2014 F1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Darko, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ricciardo went so good in the end because he wasn't losing any time on old tyres at the end of the first stint, where everyone else where losing huge time in there final stint when Ricciardo had new boots.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

What conspiracy, they admitted they played aggressive with vettel in regards to the mclarens, Dan was going slower than vettel until vettel pitted, then he picked up pace into low 29s whereas he was doing mid to high 29s till lap20
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    [​IMG]
    Crunch and SuiCid3 like this.
  4. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I just couldn't pass this up. I thought the comparison was too funny!

[​IMG]
    Motors560, JonoStan96 and Stumbles like this.
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    For all the hype it was quite the boring race!! Seb never really had the chance against the merc :( But what a drive from JEV in the dying laps!
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Rumours still persisting that Ferdy is going back to McLaren...
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

l8rs vettel, bring in the RIC/RBR era :D :D
    sorta wishing it was alonso to rbr not kvyat, wonder who takes the other str seat? like to sainz jr in there, hard done by with the verstappen deal
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

God reading some fb comments about vettel leaving, so cringy, so much oz bias and dumb comments.they've been asking vettel to go to another team, he finally does it after a scrappy year at rbr and still can't please them
  9. aussief1

aussief1 Rookie

PSN ID
    aussief1
    Honda want a big name and Fernando is their big name. If the dyno numbers are good for Honda 2015 ICE then he'll be there, this rumour has been given new empahsis with news SV will be at Marenello in 2015. Fernando would have been annoyed that Kimi was signed for 2014 it would have been a sign of lack of trust in him to lead the team forward, along with Felipe of course ha ha.
  10. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    If you offend easy, please don't read this. I just need to vent exactly what I think, as rationally as I possibly can.

In all honesty, I'm utterly disgusted. It's no coincidence that the very moment I saw Sutil's crash and the stupid tractor thing come out, I started yelling to my father in the next room, 'they can't possibly have that thing out there without a SC!'

SC deployment has been stupid all season. We've seen them very infrequently. There seems to be a want for the FIA to avoid them if they can, and let marshals on with their stupid tractors. I don't know where this anti-SC sentiment comes from. I enjoy SCs. It groups the field up when the field is strung out. It gives a great shake-up to the race. I was disgusted at the beginning of the race when we were held for so long, and for the second time this year (and has happened in previous years) the race was held back beyond wet tyre weather and into intermediate tyre weather. That just demonstrates how conservative they are in holding the SC. I agree with a commenter on another site who says that we should rename the wet tyre to the 'SC tyre', because anytime they come out, so does a SC. Why does the tyre even exist then? Why not have a single wet tyre that has the water clearing capacity in between the current wet weather tyres? Race control easily brings out SC when some car debris is on the track to be cleared. Yet, when there is a moderate crash in atrociously wet weather at a dangerous corner, they can easily jeopardise marshals' and drivers' lives. Disgusting.

Here's where I get controversial:
    It was the crash that was bound, and needed to happen.
    There's a reason Martin Brundle was so speechless; he knew that's the exact corner in extremely similar circumstances that happened poignantly 20 years ago - the story he has so often remarked. I'm disgusted that it could happen again, after all the similar accidents concerning the low-strung cars going underneath things.

Offendable people, please avoid this especially - I've linked in case anyone wishes to know how bad this is:
    http://im.mtv.fi/image/4383910/land...1f1911449549/nf/jules-bianchi-2014-japani.jpg

I wish Jules Bianchi an incredible recovery, and I give him my greatest blessings.
    Because unfortunately, I just don't think he's going to recover. I just don't think he's going to make it. I can't be sure of course, but there's going to be much bigger mourning than this. And we're already shocked and in pain right now.

Just because I've been writing my public policy essay - this is, as academics would say, the critical juncture. The turning point in terms of policy. This needs to shape how policy is composed, and unfortunately it's come too late. This needs to be laid at the feet of the FIA, Charlie and Bernie.

A very sad day for Formula1. A day we all thought wouldn't eventuate in modern Formula1.
    aussief1, JonoStan96 and garyw61 like this.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Double Wave yellows do nothing, it's basically the same thing as Germany with Sutils car being in the middle of the track and you had marshals within meters of cars at racing speed, completely dangerous.

Only difference is now someone has been seriously injured under it.

Don't like to play the finger pointing game but this one kinda was asking for it, it's the biggest hole in the safety regs at present and the only thing I have had an issue with since they brought in the double waved yellows.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I remember back in 2007 I think it was at the Nurburgring when it was absolutely torrential rain and the cars were aquaplaning and spinning like tops down into turn 1. I thought we'd have an almighty accident there as about 3 or 4 cars went pirouetting into the fence with those cranes hanging around.

I agree that something needs to be done, but saying this accident needed to happen is a bit much. I think if a car had gone off and been damaged by hitting a crane or something similar that would have been enough, but a driver being critically injured is NEVER needed for any reason.
  13. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I remember the vids of that Lee, looked crazy
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yeah needed is not something you want to hear, after that Nurburgring Race in 2007 FIA has really Clamped down on Rain races and basically has forced it be inter level before starting the race.

if You watch the footage again you will see Liuzzi almost hitting a Tractor in the same fashion as Bianchi only to be saved by the sand which slowed him down enough.

This issue for me.personally is to.do with Double Waved Yellows, Tractors and cranes should't be allowed on the race area when drivers are still at race speed, and hopefully this gets sorted now.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Video of the crash(warning its bad): http://gfycat.com/HiddenSleepyIceblueredtopzebra

Im surprised he is still alive at current because that looks fatal, im sure his head hit that wheel which doesn't look survivable.

Yellows where not even waved it was a green flag.

im surprised the workers managed to escape without injury, because that is dangerous as hell.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  16. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Dear God, that is so much worse than I thought. And you can clearly see the green flag being waved, that is a horrible accident.
  17. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I'm going out of my way to NOT watch vision of the crash. I've heard the nature of the incident, that's enough for me.
    Prayers for Jules.
  18. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm surprised his head is still attached to his shoulders, that was extremely brutal to watch.
    There needs to be some sort of action here. Would F1 be so political to NOT take action against the circuit owner (Honda) in case it sours their return to the sport?
    #ForzaJules
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    what for, the Stewarding is completely FIA's control.
  20. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The marshalls are provided by the circuit owner, the ultimate responsibility rests with the FIA, but they'd never admit fault!