    How about a bonus round? I haven't got Spa yet, but I'll try and grab it over the weekend and test it for lap times etc. Any objections? Will work out handicap weights and post them up later.
  20. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

My round sounds good do you all have to let me win
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.