GT5 The DTM World Tour Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Not a bad result in the end for the Aussie Battler's eh Aussie, ended up right in the mix, if I had the right setup at Fuji and didn't miss the first 2 rounds things might've been different, still, I'm happy with equal 3rd in the teams championship.

Great race last night Chev, pretty disappointed I couldn't bring home the bacon after a few little issues ultimately cost me the win imo, but it was a very satisfying 2nd place all the same, and a much deserved victory by Chev, barely put a foot wrong, that'll do it, Enforcer, good effort coming back to 3rd after "the incident" too mate.

Anon, please bring back the DTM's or something similar for another season, I ended up getting into it more than the sunday league towards the end, good fun.
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Hey groovers, I am sorry to hear there is a bit of angst going on, I hope I didn't contribute to anyones dramas in any way, I did a good enough job of sabotaging my own race without pissing anyone else off.
    Anyway, I had my first real chance of a good result and cocked it up big time, had a real good practice and was able to put in some quick times, qualifying not so good but still good enough for third on the grid, (which I was absolutely stoked with). A big change from jumping into prac and qualifying after practising all week, being pretty happy with your times, and finding out your 3-4 seconds of the pace as happens to me in Div 2 on a weekly basis.
    My plan was to start on mediums play it cool let everybody who was quicker on softs go by and then do back to back stints on softs and hopefully get spots back through the pit stops without having to fight to much for position and wear out the tyres.
    However this all went pear shaped as I pulled into the pits and hit OK on the pit menu not realising that I was putting MEDIUMS back on (dickhead, dickhead, dickhead, is what I was muttering for the next 8 or so laps), thinking I was on softs on my outlap I gave it a bit too much throttle (which I know I would get away with on softs) and spun in front of Neishy and Enforcer but I don't think I got in their way at all.
    I persevered on mediums for the rest of the stint trying to minimize the damage and managed a 2:17.2 on mediums which I was happy with, but this didn't pay off and I went further and further back.
    Finally I got onto softs at the last pit stop and was ready to make up some time but ended up just trying too hard and cooking my tyres very quickly and couldn't even win a drag race to the finish line with aussie. Still I had an awesome time and was very happy to finally show some pace and not look like a total noob even though I finished last.
    A big thanks to Anon for putting on the series and it must happen again as I want to put my Benz back on the track (much more comfortable in it than the G37, god I hate that car.) at any rate I learnt a lot in my first series and can't wait to do the whole series next time.

Once again a big thanks to all involved.

Cheers
  3. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah cob you did well m8 for ya first series, there are some big speed freak in this series so the cards was always going to be against ya, even i had trouble.
    as for ur spin m8 from what i seen you didn't get in anyones way at all.
    but did nearly T-BONE you mmmmmmm yummy..... :lol:
    lucky i had washed off the pace, :p
    :cool: but all good m8.
  4. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Woohoo, Starko's scrape home in second place (provisionally) in the teams Championship.... Cool.
    Thanks to everyone who participated, the competition wouldn't be what it is without each and every one of you.

Thanks for running the series Anon, has been fun running around in the Merc. I was going to retire the game and concentrate on Forza, but if you run another of these... I might be back.

:)
  5. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    My stance exactly Stumbles, this one was a ripper, must admit I'm very much looking forward to having time to dedicate to Forza 4 now but if another series like this occurs, I'll be a shoe-in.

Cob, so unlucky mate, I saw you up in 3rd early on and I gotta say, I was happy for ya, too bad you whacked those mediums on again, would've been a strong result for the Vaginal Voyag... er... JMSR Racing.
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Wow, last time I looked here was very early this morning whilst cooking a meatloaf in the porcelain saucepan. Firstly, no worries, really enjoyed the series myself, will be looking at putting something else together in the near future - but maybe not till after xmas.

Secondly, there was, and continues to be, a bit said about the race last night. I will look at it and then make a call after that. It's my series, so it's my responsibility. This is also my thread, for people who are racing in the series, and for everyone in the whole interwebs to read - if they are that bored. As such I would ask people to interact in a mature way and show respect to fellow drivers. If you are not involved in this series, your opinion can be posted somewhere else, I don't want to hear it. If you have a video, again, post it somewhere else, or if you are determined for me to watch it, PM with a link - no more kitten vid's please. If there is anymore rubbish posted in this thread I will see that admin remove it and lock the thread. Let's not walk away from such a good series with a sour taste in our mouths.

On second thoughts, a few more kitten vid's can't hurt?!!?
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That was a sweet race lastnight boys. I didn't expect to win at all. Obviously I was hoping for a good result, but to win was a great and unexpected way to end the event. Leading up to the race I knew Enforcer was most likely going to be quicker in qualy, and destroy me in the race. I somehow managed a PB in qualy but only placed 5th, which I knew was about the limits for me and the car with its extra kilos.

Despite Starting mid pack, I opted to start on softs even though I knew there were people in front of me on mediums and it would be a slow fight to get past them, effectively wasting some of my nice rubber in traffic. Anyways...I got off the line fantastically, and after turn 1 with some crazy antics going on all round I found myself in 3rd. By the start of lap 2 I was in the lead and set off on my getaway plan.

After pulling out a nice lead on Snake and Stumbles, I pitted at the end of lap 8 and put on more soft tyres. I was thinking about going mediums but decided I wanted to be out front in clean air as much as possible, then bring the Bimmer home on mediums, Suzuka style. I put down some extremely quick laps on the fresh softs. A couple of them were almost 1 second quicker than my qualy time....no idea how I pulled them off, I was pushing pretty hard on the softs though, as I knew I was going to be weak on the mediums.

I pitted at the end of lap 17 and put on the mediums. Just like on the fresh softs, I pulled off some of my quickest medium tyre laps. Snake was closing in slightly on some laps, then taking huge chunks out on others...but I knew it wouldn't be enough after the crazy pace I had on the softs. In the end I think it was my very consistant, error, glitch, and lag free driving that won me the race. I know some of the other guys had some offs and penalties that cost them dearly, mainly Snake and Enforcer. Stumbles and Cob were crazily quick in the Merc but just couldn't keep it clean to mount an attack. The sight of that Merc coming at me up Eu Rouge was menacing, that thing is a damn rocket ship!

Thanks alot everyone for another great series, and grats to NOStras for taking the Team Trophy. If only my teammate didn't pike on me it may have been a different story, but anyway. I will be keen to take part in whatever you come up with for next year Anon, it's always a pleasure taking part in your events.
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Maaan, I don't know if it was just me but that Merc seemed bloody quick on the straights, when Stumbles got by me early on that car just ate my little Astra alive out of Eu rouge I think it was, I'd like to know what they were pulling without slipstream, might have to check the replay.
  9. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    That was my best moment in the race snake.... Got a double draft really, followed you up eu rouge then you and Aza split and I got more draft off him.

The merc wasn't that quick on its own though, got to about 272 at the end of that straight. Handled nicely through eu rouge though, held it flat just about every lap (even on medium tyres).
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I could only get about 262 out of the M3 at the end of that straight, so that 10kmh on me straight up, crazy. After about 250 its a very slow crawl for the BMW.
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah I was just tickin over to 270 when getting a great exit out of Eu rouge and braking late at the end of the straight, so wasn't too bad I suppose, Chev that GTR must handle fantastically well through the twisty stuff mate...
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah it goes great with the setup I have. At 1120 kg it was magic mate, extremely stable and predictable. Even with an understeary setup it still turns in like a beast, and you can get the power down early with no fear. Of course I still had to keep it on the track, which wasn't always easy. Daytona was the only track that gave me trouble. The car felt very sluggish around there. Not sure why really. But yeah its a great car.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.