GT6 [Completed] Japanese GT Championship 2000

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok I just split the rooms provisionally so all but the skyline is available in room 2

@Bryan_F
    @its-benny-racer
    would you guys mind being the hosts for this series please?
  2. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    OK to host.
    Hatfield likes this.
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Should be fine for me to host
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I'll go the Viper
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

Zexel confirmed
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Confirming castrol toms supra.
  7. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Anyone interested in trying my BoP tonight?
    All base setups will have no ballast, no engine upgrades and require an oil change only.
  8. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

the Bob Bop produced sensational racing just now at 10 min events at all the tracks, the diablo looked like it may have been left behind but then won at tokyo. i had 2 wins in the ZExel gtr. how this car feels with no ballast was so much more fun to drive.

please Bob, post all the settings for everyone to have a crack at
    cola1001 and B-Spec Bob like this.
  9. cola1001

cola1001 Rookie

Yes some very close racing with Bob's settings, something there for most of the car's. Think buy the time it starts and tunes sorted it will produce some great racing
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  10. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Nothing wrong with either BoP system as far as I'm concerned. Don't put too many restrictions in. This is supposed to allow people that may be better tuners than drivers to show what they can do. If too many tuning options get locked to one option only in the search of so-called parity then that will take the fun out of it and may as well be a one make class, thus defeating the whole point of allowing tuning.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  11. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Just tested the following BoP with @bmx_mtb_boy , @Bryan_F , @cola1001 and @Nigel Burley in some 10 minute races:
    Code:
    Bob's JGTC 2000 BoP
    Oil change only. Engine upgrades banned.
    Car   | PP  | Detune | BHP @ RPM  | kgfm @ RPM  | kg (minimum)
    Diablo| 570 |  78.3% | 486 @ 5100 | 71.7 @ 4900 | 1200
    GT-R  | 573 |  95.4% | 469 @ 5100 | 73.5 @ 4500 | 1100
    NSX   | 567 |   100% | 505 @ 8500 | 43.2 @ 8500 | 1150
    Supra | 568 |  93.6% | 455 @ 5800 | 68.8 @ 4500 | 1100
    Viper | 577 |  73.0% | 450 @ 4500 | 75.4 @ 3500 | 1150

I think the general consensus was that close battling and fun racing was had :)
    There were 2 representatives for Godzilla, 1 for the Diablo, 1 for the NSX and I tried a different car each round.
    We went through all the season tracks and an extra round at SSR5.
    The GTR won 3 races, Diablo 2 and Supra 1.
    Fastest lap went to the GTR on 4 occasions, Diablo 1 and NSX 1.
    The spread of fastest laps ranged from 0.360s @ SSR5, 0.638s @ Fuji, 0.644s @ Tokyo, 0.696s @ Tsukuba, 0.851s @ Motegi, to 1.596s @ Suzuka.
    I may consider tweaking the BoP ever so slightly but need a larger sample size to determine if it's required or not, so hopefully we can get together after this Tuesday's Titts to trial this BoP some more, cheers!
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    nigegunz and REVO_Bryan like this.
  12. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    @Adronaught

So it's maximum 4 of each make, except for Lambo and Viper with maximum 2 each?

You could say the bob-bop avoids the one make class of heavily detuned stage 3 turbos and engine "tunes" ;)
    Everything else is open for tuning..
    I suppose anyone could also add as much non-championship ballast if they wanted to, but the base spec for each car does not require it. However notification of how much ballast you intend to use ahead of each race may be required for PP checking of illegal engine mods.
  13. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Bigger turbos won't be an unfair advamtage since everyone would have access to them. Not exactly like the old privateers vs pro teams in real life where only pro teams had the best bits. Plus most people on here share knowledge so any "demon tweaks" wouldn't stay a secret for long. Just my 2 cents.
  14. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Going by the results the gtr still has an obvious edge. It weighs the same as the supra but gets more hp and more torque. 3wins to 1. 4fl to 0.
  15. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Adding turbos and engine tunes is not "tuning", they are just no-effort, go-faster parts. Anyone who knows anything about torque and power curves will tell you a heavily detuned, but boosted engine at the same maximum power makes a car faster. The only tracks where the performance gain/difference is negligible is a flat-out oval where the RPM is always in the power band.
    For example when testing the NSX in the other BoP with a 3rd stage turbo installed and detuned to 500BHP (5 less than in my BoP, same weight) it went about 1 second faster around the test track with comparable driving effort and time. I eventually brought that gap down to about 0.3s after a few hours of perfecting the NA NSX's lines and driving inputs, which despite being much more controllable and behaved, still couldn't beat the sideways, tyre smoke, death trap NSX with a turbo installed.
    As I mentioned, the GTR was the most represented entry into last night's trials with 12 total showings. The Supra only had 2 showings and it was bone stock. You could also twist that into saying the Supra won half the times it showed up while the GTR only won a quarter. The numbers may look a bit one sided but the sample size for each car was too small to be conclusive and is not representative of the actual balance of performance. Besides, I didn't give any stats on winning margins and for the most part am satisfied with what I've seen, so there may only be minor tweaks if any. There are 5 makes to consider when making a change and the Supra certainly doesn't need a boost.
  16. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Confirming Place Castrol Supra '00 for me
  17. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Regardless of how fast or whatever they are im a much bigger fan if NOT having to detune by so much. Good work
    Half-Byte likes this.
  18. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Well adding parts is tuning. Some of your points prove that. I tried all 3 turbos on the NSX and found the mid range one gave the widest powerband which made it easier to drive. Won't be the same for all cars though. I'm mostly sorted for a tune either way the regs go. Gonna leave it at that especially since my driving is the thing that is most likely to stop me doing well. Either way I go, I'm sure everyone will give me a good challenge all season long.
    Half-Byte likes this.
  19. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    What I wanted to avoid was to kill off the characteristics of each car with a turbo. The NSX in particular is meant to be a high revving NA cornering machine. The GTR is an acceleration monster. The Supra is a little bit of both.
    Also it becomes increasingly difficult to make a BoP that encompasses all levels of turbo and engine tune options. If every car could just be boosted then it takes away a main performance element to distinguish between vehicles. Handling characteristics would become the sole performance factor and that would be easily dominated by the NSX's cornering capabilities.
    The only way I could see to include turbo upgrades as an option is to assign a maximum PP limit to each vehicle, such that those with the upgrade would have less maximum power but more torque. I'm not entirely certain whether that would still manage to break the BoP in some way but I'm sure it would triple the time required to find a BoP and ultimately feel it detracts from the pureness of each vehicle's concept.
  20. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Ill take a Viper thanks :cool: