Bruce Hale Racing Discussion (BHR)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mustafur, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Righto chaps, the breakdown for Round 2 goes like this: (sorry about the delay was waiting for Div 1 to be sorted)

Div 1
    BeauAlbert6 - 10th (unfortunately spudded into our former captain AND a DSC)
    Div 2
    Damo-Heato - 5th (way to fly the flag in Div 2, thanks buddy)
    Crunch - 13th (was fast enough to get a better result)
    CobMcCool - 14th (DSC before the end of the first lap after qualifying 4th)
    Div 3
    SPL_Racing - 10th (no prac for obvious reasons but still turned up to race)
    TTR_Joe90 - 13th (DSC on the starting grid)
    Div 4
    DekGT5Mad - 4th (first race of the season and a good result)
    Tanktex - 6th (a good consistent result and valuable points)
    Sparklehead83 - 11th (DSC on lap 10)
    Div 5
    Stiffsht - 2nd (another excellent result)
    Footlong_warrior - 7th (a fair result on a difficult track)
    Div 6
    Killercarlcox69 - 1st (pole, fastest lap again, our best result for the week)
    Colin-50 - 9th (unfortunate DSC after a great result last week)

Joker for this round was Killercarl who got us the maximum return for the round thanks buddy

Firstly I have to say I'm immensely proud, for the first time we had 100% attendance and the value of that is clear with this weeks points in the teams championship, for even though the PSN/PD gods conspired to bugger us up with 5 (yes count them 5) DSC's out of the 13 drivers we still managed to get the 3rd most points for the week and hang on to 2nd in the Championship. I know getting DSC'd can be very frustrating but don't get disheartened, it won't happen every week so please stick with it. Hopefully this means we've had our quota of DSC's and network shenanigans for this season and it will be plain sailing from here on in (touch wood).
    The lastest mail has it that we won't have our sole Div 1 driver Beau this week due to modem/network issues so hopefully we can get enough good results to cover the loss.
    This week we need to consider the consequences of contact (however slight) going through high speed corners, like the first corner and the turn at the end of the back straight at Silverstone, as we are belting through these turns at a pretty high speed this tends to put a high lateral load on the car and make the inside wheels of the car very light, meaning it only takes slight contact from a car on the inside line on the car on the outside to send it flying off track ruining someone else's race and resulting in a penalty ruining your race, it may be better in this situation if you do have a better run through the corner to not try and stick your nose up there and get through on the fast corner, but be patient and carry the extra speed through the corner, get along side after the corner and make the pass (cleanly) at the following corner. This might minimise some dramas at this track which will be a bastard for this sort of thing. That being said if there is room you should by all means go for it, but just be aware of the consequences if there is contact and it all goes pear shaped.

Keep up the attendance guys, it's bloody awesome.

Cheers

3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    0 I can do about that sadly :/ Im using schools internet atm btw, but yeah im not happy about it, first ever ROOZ race ill miss since starting back in S2 in the mclarens :/ Hopefully you guys can recover for me, I was on for a epic result at laguna, pace to put myself P4 but never got a great lap in quali, then when mustafur spun and rejoined on circuit he never ghosted and he wandered onto the racing line where I was side by side with another person :/ Sorry guys but good luck for Silverstone!!! BHR FTW
    Stiffsht and SPL Racing like this.
  4. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Well written again boss
    SPL Racing likes this.
  5. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
  6. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Hey foot hows the wife
  7. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    she's good mate she still thinks i'm turning her into a nun lol
    SPL Racing likes this.
  8. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    How did we all do this weekend?
    I guess Cob was in a world of pain with that elbow?
    I managed to actually get into the lobby this time - Race 1 - 7th Race 2 - 2nd
    SPL Racing and Footlong_warrior like this.
  9. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    race 1 : 4th---- race 2 : 11th i'm really happy with race one not so much for race 2
  10. WAC

PSN ID
    Good stuff...you got good points getting higher in race 1. also a lot harder to get pass people without taking them out in the reverse grid race .

I'm struggling to enjoy practicing at Willow at the moment..that's a lot of sand out there!
  11. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I'm glad that all of us are getting under the 1:10 barrier, all other teams should just give up trying........ Wink......Wink......Nudge.....Nudge.....
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  12. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok, dudes this weeks results and rant.

Div 1
    BeauAlbert6 - DNS (suffering internet woes may be out for season)
    Div 2
    Damo-Heato - 1st (FL + Pole + win awesome display)
    CobMcCool - 8th (net gremlins race 1, unwanted prostate exams race 2)
    Crunch - DNS (too much study makes Crunch forget to race)
    Div 3
    TTR_Joe90 - 5th (good comeback from last weeks DSC)
    SPL_Racing - 10th (no time for practice but turns up to race and gets us valuable points)
    Div 4

Sparklehead83 - 5th (best result for us yet, knew he'd get there)
    Tanktex - 12th (had a rotten time of it, hopefully standards improve)
    DekGT5Mad - DNS (important reason for not starting, hope all is good)
    Div 5
    Stiffsht - 1st (got pole and won both races, dominant performance)
    Footlong_warrior - 4th (more consistency, and good points)
    Div 6
    Killercarlcox69 - 3rd (probably drive of the week, started both races from the rear and only missed 2nd by half a point)
    Colin-50 - DNS (with the state of the Div 6 room, don't know if DNS or DSC but looks like DNS)

Joker for this round was Killercarl again who, if not for stupid PSN glitches would have given us maximum return.

Great news, no DSC's this week but that's not saying that network issues didn't have an effect on some races, though overall it was a pretty successful week with a couple of good wins, a podium (which should have been a win, damn you PD) and some good consistent results. Unfortunately we had four DNS this week for legitimate reasons and hope that all can make it back for this weeks race, although it does look like we may have lost Div 1 driver Beau for the season due to internet issues. So, for the second season in a row we're going to have to do this without any Div 1 points, which makes the failure to get Mustafur back even harder to swallow, but it's out of our hands and we must move on. That being said, if we do well or even win the teams championship it will be a huge credit to the rest of us in the lower Divs for overcoming this handicap.
    Congrats to Stiff and Damo on their wins, I was trying to let Damo through in race 2, (these things need indicators) but no harm done, he still bagged the win for the round.
    Hopefully the standard of driving starts to improve this week, as some of us are starting to tire of all the rubbish that seems to have crept in, maybe with all the new faces that have jumped on board in recent times maybe it was going to be a bit of a headache until everyone found their feet, however there is no excuse for not knowing the ROOZ rules and regulations, they are simple easy to follow and easily located, and cover everything you need to know from driving standards to behavioural standards and everything in between, I'm not saying that anyone in this team has any problems with this, but I do ask you all to refresh yourselves with the rules and regs, if you haven't done so already so if anything does go pear shaped we'll know how to deal with it and know what we're talking about. Also please be aware that sometimes additional rules can be applied to deal with circumstances at a particular track, usually referring to track limits so be on the lookout for these also, although this won't be a problem this week, if you're off track you're gooooooone. Stu summed it all up this week in his post in all Div threads so I think we should all be aware of what's going on.
    But I think as far as all that goes we've been OK with no real controversy to speak of, so lets keep it that way and win this thing cleanly with no protests for or against us, and just quietly go about the business of building points, and while you may get dudded from time to time, and things can go south pretty quickly and frustration can set in, don't give up, just keep going as best you can, you never know what is going to happen through the course of a race, and things can turn around which can benefit you greatly which won't happen if you quit, all points are good points no matter how small.

So thanks for the results guys, I think we got a pretty good points haul and we're travelling along quite nicely.

Please, any Joker and Strategy suggestions through the normal channels (PM)

Cheers

13. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Extremely well written boss , ever thought of running for parliament .:roflmao:
    SPL Racing likes this.
  14. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Nah mate, too honest to be a politician
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  15. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Well what can I say
    Nothing
    Im back to make a menz for the team
    Wont happen again
  16. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    lol:thumbsdown: nothin needed bro ..... "So what happen?:roflmao::roflmao: anyhow! stiffsht!! good luck sunday fellas:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    WAC likes this.
  17. WAC

PSN ID
    Good one Cob. great words of encouragement. this next race is the hardest one of the season I feel. just keep it on the track
    (Easier said than done)!
    Killercarlcox69 and Stiffsht like this.
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Alright so looks like i may be able to race again now after some banter with my internet company, so hopefully my minuscule points in D1 can help us out a bit, hopefully i stay here for next season, get some D2 points :p
    WAC and SPL Racing like this.
  19. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Ok guys can you feel the love
    Let's go BHR Let's go ;);)
    SPL Racing likes this.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    We need to get all of us in a lobby at some point for a team photo!! Anyone for before the race on Sunday? Ideas to how we should do it?
    Footlong_warrior likes this.