2014 F1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Darko, Jan 28, 2014.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    [​IMG]
    They say winners are Grinner's, lol, ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Max verstappen, waaay too young for f1-younger than me
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I mean props to him if he delivers, but the principle is wrong I think, won't even be an adult during first race in the worlds premier racing championship.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    tend to agree, but thats on the basis of never seeing him race....

If you are good enough, you're old enough, but it does seem a big risk.
    I wonder how the self proclaimed, big noting frenchman is feeling today? replaced by a teenager, unless he gets a drive in another team....
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

They must be able to deduce something really special from a kid whos driven single seaters for less than two years though.
    Just seems like a kick in the face to not only graduates that have won feeder categories, but also to the others highly touted for the STR drive, like sainz jr or da costa.
  8. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I agree, but on the other hand, Kimi had only driven something like 23 total races before getting a drive in F1 with Sauber...
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Looking forward to the ric / vettel battle tonight. Should be a cracker, almost as good as Hamilton crashing into rosberg !
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. feenix7

feenix7 Rookie

PSN ID
    feenix777
    Those mercs are so quick compared to the rest of the field.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Surely are, both drivers have the red mist at the moment so I am predicting fireworks.
    JonoStan96 and Crunch like this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Holy crap you foreshadowed the race perfectly!
    Crunch likes this.
  13. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Ricciardo's a champion.

And I might as well begin the continued commentary on Mercedes: a clash together on track was imminently inevitable, and frankly I think the collision itself and the repercussions are less important than the further proof that Lewis doesn't have the proper mentality. I remember reading an article last year about the fact that he is weakminded; every race in which Lewis finds himself in similar circumstances, he gives up psychologically. That's why I'm a Rosberg fan. He's a professional.
    SuiCid3 and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hamilton is just a twat trying too hard to be a gangsta, his focus clearly isn't on driving or the championship. I've never seen a driver who thinks they are that entitled to the championship like Lewis, and we had to deal with the crappy Vettel era, so that says a lot. And the fact that Rosberg was booed is a disgrace. It takes the light off what was a masterful drive from Dan. But who cares, Lewis gets all da dollarz and 'll be hippin and hoppin with :):):):)zinga tonight fo'schizzle!
    Crunch likes this.
  16. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm not a fan of Rosberg or Hamilton, but Rosberg opened a huge can of worms tonight. Any driver (especially a professional) knows that there is absolutely no chance of making a passing move stick around the outside into Les Combes.
    Rosberg should've got out of it a lot earlier and his 'attempt' really smacks of a guy who is trying too hard to put pressure on his team mate. The way Lewis reacted was quite petulant, but I think he was justified in being a bit annoyed.

Ricciardo was just sublime. Alonso was impressive with his never say die attitude and Kimi had a decent race.
    I'm looking forward to what Bottas and Massa can do at Monza though...should be very interesting as that Williams is very slippery down the straight!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I don't think I ever recall a past WDC give up the way Hambone did last night... or I'm not old enough to remember..
    I like to think it's the latter.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Can someone ask Lewis to give the earrings he gave his mum last Xmas back ......
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I think the Merc thing is such a sideshow. I am biased, but it shows how much of class act Webber is. He had this going on for 4 seasons and even though we all knew it was happening, he rarely dropped his guard in front of the camera and always came across as the bigger person in his battles with Vet. Ros and Ham, I mean, who comes out looking good here??? Neither of them, one arrogant and self-serving, the other a whinging prima donna??

As always, Alonsa is a class act, how good was Bottas vs Vet, and we barely saw Ric cause he did the hard work early and drove like a champ to win it. All we are hearing about is Mercedes, bugger them, show me the battle between 5th and 8th again over those last laps - that's why I watch racing.
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Probably because they are both prima donnas who've been spoon fed their entire careers.
    I'm biased as well, but MW is a man's man who worked his arse off to get where he did.