GT5 The DTM World Tour Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I like this idea. How does it go in GT5? how much time does it take for all the drivers to complete their 2 laps?
    I think I might do the same for the Fuji Sprint Cup event coming up.
  2. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I like it too Seido; I used the same format when I ran the Spa Sprints.
    I think it works quite well and can shake things up a bit. Spa is a long track so it probably took us between 5-10 minutes to get everyone through.
  3. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah seido and floodsim.
    as for the warm up lap and 1 lap dash works out great there no grey areas for drivers to get the sh*ts,
    as for long tracks like La Sarthe it works even better coz i think sometime captains or hosts don't know when every1 is finished this way who ever is running the room pick muster point that is appropriate, then once every1 this there thats it done and dusted. grid start whether every1 likes it or not.
  4. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah I thought it worked pretty well last night too actually, puts more pressure on you to deliver in qualy too, and like Flood said, it can really shake things up, for example, I ran a pretty tidy lap last night, not at the limit but not far off, was all well and good until the exit of the final chicane leading to the start/finish line, I ran wide onto the dirt on the left, ended up with a 54.1 when it should have been atleast a mid 53, I honestly thought that was going to be enough to cost me the pole, I was sweating out the rest of the session hoping it wouldn't get knocked off, good stuff, creates a tense atmosphere, I'd love to spectate a qualy session run in the shootout style tbh, would be a great watch.
  5. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Congrats to snake and aussie, and sorry to enforcer I let you down mate, however I had great fun last night, stuffed up qualifying by missing my braking mark at the 90 deg right hander at bottom end of the circuit, something I was to repeat a couple of times in race. My fastest race time was about 2 secs off my fastest prac times but I think this is just how it is and I can live with that, either way I was about 6 - 8 secs off the pace so I wasn't looking at a good result at any rate, but the severe penalties and a few offs brought the field back to me for a while and I was having a great old time actually seeing other people on the track, watching darko and stumbles getting all over each other and wobbling about all over the place for about half a lap was hilarious and neishy getteing penalised constantly (it seemed he was getting done just for taking part in the race) was equally funny.... well not for him I suppose.
    Once again much fun was had some would say ball tearing and I guess if I learned anything is that if I don't make stupid mistakes I can nearly keep up and be competitive regardless of prac / qualifying times, besides being at the back is where you see the funny :):):):) go down.

Cheers
  6. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Problem was that Stumbles was the only person on track that i could'nt see so i never knew where he was.

Sorry Stumbles if i ruined your race.
  7. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah you could see it was some sort of glitch going on but it did look funny.
  8. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Nah Darko, didn't ruin my race... I never felt a thing ... lol

Was a good night last night. From being turned around at 250km/h down one of the straights to finishing the race in 3rd (I think), along with various self-inflicted penalties and spins, to my good luck of Chev and Bonus screwing up in the last half of the last lap and letting me slip by.

All 'round, had some fun and got some points.

Bring on Spa.
  9. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Well what a race last night. first thing i will say is top effort to everyone last night some top clean driving by all,
    (besides all the tight penalties which was a bit harsh) and snake well done m8 took pole and drove 99.9% flawless race.
    As for my qually got 4th which i was happy with. (coz it but me behind neishy 2nd bonus 3rd so i could keep an eye on those Bad Astra's to make they stayed in line :lol: ) but it didn't work as i planed it as by the time i got the first straight i went from 4th to 8th with two angry and hungry looking Merc's (cob & darko i think) knocking on my back bumber, and another merc in front of me (stumbles)
    I THOUGHT I WAS IN MERC WORLD :p then by the exit of first chacaine i was dead last :mad: so the 1 - 2 finshed was looking pretty grim at this stage so it was going to take some pretty tight driving from myself as i knew snake had the lead and it would take something big for him to be beaten, so i took a massive breath to stop my blood boiling over and blow a head gasket and then drop it into warp speed and set my sites on getting to the podium. by the time the race was a few laps in i was in the thick of it passing cars left and right, as everyone was getting slammed with penalties, i managed to get back to 3rd with a couple laps to go on the meds.
    snake and bonus was still fight it out up front, then chev and i was running together for a bit which got me abit nervous as i knew chev was always a clean line fast freight train like driver but chev had some weight issues with his car from all the winning from previous races so being the fat b*tch this week and some small mistakes from chev let me off the leash this week, and then chev and bonus into the pits gave me 2nd place behind my lightning fast team mate snake which was 30 odd seconds up the road, so the 1 - 2 finish was in our grasps i just need to make this last lap on my medium tyres to stick and be quick. end of lap 7, snake and i fired into the pits to get our soft on. as snake left the pit he slotted back behind bonus, then my pit crew droped me and then i was off like a dog shot in the arse, coming out just in front of chev which had hot mediums on but i had soft on so i pushed as hard possible hoping that chev couldn't keep up, it worked slow chev droped back. then i had to make up 25 odd secounds to knock bonus out the way to make it a 1 - 2 for The Aussie Battlers it was going to be hard going, but bonus had to pit once more as he doubled up on soft tyres so that put it half in the bag for snake and i.
    so i eased slightly and just made sure i hit the gears right and turn wheel when it needed to be done. bang lap 9 going strong and fast with snake holding 1st by a country mile and me in 2nd with a the whole feild behind me WOW what a feeling of excitement and stress rolled into one. but i held my sh*t together this week and got the silver wear as snake was already drinking the winners champaign and get the gold trophy as he had been there for 40 seconds before me and 1min and 20 or so seconds ahead stumbles which took the final spot on the podium.

what a bloody top race and had the best time ever fighting through the whole pack form last to 2nd. the missus said she has never seen jump up so quick after the 1 - 2 finish not even after sex :lol: :lol:

congrats to snake 1st and pole and stumbles on the hard fight to get to 3rd.
    and to me on getting 2nd :p :p :lol:
    bad to all that got slammed with the so many panalties and bonus on two stop of the right tyres ( a few know that feeling even me )
    anyways top night all cheers

right spa next watch out :p
  10. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Haha, good write up man, everything sort of fell into place for us at La Sarthe, I've come to like the track now, strange that, actually looking forward to running the G37 there on Sunday, but yeah, I reckon we're gonna have a fight on our hands to produce a repeat at Spa though Aussie, but fight we will! Try and salvage a bit of a result from this series, I can see Spa is gonna be a tough one to be consistent though, all that menacing grass, I'll be doing my best to keep clear of that :):):):)!
  11. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah thankx snake, as for Spa the car (our GOOD astra) in getting a full strip down and new setup the one that work so well at La Sarthe is just SH*T, but got it under control, just tweaking gear ratio.
    2.17's - 2.18's at Spa at the moment but i know there is lots more pace up for graps in this astra
    DON'T FORGET 2 Snake you are 40kgs fatter the this weeks DTM race.
  12. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah all under control bud, I'm gonna jump on this arvo for a bit of practice in the G37 and the Astra, don't wanna leave it too late.
  13. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah mate cool as,i have full day of running around and will tr get on, what time you going to be on?
  14. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Ah yes off to Spa for the final battle between good and evil, well good vs bad anyways.
  15. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Probably jump on around 4 for an hour or two aussie.
  16. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    to easy m8 i should able to get on by then and turn some laps and get some more tweaks done on the GOOD astra's.
  17. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    my fastest time at spa in the a4 remains a 2:14.565 hoping for a good race
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'll be on a bit later, maybe 9 till 10:30.
  19. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Aussie you the evil clone Astra's, we the original good guys, you got no one fooled by your we the good guys slogan LOl.
  20. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    yeah I'd have to agree with Bonus here Aussie lol:cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.