2014 F1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Darko, Jan 28, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  2. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    lol! I don't want to be mean, but by God, Maldonado's always given me the creeps... lol

That was a killer race, made more epic by the fact that I stayed up all night for it. So many times when I was gasping.

You know, for a season dominated by one team, I am still very much enjoying each race as they come.
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah, Maldonado has no business driving an F1 car.
    I recorded the race and watched it this morning, the last part if the race was great.
    Even though it looks like it wasn't Massa's fault, it was a desperate move to make and cost him good championship points.
    Ricciardo was awesome, getting better every race!
    Anon666 likes this.
  4. SamCham1095

SamCham1095 Rookie

Everyone seems to be forgetting about this. Anyway, now that Chilton has finally crashed and hasn't got a record to preserve, he might start showing some pace.

chilton.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    So boys, thoughts on whose gonna take Austria? As a Red Bull fanboy I gotta put faith in my bulls but I cant help but feel it will be lewis in the Merc :(
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Merc have the pace, just got to hope they have mechanical issues again. Go Ric!!
  7. SamCham1095

SamCham1095 Rookie

I think it will be Nico honestly but it will be very close.
  8. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Or Nico and Louis will take each other out ;)
    Crunch and t_b_williams like this.
  9. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Looks like the podium interviewer came straight off the set from Weird Al's 'Tacky' music video...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    He sounded like Dr Richtofen from CoD Zombies lol
    SamCham1095 and Crunch like this.
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

my dislike for massa is growing stronger race by race, mr whingey
  12. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Agreed. Especially given he was in the wrong.
    Anon666 likes this.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Massa is driving like how he did on Debut for Sauber, If i where Williams i would Hire Button Next year as I think he is on the way out at Mclaren and he can finish where he started.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hmmm I disagree, I'd chuck Susie Wolff in, she was very close to Massa's pace in FP1, and having a female driver in a top line seat could be a potential goldmine for sponsorship.
    Crunch likes this.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Nah She will suck, She was backmarker in DTM for the entire 6 Years she was there her only good performance was in Formula Renault UK where she came 5th but scored half the points of her Team mate, i reckon she was running low fuel for her run in Germany, plus shes old.

Simona De Silvestro is a much better Female driver, Atleast she was half decent in a crappy team in indycar.
  16. zampli

zampli Team Driver

17. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm probably alone here, but I like Massa. He's been through a lot in his career and was a bee's knob away from being world champion in 2008 (deserved it more than Lewis in my opinion). He's had a bad patch recently but he's still quick, he can still race and has a heap of experience, something Williams need at the moment.
    Button is passed it I think, he should give it up at the end of the year.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The thing is though, Button has way more points then Massa in a far inferior car, he was never a good qualifier but he can haul the points in on sunday. Last year was the same against Perez.
    Crunch likes this.
  19. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I agree with your premise, though I have to think that Massa is just not a top-tier driver. For sure, he's good and fast, but when we compare him to others, he's very consistently making the errors and not shining. The biggest example of late is Montreal, where his passing skills and general racing during 'the cut and thrust' at the end of the race was nowhere near on par with Ricciardo, who is demonstrating - has demonstrated - that he's one of the best out there this season. Bottas is getting more points because he's taking it easy and has everything to gain. I think Massa just feels the pressure because this season is the first for a while where his car is excelling (though I still think the 2010-2011 Ferrari was capable).

Basically, he's past his prime and it shows.

As for Button, I've never kept a super close eye on him, but the way the biased BBC-Sky reporters talk about him, he's probably still a decent driver capable of great results for McLaren. I see no reason for McLaren to dump him as you suggest because McLaren hardly have the bartering power at the moment for another driver. They don't need funds, so I'm sure they're content with both a rookie and a veteran.
  20. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I think Montreal was all Perez. Massa made a decent dive and Perez was asleep.