Bruce Hale Racing Discussion (BHR)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mustafur, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    all of that is fine to me @CobMcCool ......... i'll have to get everyone's psn name so i can add you to my friends list (be friends with team mates and your div is the way i see it) .............. and are we going to have a team meeting before the race starts?
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  2. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great start to the season for BHR with with wins in div 5 & 6, well done killer and stif and tank for P2. protests are pending from div3 and TTR_joe may move up to P1 if upheld. I had a shocker with a pit glitch taking me out of the race on my first stop so I had a DNF.
    Stiffsht likes this.
  3. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Thought i had cocked that right up last night....entered quali late due to answering messages and friend requests...stuffed up
    first run and only had time for 1 more lap which got me into 3rd until Seth crossed the line with 10sec remaining to push me to 4th.
    Ok off the line but put a wheel in the dirt on lap 1 and flat spotted all 4 tyres as i spun off track, dropping me way down the order.Same lap Blindman bounced off the right hand kerb knocking Serg into the sand (protesting being lodged)
    Tried using the tyre strategy discussed but in my desire to squeeze that faction more speed into the pit i accidently
    selected the same tyres and a full tank!!..so had to run the second set up to lap 20 then change to mediums for the final
    run to the line.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yep, my first race in Div 1 was as I expected :/ I got smashed :'( Brang home P9 but not sure I could do much better for the rest of the season, all these circuits don't work for me :(
  5. WAC

PSN ID
    Ok thought I might sneak a P1 but the protest has not been upheld so P2 will have to do :)
    SPL Racing likes this.
  6. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    You drove a great race, once I DSC'd I watched you driving to the top and chasing down blindman. Great effort!
    Killercarlcox69 and WAC like this.
  7. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok dudes, the breakdown for Round 1 goes like this: (pending protests but think that's sorted by now)
    Div 1

BeauAlbert6 - 9th (good effort buddy, hang in there)
    Div 2
    CobMcCool - 6th (pit crew taken behind pits and shot, but I'm still happy)
    Crunch - 11th (only just remembered we might be racing)
    Damo-Heato - DNS
    Div 3
    TTR_Joe90 - 2nd (great drive first up for the team)

SPL_Racing - 12th (suffered the ungodly pitch glitch and had to bail out)
    Div 4
    Tanktex - 2nd (excellent result for first league race)

Sparklehead83 - 10th (ran well but fell away at the end)
    DekGT5Mad - DNS
    Div 5
    Stiffsht - 1st (outstanding, good work with the pit strategy)
    Footlong_warrior - 5th (good first up effort)
    Div 6
    Killercarlcox69 - 1st (pole, fastest lap, just keeps on scoring points for us)
    Colin-50 - 4th (best finish for us so far awesome)

Joker for this round was TTR_Joe90 who didn't let us down.

Firstly I would like to thank you all for the outstanding attendance with only 2 non starters (who both had legitimate reasons)out of 13 drivers, is the stuff we could only have dreamed about last season, I'm totally stoked.
    We got some great results as well with 2 wins, 2 second placings, and a few hovering just outside the podium postions, we had some bad luck as well but with our attendance rate it should be a pretty good first round for us. I am also trying to make a bit of play to get Mustafur back on the team who would be an excellent addition and would give us our Div 1A driver which is the only deficiency the team has at the moment.
    It's also great to see most of us getting on board with the team livery, (yes crunch you're still excused) I want the other teams to know who they're following.
    With the joker pics if any of you have any suggestions or advice please PM me, and I'll take it from there but as I've stated previously it won't be disclosed who has been picked until after the race, as the way the league is these days with closeness of racing I don't want anyone to feel the added pressure of racing for double points, just race your own race and relax.
    The tyre and pit regulations are still being tweaked at this time, but I think what we did last week discussing it in the PM is the way to go as to keep our suggested strategies under wraps, remember it is only a suggestion and feel free to use whatever pit strategy works for you, but it can be a bit of a time saver for those who don't have the time to figure it out. Thanks to Stiffsht for last weeks suggested strategy.
    Lastly, this weeks rant;
    It is probably something we've all been guilty of but it is one of my pet hates, hitting people up the bum.
    While I fully understand that all drivers have different driving styles and achieve their pace in different ways, the issue is when you're following someone closely, they may not use the same braking marker as you and brake a little earlier and you collect them up the arse. The consequences of this can range from a little tap pushing them slightly off line to pinballing them off track at high speed, but neither scenario is a good thing as it affects an innocent party. It is the responsibility of the following driver to be super aware of what the preceeding driver is doing and adjust accordingly, just don't rocket along and assume that you can use your usual brake marker and it will all be cool, as well as when you're in another drivers draft it's easy to forget that you'll be travelling at a higher speed into the braking zone which necessitates braking earlier as well. Sometimes if you're not close enough to make a pass into a braking zone it may be easier to back off slightly to allow a bit more room for any difference in braking and avoid contact, this could possibly minimise panic braking when you're too close and have to slam on the anchors, the wheels lock and chaos ensues. I am sure all of you are probably aware of this and like I said we've probably all done it and probably all been a victim of it, but it's just another thing that if it is minimised we have less protests, less annoyed drivers and more peace, love and mung beans for all.

Again guys well done this week,

Cheers
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  8. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    that's really good for the first round for the team
    Killercarlcox69 and SPL Racing like this.
  9. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Weekly round up just edited guys, sorry pulled the trigger to early before I was finished.
    Stiffsht likes this.
  10. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    nicely said skipper :thumbsup: and with our joker i think we maybe in front at this stage BHR BHR BHR:whistling:
    SPL Racing and Footlong_warrior like this.
  11. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Spoton Cob:thumbsup:
    Hey Cob whats your thoughts ...
    we could all join in mid week say after 8.30 Est wed or thurs night depending on availabilty for
    a :ninja:Team:DBHR:ninja: private room with only available spots for our guys to discuss ideas strategies,advice amongst ourselves and finish with a practice run around race...?
    Im available wed or thurs night :D
  12. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Well written COB .
    I like the idea of a weekly meeting last night stiff helped me a lot (thanks Stiff )
    Ok guys lets feel the love (lol)
    Well done to all last Sunday keep up the good work !
    SPL Racing likes this.
  13. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    i like that idea @Tanktex but i won't be online again unlit sunday midday aest (sydney time) so if any of ya's are online around the same time on sunday you could let me know what the game plan is for the race
  14. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok chaps, post what day/time suits and we'll go with the majority and as well as who can host, and we'll do this.
    Stiffsht likes this.
  15. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    I'm ok with Tanks time .
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    My hope is eventually the rest of the Div1 backmarkers get frustrated, stop turning up allowing for more easy places for me :D Im 4th in ClassB which is alright considering getting tangled in a lap1 cafuffle, i'll show up no matter what, pushing the points as high up as i can, the team, you guys did epic, congrats to the winners and podium getters, you guys put us off to the best start we could hope for! Im not sure if we are up front at the moment, but we did our best, keep this up, we could end up with a nice points haul come the last round! BHR BHR BHR #51
    Footlong_warrior and SPL Racing like this.
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Guys we are second overall, 3 points off the lead, lets swap this around at Laguna!
    Stiffsht, SPL Racing and Tanktex like this.
  18. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hey guys, what a difference a season makes! Love to see the chat on here and the new boys flying the BHR flag and putting us second place on the leaderboard. I will try and get on for a team practice tomorrow night but my wife Is due to pop out a baby any day now so I may be needed elsewhere. This may cause me to miss the race on Sunday but will let u know how I go. Gotta put family first but will still b active in the forums even if I can't get on track. Go BHR!
    Footlong_warrior, WAC and Tanktex like this.
  19. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    All the best for your new to be family m8 exciting stuff
    SPL Racing likes this.
  20. WAC

PSN ID
    Good news SPL and good luck to you and your wife - she will hate you and love you all at the same time so just take what ever she throws at you mate :)
    SPL Racing likes this.