GT6 [Completed] Japanese GT Championship 2000

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

Gts viper if allowed
  2. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Had a couple more races tonight with @Half-Byte , @Knuckles , @Luckgoesmyway , @Nathan Storrier and @WOLFYDADDY007 trialling the bob-bop (mixed in with some other non-JGTC2000 cars):
    2x Supra, 2x Viper, 1x NSX and me trying out a few again.
    Supra won 1 race and Lambo 1.
    Supra had 1 FL and Lambo 1.
    Hope to see more numbers after tomorrow night to trial it out.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sorry wolfy, both Viper's are taken in Room 2
  4. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Hatfield likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    cool. would you rather the castrol supra to team up with halfbyte?
  6. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Team Driver

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Good points Bob. The major problem is the unbalanced PP system GT6 uses. I'm thinking the Supra could be the sleeper in the right hands. As I stated earlier, I'm only interested in extra parts for choice. Only Fuji seems to be worth the hassle of running a turbo at so far. I'm more interested to see if someone can get the Viper running at the front.
    Better still maybe someone could set up a vote to determine which BoP system should be used?
  7. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Ok sure :cool:
  8. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    I think you meant to reply to my other post.
    The Supra is definitely a capable car, I want to see how it fairs against the GTR tonight as they've not really been present in the same trial races so far (not including my stock setting appearances). As for Fuji, I believe the NSX paired with a good gearbox should be able to take it to the Diablo on the long straight, not to mention the fast sector 2. Viper seems to be holding its own so far and may do well at Tsukuba with its mechanical grip and midrange power. Feeling confident tuning will also unlock more top speed.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  9. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Team Driver

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Either way see how the season pans out. Think I saw someone say that the BoP may be adjusted at anytime if any one car proves far too dominant.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I did say that.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @hsv_butters this is running before the next clashing season of GT6/Pcars if you're interested
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @hsv_butters this is running before the next clashing season of GT6/Pcars if you're interested
  13. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    A few more bob-bop trial races tonight with @bmx_mtb_boy , @Bryan_F , @emmo46 , @its-benny-racer and @Nigel Burley:
    2x Viper, 2x NSX, 1x Diablo and 1x GTR represented.
    NSX won 2 races and GTR 1.
    GTR took all 3 FLs.
    No Supras showed up tonight so will hold off making any BoP adjustments until I compare some replays.
  14. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Supra needs more power. Gets left for dead on straights even in tow.
    They are very even in the corners and to over take you need a mistake from the other car. Only for them to cruise by easily on straight.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  15. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Same with the viper, for it to have any chance against NSXs or GT-Rs it cant be getting out dragged in a straight line.
    Knuckles likes this.
  16. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    The nature of a tuned series is that everyone turns up with different levels of tune on their car. Both the Supra and Viper have superior cornering abilities and just about equivalent acceleration compared to the GTR. You may have to give up some downforce if you want to match the GTR on the straights or tune your gear ratios to fall in the power band. As for the NSX, it has the lowest torque and acceleration, worst low speed handling but the best high speed cornering.
    Then there's tyre wear to consider as we've only tested over 10 minute races so far. I suggest trying out a competitor's BoP-spec car to find out what their strengths and weaknesses are. I haven't posted the BoP sector and lap times in this thread but every car lapped within 0.065s with the Supra and Viper in the top 2. Sector differences were around 1-2 tenths, with the NSX slowest out of the penultimate corner to be 3 tenths down from the Diablo on the straight. I've put around 400-500 kms of testing into each car and am only contemplating tiny BoP adjustments.
    There's about 4 days before the race and plenty of time to tune, this is coming from someone who hasn't even started yet.
    Hatfield likes this.
  17. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Team Driver

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Clarifying final BoP might be a good idea since there has been 2 different BoPs proposed so far (3 if you count the original regs with the Mclaren F1).
  18. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I've done quite a bit of tuning and testing, optimizing gear ratios and aero, cut about 1 second off my lap times but still at least 1.5+ seconds short of the best time at Motegi last night.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Welcome to tuning. It's not as easy or straight forward as you may think. Also with each car's unique characteristics, it is inevitable some may be more suited to certain tracks than others.
    For what it's worth, I lapped both the GTR and Viper around Motegi for comparison. Their lap times on stock settings were a tenth of a second apart and within a second of the fastest lap time last night.
    If you haven't already, try the car without any suspension and aero setup to see if you're missing some time there. Maybe watch the replay and see what lines/braking markers/etc the others are using around the track.