Bruce Hale Racing Discussion (BHR)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mustafur, Aug 7, 2014.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hey guys, I just heard from killerCarl, he has broken his wrist in an unfortunate incident yesterday and highly unlikely to be racing tomorrow night, will put him out for the rest of the season I would say. Damn shame for him as he had div 6 championship sewn up this season.
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

That sucks. Hope all is ok. Killer's a big loss not only for BHR but NLR as well considering our 2 div 6 drivers are no shows. His loss just gifts torana and RZR another position which when at the front of the field is an extra 3-5 points per week.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  3. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Just had an update from Killer, he is planning on racing tonight with a busted wrist, he's gonna go the one arm bandit in auto mode just to get some points for the team. Now that's dedication! Good luck to everyone tonight, I actually got a practice run in with Vardz during the week so if the stars align I will make the grid tonight and may not come last but I will be bringing my bucket and spade just in case.
    Just remember to keep it clean and on the black stuff tonight, if you haven't read Stu's memo as yet please do so in your div thread, heavy penalties will apply for running drivers off road and we don't want to be a part of that. If we sacrifice a bit of speed for consistency we can bag another bunch of points tonight and stay at the pointy end of the championship table.

Go BHR!
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  4. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    i'm good with that maybe @CobMcCool should set a lobby to do so......... being the boss and all
  5. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Hi guys
    Just had a quick practise , just wondering if you can you race in automatic ?
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Yes auto is fine mate....can't even begin to imagine driving this track with one arm! Nice effort!
    Footlong_warrior and SPL Racing like this.
  7. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hi guys so how did we all go last night? I know that Div 1 had some major issues and Beau was the big loser out of it all. Killer put in a momentous effort and put it on pole with one arm and backed it up with a second place finish. Div 3 had Joe and I starting towards the back of the grid, I was last again but not too far off the pace this week, the first lap was like a traffic jam.

I was sitting behind Joe who was being held up by some slower traffic ahead so I tried to give him plenty of space he and blindman got tangled up and ran off into the dirt, gifting me a couple of spots. I managed to keep it on the black stuff as others ran off around me and I managed to get up into fifth place (up to second place before I pitted which was a bit of a confidence boost) I managed to stay out in front of Joe and blindman after our first stops but they were catching me hand over fist.

I tried to let Joe through as he had much better pace but I didn't want to let Blindman through as well but everytime I left space for Joe I was nudged up by blindman and made it hard for him to get through. I managed to hold them both off for another lap until I came onto the main straight where a rejoining WTF pulled out in front of me after running off and I slammed into the back of him giving me a 3 second penalty and I just watched the 3 of them drive off into the distance.

It took a lap or two to get my rhythm back but by then I was way behind and playing catch up, I did two stops SS,SS,SM and caught WTF eventually whom pulled over and let me by straight away to redress the earlier incident. He wouldn't pass me even though he had chances to as a sign of apology but as I was on the mediums I had very little grip and was fighting to stay on track. I got the faintest of bumps from him around the final sweeper which was enough to turn me around. HE pulled over and parked his car after this and sent me a long PSN message apologizing for ruining my race.

Joe had got up to third but on the last corner of the last lap I saw Joe limping around the edge of the track and with such little grip left I tried to downshift to third to turn tighter but ended up sideswiping him before the apex. He must have quit soon after this as he ended as a DSC even though he only had a couple of hundred metres to go to the chequered flag. I'm sorry Joe if I caused any drama for you in the race.
  8. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    dont mention how i went off at the first corner 2 times and rounded you up 3 times ;)
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Couldn't race due to people being in the wrong room and filling the spots up so i couldn't join, not happy at all because my internet was going alright
    SPL Racing likes this.
  10. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    That's our little secret Pykey :) I had no grip on the meds at the end and was sliding all over the shop. I hope wtf doesn't feel too bad, I tried to say "it's ok mate, :):):):) happens" in the lobby but it came up as ********** like I was abusing him.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  11. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Beers - check
    practice done (6hrs?) - check
    router reset - check
    Engine rebuild done - check
    Aim for a top five finish - check
    Two pit stop strategy - check
    All drivers visible on track - check
    Qualify mid pack - check
    Give racing room to the great drivers beside me - check
    Stay on track as best you can. - check
    Hang on to 3rd place to the last lap - check

Ok, looking good! ...errrr...did I miss something...?
    Oh yeah....How about enough :):):):)ing fuel for the last 1/2 of the lap of the :):):):)ing race - you stupid twat!!
    Rage quit

Nothing to do with you SPL.....was a perfect end to my race.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    So, what would the result be then, would that make you 10th?, I'm guessing all the others completed the full distance except Oblisc.
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

WTF_MAN parked it and didn't complete the full 34 laps according to gary's results
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That would put Joe ahead of WTF, if @garyw61 can confirm this I will change the table.
  15. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I should have pushed you home like Mostert and Frosty at Surfers if I had of known it was fuel
  16. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, was devastated for you Joe when I realised what had happened to you :(

@emmo46 - yes, joe definitely completed more laps than WTF, so should get P9
  17. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I don't want to steal any of Cob's Thunder as I know how much we all love reading his weekly wrap ups and subsequent rant on what ever is grinding his gears for the week that was. But I just wanted to highlight the fact that that although we may have slipped back a spot in the teams championship we are the ONLY team that has has had 4 consecutive rounds of 100 points or more. Well done team, well done!
    WAC and Footlong_warrior like this.
  18. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    NLR is the only team to have not gone backwards week on week. Couldn't resist :p
    SPL Racing likes this.
  19. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    The force is strong in this one :)
  20. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok, critters this weeks stuff.

Div 1
    BeauAlbert6 - 11th (net fixed, ready to go, couldn't get into room due to stickybeaks)
    Div 2
    CobMcCool - 4th (best result of the season, wrong strategy but probably still would've got same result)
    Damo-Heato - 7th (good pace, but too much time in the bunkers)
    Crunch - DNS (biddies stole Ethernet cable, remember to pay board or face the consequences)
    Div 3
    SPL_Racing - 8th (bit of a messy race, but still got home)
    TTR-Joe90 - 9th (sitting in 3rd on last lap, then ran out of fuel, aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!)
    Div 4

Tanktex - 2nd (bounces back magnificently, from last weeks disappointment)
    Sparklehead83 - DNS (a bit of a shame after last weeks great result)
    DekGT5Mad - DNS (may still have real life problems to deal with)
    Div 5
    Stiffsht - 2nd (another awesome showing hasn't finished worse than 2nd so far)
    Footlong_warrior - 12th (can't have been much fun)
    Div 6
    Killercarlcox69 - 2nd (can't keep a good man down, broken wrist, driving one armed and auto still bags 2nd)
    Colin-50 - DNS (seems to have been lost to Assetto Corsa)

Joker for this round was Damo-heato which didn't go quite as planned.

Not our best week, but with 4 DNS and Joe running out of fuel, we were a bit limited in what we could achieve. However we still got some great results, with 3 podiums and a 4th across the 6 Divs.
    I must say that Beau was mightily unfortunate, and the reason for his inability to enter the room was not cool, so lets hope it never happens again. Maybe, due to the inherent instability of the rooms and the PSN in general, it's not such a good idea to jump into rooms just to watch. We all know that people going in and out of rooms can cause issues, just last night two people left a room I was in and I just got sucked out with them, if this happened during a race I would be suitably pissed off.
    Hats off to Killercarl for being the ultimate team player, could have sat out the round with a broken wrist but still turned up and equalled our best result for the week, outstanding commitment to the cause, also to Tank for showing perseverance can pay off, after last weeks debacle.
    It looks like last weeks crack of the whip worked with no protests, and very little if any complaints about driving standards, hopefully this can continue and all can remain peaceful in ROOZ land, which means I've got nothing to rant about and this weeks deal is short and sweet.
    Any strategy and joker suggestions would be greatly appreciated via PM.
    Lets bounce back boys, we've got the team to do this, all we need is a little luck to go our way.
    Cheers