GT5 The DTM World Tour Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I haven't driven either yet so it's a mystery to me!

Cob those are some quick times mate, I remember my PB around Suzuka was a 55.9 but the setup I used was too twitchy and I could barely string 2 laps together without a mishap, I ended up toning it way back for the race and settling for mid to high 56's, could've done alright if not for a few offs that cost me some serious time, lack of preparation to be honest.

Aussie wasn't with me when I did that 35.7 at Fuji, nor the "almost" 35.4, I'm not sure what his quickest time was, but if you look at the qualy pace, Enforcer was the only one in the 35's, so besides him you would've been pretty competitive with most of the other guys, can't wait for La Sarthe actually, I plan on taking pole, haha! I'm sure Chev, Enforcer, Bonus and Aussie will have something to say about that, as well as a few of the other guys, but hey, it's gonna be a show!
  2. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    just looked at the points i could still come 3rd even missing le sarthe i just need bonus to disconnect or the next place guy to have a bad round... if i win spa thats 25points i could theoretically get 2nd off bonus but its crucial i do well at spa
  3. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    oh and cobbs m8 did ye try any of my setup work ?? was it of any use to you ??
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey Cob, stick with what you feel is comfortable and then learn the track for that setup. I find if you keep changing the setup to suit a trouble spot of a track you will create other trouble spots. See you all tonight, i be on when i kick my young bloke of Bf3, 7:30ish.

Hey Aussie must be at work i thought i would have had a bite by now.
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm gonna get on tonight, hopefully with Mystline. I wanna do a few laps of Le Sarthe at around 9 pm if anyone is keen.
  6. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I did 4 or 5 laps of La Sarthe last night, can't even remember what times I was getting, should be a fun race though, if you lose contact with the guy in front and break tow your gonna be :):):):)ed tbh, just wondering too, what speed are you guys pulling down the straights without tow?
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Had a run last night as well Snake. Happy to share my data for what it's worth. Top speed for the little Audi was 288kph (full aero). Haven't tried it with less aero. I know others are getting a bit more than that. My best times were in the 58's. And the slipstream will be crucial, it'll be a killer to have an early off and loose the pack.
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Handicaps for Le Sarthe:

Chev 100kg
    Enforcer 80kg (carried to Spa as he will be a non-starter)
    Bonus 50kg
    Darko 40kg
    Anon 20kg

Everyone else is off scratch.
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah 288 sounds about right, with a bit less aero, I think, 20 front and 45 rear I was getting mid 290's, the problem is going to be having enough headroom in 6th for the copious slipstream we'll be getting and not losing too much acceleration in the low end.
  10. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i not at work just been busy as hell with bubs and family,
    as for you BONUS you cheeky pr**k, you'll want a pretty big baseball bat,
    as for on the track catch me if you can i'm gingerbread man.. :p :lol: :lol:
    i've turned a few laps nothing special to brag about, but i could be pissing in ya boots... :lol:

Snake will be on tonight so if you want jump on run some lap and iron out some issues we may have or not have.
    coz i know we have the pace to wrap this race up..
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Ah no doubt about it mate! :p

Yeah the only things that may need fine tuning are the aero and gear ratio's, other than that the car feels pretty good through the entire lap, I'll try to jump on after I've had a feed and get some practice in with ya.
  12. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah sounds good m8, and i'm already all over it like a fat chick at a cake stall, did some laps online about an hour ago,
    i'm pulling 297kmh (301 on a good corner exit) down the first straight with no slipstream and its not topping out yet so gotta get some slipstream happening to see how quick we / i can really go. as for my best lap time on softs i got
    3.54.239 :cool: and can go lower with a couple finer tweaks as that was on last weeks race settings.
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    With you in the 54's & Snake in the 52's it could be a long lonely night in the little Audi's for team Double A. Anyway, tonight's tyre set-ups are:

Medium - Lap 7
    Soft - Lap 6

I ran half a doz laps on both compounds on the W/E, so there should be no need to pit more than once. Penalties will be on so be careful around those chicanes!?!!!?!
  14. Dan701645

Dan701645 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Dan701645
    Hi Anon Was wondering if i'd be able to run with you guys tonight?
  15. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Gonna be interesting making the soft's last 6 laps around here I reckon, really looking forward to the race after missing the Sunday league race last night, I need my fix!!
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No worries Dan, PM sent.

If you don't have a car, there is an Astra in the OCD at the moment.

Given we are racing at Le Sathe, I thought it would be good to lay down a couple of simple rules for the straights:
    Once you have exited the corner and you have established a racing line (you may exit on the traditional line, or exit onto the non-racing line), you may change your line only once as a defensive tactic. ie no swerving down the straight to disrupt the slipstream, and no blocking of cars trying to pass.
    If you have changed your driving line off the racing line, you may move back over onto the racing line to help make the next corner ONLY at the end of the straight & if the car behind is more than 100m (approx) behind you.
    Mic's will be on...use them please. "I'm coming on your right.", "I'll stay left.", simple quick statements that can prevent a prang. It's a long way back if you have a massive off on this track.
    Last rule is let's have some fun please chaps.

See you there!
  17. Dan701645

Dan701645 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Dan701645
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

race Q starts around 9ish. Room is usually open 830ish
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thx Bonus, 9pm Vic/NSW time. 8pm for Qld. Might be a little late tonight lads, still at work. Stumbles/Bonus can you get a room going pleeeeeessse. I'll probably be there right on qual time. Remember qual will be warm up lap and then hot lap, only 1 shot!!
  20. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

beeeeeeeast
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.