GT5 The DTM World Tour Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Anon; no probs not sure what i have and what snake can get,
    but if snake can't get one of the DTM cars,
    would it be possible to use one of the new DLC pack cars? as snake and i have them.
    but that if its ok with you as this is ur race series.
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Aussie... Snake... Just had a look, only the Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix)'00 in the OCD for a lazy Million.

Anon... Snake and Aussie were in my lobby last night, although not strictly DTM, the Nissan they were playing around with seems a pretty close match. I'm sure if we gave Snake a cardboard box and 3 square wheels, he'll still come to kick our collective a$$e$...lol
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Aussie seemed to have done well in the A4 last week... I would leave him in it!
    Surely you gotta at least keep the cars European if not strictly DTM class / German.... (DTM isn't stricltly german manufacturers mind)

There are a few other DTM cars that weren't on your eligible list. Were they eliminated through testing or were they overlooked? If so, could open up some more options...List of DTM Cars
    1. S Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI Touring Car '93[/*]
    2. P Lexus IS F Racing Concept 08[/*]
    3. S Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 16 Evolution II Touring Car 92[/*]
    4. S Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car 94[/*]
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Haven't got the DLC yet, not sure what's there. Stumbles said the Astra's in the OCD, as long as it's not the AWD version I say grab that and run with it. It's a pity these cars can't be traded or I'd just gift them to you.

@Koaster, option 1. and 4. are AWD sadly, option 3. is way off the pace, but if someone wants to test the Germanish Lexus we could consider that as an option.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

That Audi 04 was definitely a bit off the pace, most noticeable last race. Aussie did a good job in it in the first race, but i put that in the category of Stoner on the Decati, he driving pretty fast and been having good battles with him
  7. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah anon, koastr and bonus; as the DLC pack cars are AWD snake and i have both brought the astra touring car and will run that, both of us were in suzuka doing some setup this arvo and both are runnig into the low ???????? ummmmm i'm not going to tell ya's, i'm going to leave it as a SUPRISE.... :p :lol: :p :lol: :p
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Chev, it turns out the Astra is a wee bit more competitive than that R32 I was in the other night, unfortunately though, I can't seem to remember the times I was running, shame, as I really wanted to tell you, haha, naaah, it was definately quicker mate, atleast now I may be able to give you a biiiiit of a race, the car still feels as if it's on a knife's edge through the second degner and through the hairpin, it get's real floaty and is too easy to lose, may have to tune in a bit more understeer to try and minimise that floaty feeling, may lose some raw pace though, gonna have to find a balance.
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah snake, the second degner is pretty floaty in any car really. The BMW gets unsettled there and at the hairpin as you said. Yeah finding balance is the key for sure. Glad to have you in the series, and very much looking forward to a great race on Monday.
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Glad you guys have settled on a car. Should be good fun on Monday.

BTW Koaster I tested the Lexus quickly last night and it's not going to be competitive (plus it's 100+kg over the weight spec's - too many dim sims?!?!?!).
  11. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    well thanks aussie for your wonderful comments... i see your stabbing me in the back... i get my net fixed so i can race come on here and find this crap... oh well solo for me it is... (can i use the 190E 2.5 16 EVO II 92') ?
  12. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i'll be making suzuka... was getting late 59s in the A4
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Enforcer, don't stress man, I'm sure there's a fair dose of sarcasm in Aussie's comments, don't take it to heart eh.
  14. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    sorry enforcer, but as snake said don't take it 2 heart man i made decision base on the no show round 1 and your net probs round 2, if u have problem with that i sorry man,
    didn't mean to upset ya but dude u so easy to upset. sometime u just need to toughen up and just get on with things m8 stress less.
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey Enforcer, feel free to use the 190E, it's a bit slow and sloppy. Grab the Astra in the OCD or build up a Merc if you have one and run that.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    May be a fraction late tonight, but will be there. Feel free to run the qual without me, but don't start the race or I'll be very crabby!!! Stumbles/Bonus, can one of you guys please start a room if I'm not around by 8 (9 DST). Not looking forward to racing Bonus around this track again...
  17. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Anon, are you talking eastern time mate? I'm central so don't wanna be late.
  18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'll be on early for practice in my new wheels, so I'll set up a room.

:)
  19. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'll jump in when I see you on Stumbles, if that's cool.
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    8pm qld, 9pm other eastern states, 7983.9832 furlongs past the shadow off the paling fence for those in SA.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.