GT5 The DTM World Tour Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Easy there tiger. Lol
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    thats what the missus says when i get it out. :cool: :lol:
  3. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    Well well well.... the pig of a car seems to be doing well for itself aye ?? im actually quite surprised nobody has actually won two races in a row... pity i missed the opening two races i might be actually somewhere in the standings but oh well i might actually hold another series of these cars later on... exactly the same principles and rules just more tracks ?? what do you guys think.... but yer i miss le mans and come back for spa which im getting 2:14s around with the 1200kgs my car is now at... fuji was a good race i had to pace myself on the meds as i was going mental as i was losing the leaders so i was getting a bit pissed but then i got on the softs and all came good good race to aussie and chev you guys were fast but i think i was the most consistent... fastest lap also goes to me a 1:36.299 so maybe extra point or something im not sure but bring on spa :)
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I actually won rounds 2 and 3, so someone has won two races in a row, lol. As for consistency, I was watching the replay and I reckon I was more consistant than you enforcer. I had no offs or sc penalties....but the car just didn't have the speed.
  5. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah consistency is key that's for sure, I ran a few laps with Aussie's setup after the race, first flying lap was a 36.1, second was a 36.0, pitted for fresh rubber, next flying lap was a 35.919, after that I started talking too much and didn't really get another good lap in before I jumped off, man oh man, if I'd used that setup in the race I would've been right there with you Enforcer, the speed I was able to carry through several of those turns with Aussie's setup was unfathomable with the car set up as I used it in the race, not only that but it turns out the brake bias I was using increased my stopping distances also, with more front brake than rear (I know, it's elementary but I didn't think the effect would be so drastic) I was able to brake much later than I could with my race setup, which reminds me, I desperately need to adjust my brake ratio on the G37 too, I keep wondering why other's are able to outbreak me all the time, pretty hard to defend when you simply cannot pull up as fast as your opponents.

Good run though Enforcer, I would've liked to have been mixing it with you up front but it wasn't to be, I knew there must be something in the setup as I didn't understand how I could be quicker the previous night then go almost 1 second a lap slower the next, baffling, but oh well.
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah snake, I think ill have to do some tuning on the M3. A good tune is hard to perfect, but once you find the sweet spot, it's magic.Hopefully I can find a setup that accommodates the extra weight a bit better. I think my championship lead is pretty safe, so I'd have to have 2 horrible rounds or disconnect mid race to be in danger, but hopefully i'll have mystline back for the last 2 races so we can keep fighting for the constructors.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good stuff as always last night lads, man those mediums were cruel on that track. Well done to enforcer and chev, like a few of you other guys I need to find time to tune my little Audi. Results:

Enforcer
    Chev
    Anon
    Darko
    Aza
    Stumbles
    Snake
    Bonus
    Neishy
    Cob
    Aussie (sorry again for the hot lap mix up and bad luck with the tyre glitch, wasn't your night champ)
  8. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah I agree with the car tuning thing, my merc desperately needs a better tune, or something needs to change as last night I was simply pathetic. I was so dissapointed after the race I changed just about every setting on the car (in some cases drastically and illogical) and ran the race in my own room (all be it solo) and tried to make it as authentic as the race was and gave myself 2 penalties as happened in the race.
    And here are the results:
    Enforcers winning time - 38:38.024 fastest lap 1:36.29
    My race time - 39:42.596 fastest lap 1:38.96 (you can see why I need help)

Race re-run time - 38:48.971 fastest lap 1:37.37 (which would have been good enough for fourth)

I am not saying that if I had this set up during qualifying and the race that this would have happened (there are too many other variables during a race to make that claim) but there is a marked improvement. I am always able to be pretty consistent with my lap times its just during last nights race I was consistently :):):):)house.

And while I have been able to improve the car somewhat (new set up made the old one feel like the G37) I am still 1+ seconds slower than the times that aussie and snake were able to do, and my fastest lap in my re-run would only have been the sixth fastest of the real race. So any help with tuning on this thing would be greatly appreciated as driving around on your own half a lap behind most of the field ain't much fun. Or maybe I just really suck, either way......

Anyway Congrats to Enforcer up the front, way to fly the flag buddy, sorry I let you down. If I can get my hands on the A4 maybe you could help me out with the set up, but as I'm still in the Benz I don't know how cross dressing set ups will go.

Cheers
  9. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Congrats again Enforcer.

Bit disappointed with my race. Managed 3rd in qualifying, got a great start and moved past Neishy into second only to screw up my braking point into the hairpin after the back straight and go down to 10th... Would have been 11th but Cob must have had a bad start.

Various blunders throughout the race kept me behind the front runners, always a case of "if's and maybe's", losing 20 seconds on the first lap and only finishing 23 seconds behind... Oh well.

Only good points, my team-mate Darko managed to get past Aza on the last lap to take 4th and I go back to standard weight after finishing 6th... Sweet. Bring on the massively long straights of La Sarthe... I better go stretch that gear-box a bit.

:)
  10. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i nearly cost myself the race i got sideways on the last lap halfway through the lap caught it went off the track shortcut penalty which was pretty annoying it should differentiate between involanturary run offs and deliberate cutting but yes cobb i'll give you my audi setup see if that in any way can contribute to you finding pace in the CLK
  11. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    Aero.
    F - 35 / R - 60
    Gears.
    Max Speed - 290.
    1st - 3.239
    2nd - 2.209
    3rd - 1.625
    4th - 1.252
    5th - 1.011
    6th - 0.856
    Final Drive - 3.889
    LSD.
    IT - 15
    AS - 20
    BS - 15
    Suspension.
    ride height - F - 0 / R - 0
    spring rate - F - 14.4 / R - 12.8
    dampers - F - 8 / R - 8
    dampers - F - 8 / R - 8
    anti roll bar - F - 6 / R - 6
    Alignment.
    camber - F - 3.9 / R - 3.0
    toe - F - NEG 0.15 / R - POS 0.05
    Brakes.
    bias - F - 7 / R - 9
    Tyres.
    F - SOFT / R - SOFT

see how that goes cob ive probably just give my speed away but anything for my teamate also someone else wanted to see the settings so here they are
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thanks for doing that for him enforcer, but just note that a lot of times a setting that works on a controller doesnt always suit a steering wheel. But try it and see how ya go, be good to see if it works for the others that were using that car. I know in the passed when i tried enforcers and his m8 paulmac's set up, my car was way to twitchy with the wheel and i burnt my tires out.
  13. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Thanks Enforcer, I'll give it a bash. I'll make you proud of me yet.:D

Cheers
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [h]Leaderboards Updated[/h]

Top 3 drivers championship positions are looking pretty secure but there's several drivers vying for 4th.

The Team's championship on the other hand is still wide open with only 7pts separating the top 3.
    Double A's move up into 4th overall with team points for the round equal to JMSR. NOS just hangs onto it's lead. Other positions remain as they were. ;)

Overall a nice mixup of the podiums from round to round.
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Go Double A's!!!
  16. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

just had a look at the leader board and with enforcer missing next week i have to get third next week to wrap up second spot and keep him quiet about taking my spot. I got 40 less Kg and 20 more Hp, I checked at the end of last race as my car really dropped off the pace in the last few laps and found my car was 20 hp down. Just need Neishy and myself up the front in these next 2 races and we got a good chance of constructor, no thats right we not the only Astras now, I mean team championship. But I think Chev whos now at his max weight and running pretty good at it will make it hard for us to achieve our team dream.
    The word is the other Astra team (the secrete squirrels that they are) might have a top secrete set up thats working for them, the Starco mercs are strong and the double A Audis are no push over either, good season for the first teams event and looking like its anybodies still. My main aim is to shut enforcer out of contention this week , but I really want to beat Aussie, preferably with a base ball bat, but to avoid travelling all that way on the track will do, lol.
  17. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I just turned a few laps with the setup Aussie was using for the Fuji round and realised why I couldn't keep up that's all, I couldn't hold the sort of speed through the turns that you guys were, not to mention brake as late, I ended up with a 35.7 with Aussies setup but was on a lap more than .3 better but hit the kerb on the outside of the last corner and round she went, would've been a 35.4 atleast, possibly 35.3, would've put me in a bit stronger position for the race I reckon, haha!

One thing's for sure, I'll actually put a bit of time in for practicing La Sarthe this week, I really don't want to finish the championship in P9.
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

All good snake just sterin Aussie in the name of team rivalry. I will be doing some laps this week too, didn't do any last week and it showed. Got to get that third and lock in second, need to do a bit for the Sunday race too, only 8 points between me and Stue. The G37 a bit understeery around Suzuka, got into the 212's but need to do more laps yet to get down there consistently. I Haven't even looked at La Sarthe yet, so not sure what times we should be aiming for.
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Might be on tonight, if so will do a bit of both.
  20. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    OK heres the latest, Ive been fiddling with my set up a bit trying to find some speed and managed to make up some ground on the times set by everybody else. Doing most laps at Fuji so I can compare times with those of the last race but also did some at Suzuka which I sort of use as a test track (will have to do some laps at la Sarthe soon, I think I've driven it once so need practice)
    Latest lap times as follows:

Suzuka 1:57.150 (don't know if it's competitve but took a heap off previous best)
    Fuji 1:36.829

Getting faster and hopefully more competitive, can run very consistent times with current set up and seems to look after tires better, however just when I seem to be making inroads into other peoples times Snake and Aussie start cranking out mid 1:35's putting me again 1+ seconds of the pace. I like my current set up as the car is now great to drive and much more predictable so I don't want to change much but can't seem to find that extra second that would get me up there, I don't want to be a pain but anyone got any ideas. If not I understand people not wanting to give their secrets away but I just want to get up there and play with the big boys.

P.S. Sorry I didn't jump in your room yesterday Enforcer, I was on for a bit and then something else got in the way, anyway the Audi setup didn't seem to work for the Benz very well, so I've just been tweaking my own set up bit by bit and making gradual improvements (slow going) but seem to have hit a wall now. Thanks anyway mate.

Cheers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.