2014 F1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Darko, Jan 28, 2014.

1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Wow im genuinely surprised at the Hamilton hate, given rosbergs actions. I can only imagine how much it would be blown out of proportion if the roles were switched.
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I have nothing against him as an F1 driver, I just don't like him in general lol

Edit: In saying that, Hambone handled the post race interview REALLY well.

Toto is PISSED lol
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Wow... crash.net are reporting that Rosberg did it on purpose. :confused:
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    It's been confirmed he said he did it 'to prove a point'.
    The PR version is that he didn't want to be seen to concede a fight so easily against Lewis.
    The truth is probably more like his hot little head couldn't take it that Lewis absolutely destroyed him off the line and he would try anything, even a completely ridiculous move around the outside of Les Combes, in order to get back in front.

Rosberg seems to have this feeling of pressure from Lewis, even though in reality, Lewis is the one with the pressure.
    If he doesn't cool it and take a calmer approach, he'll find himself on the wrong side of some drive through penalties or similar, which could end up costing him a world title.
    Crunch likes this.
  5. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Perfect summation along with Anon's post just before.

In terms of Mercedes 'personalities', it's all about who looks like they want it more. Hamilton hasn't been thirsty enough all year. Rosberg taking silly chances and contesting Hamilton on the outside seems far more sporting than the stuff that I am told Senna and Schumacher used to pull, and I don't need to convince you of their motorsport status.

Even if Rosberg did (though I don't think for a second he did) deliberately cause a yellow flag at Monaco qualifying, how is it any different to the conspiracies of the past? History will always be kinder to the victor, and Rosberg has a firm hand on the championship trophy now.

EDIT: I reckon the media could do better sometimes, lol. Check out the awkwardness at the end of this: Not a single question about the fact that Ricciardo won the Grand Prix, and Vettel qualified in front of him and lost out. Things are truly strange when I found myself cheering on Sebastian Vettel to come 5th at the end, I must say.

EDIT2: I'm gonna start placing bets on Ricciardo to win stuff. $21 for him to win championship and $10 to win at Monza on sportsbet.com.au. I could be rich on those odds.
    I mean, I have a $20 note sitting in my draw that isn't doing anything. It could be a nice little earner - $10 on Monza and $10 on the championship. Sillier things have happened, without double points... =/
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    My opinion im gonna throw in was that lewis could have perhaps not shut the door on nico as much as he did, it wasnt the exact line that he was on, he was too the left, however for sure rosberg shoulda pulled back or hey, look to your left, theres run off for a reason he had his chances to bail too
    Crunch likes this.
  7. 125AT

125AT Rookie

All these drivers know that a front wing edge is like a blade to a tyre in the right place, especially said tyre under load. And that is exactly what happened. A blown tyre + slow lap time back to pits VS a winglet issue and or front wing replacement at next pit stop is most favourable indeed to be the latter. A bonus level up is when a team member drives at stupid speeds with a blown tyre to pits destroying body parts leading to destroyed aerodynamics, DOH.

Lewis is a whingy :):):):):), alas, he has rights to be a whingy :):):):):) this time around although I hate his gansta wanna-be lifestyle. The money I admire, not his personality.

It is almost true to form every time a team cars has an edge over others cars that the team drivers have their own internal battle that just seems petty. However, at speeds that they are doing at the time, petty issues can come second place to pure instinct. That instinct in drivers range from whingy :):):):):)es that give up after a set back to Michael Schumacher brilliance, maybe not so much with a certain Mr. Hill, to umm, lets cut that :):):):)s tyre with my winglet knife and LOL.

The above may or may not be influenced by honey whisky. It's classified.
    Crunch and stucar17 like this.
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Thoughts for Monza? I hope the RBRS have similar speed to Spa and can throw the mercs a challenge
  9. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    I think it'll be a 3 way battle between Merc, RBR and Williams! Hoping DR3, Rozzy and Bo77as go well ;)
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Nah Seb is the way to go, defending champ can't count him out! Cmon Sebastian Ve1tel.....
    Randm90 likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Crunch and SuiCid3 like this.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Can't see Redbull being competitive here, at Spa they took advantage of their good chassis to run minimum wing to get ahead, at Monza Speed is everything, and with all the teams running minimum wing Redbull are going to lack the straight line speed, they will probably run the lowest wing of anyone on the grid at Monza but even at Spa they where only equalling the Mercs top speed with significantly less wing.

Also the top speeds will be interesting here, the Turbos have been pushing much more power then expected, they may hit 370km/h.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Red Bull ran a high wing last season at Monza didn't they? Or maybe 2012? Still won the race...
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    More to do with engine now since the Turbos are more unequal then the V8s.
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Will be interesting to say the least.
    Apart from Mercedes dominance, this year is shaping up to be wildcards being thrown everywhere.
    Randm90 likes this.
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Why is qualifying coverage taking so long to end??

I think Rosberg is subconsciously playing mindgames, lol.

Just the way he asked about being tenths down from Hamilton like he didn't give a stuff. Sounds as if he's working on insecurities that he might know that Hamilton had the better aerodynamics for sector2, but could get blown away in the race by Rosberg.

We'll find out tomorrow!
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I honestly felt that was one of the worser races we've had this year, there was next to nothing exciting, maybe except Jenson v Checo, but otherwise jeez what a snooze fest!!
    Randm90 likes this.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I agree, it was one of the weakest all yar, but look at it differently: it's probably on par with every race of 2013. Ricciardo v Vettel was in there too. Just when I was thinking for the first time all year Vettel had legitimately bested Ricciardo, he got trumped. Crazy!! They qualified so differently, and had two different grid starts, yet still Ricciardo comes on top due to pit strategy. Debate is that Vettel pitting early ensured Ricciardo came back, so all in all, Red Bull's weekend turned out very well indeed.
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Not trying to jump on the conspiracy train here, but i might be as im a seb fan, i wonder if Dan is getting strategy priority in the bulls garage because he is there last hope at a 5th straight drivers title...
    Randm90 likes this.
  20. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Beau, Honestly, I think you're bang on there!