GT6 [Completed] Japanese GT Championship 2000

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I wasnt keen to run another hour. Can do it tomorrow thou. Even if its just 30 mins
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

It would probably make sense to take into account the difference in pace between drivers in Sunday league races, might help to better equalize the cars now that we have an hour worth of data to consider. Though another factor is how much people were pushing tonight, given the result didn't count towards anything.
  3. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Didn't know we we're doing a full hour tonight, who would be able to make it tomorrow night?
    We've already done my bop with a handful of people so would need more to show up to make it a useful trial.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  4. its-benny-racer

As for my run tonight, tyre wear was certainly a factor in the Viper.

On fresh tyres, full fuel was sitting in low 45s with a couple of high 44s
    As the tyres wore out that creeps up into the mid to high 45s, 20 minutes in I was struggling to stay in the 45s and the car was becoming more of a handful.
    Pitted after about 22 mins and made the mistake of putting full fuel in (as I hadn't put any thought into how much I should put in), saw a similar performance/wear rate in the second stint which lasted till about 43-44 minutes and included a wear induced spin that cost me 10 seconds.
    Pitted just for tyres (as I still had more than 50% left), on half fuel and fresh tyres I sitting in the low to mid 44s with a best of 44.0, this crept up into the high 44s by the time I caught BMX.
  5. its-benny-racer

I'd be happy to go again tomorrow night, though I established tonight that with 450hp, 1150kg and no engine tune I was about 1 second slower (with the same setup I was using in the race, so might gain a 10th or so by adjusting setup for the missing ballast)
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    This is why you need a small group of quality guys all running each car to nail down a BoP. Good drivers get the most out of almost any car, so they give reliable and consistent feedback and data.
    Doing it with 1 person gets you pretty close, but someone always finds something you couldn't and the BoP adjusts as a result. Not ideal to have 2 people just making totally different BoP and then have them compete, yeah having sprint races is fun and all but you don't get good consistent data of the same driver running cars back to back on the same track.
    It is very hard to separate what is Driver, Tune and Car when you don't have clearly defined variables. BoP is science - you test 1 variable at a time. Usually that is the car, keeping same Driver, conditions and tuning effectiveness. (As in, you don't spend 3 hours tuning 1 car but only 20 minutes on another.)
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Wouldn't it be more productive if @B-Spec Bob and @StigsTC worked closer together, rather than trying to compete with different approaches to BoP? Both have their merits and downsides, and we might get the best of both worlds if we employ a scheme that's somewhere in-between the two.
    StigsTC likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    they are both in the PM about the BoP for this series...
  9. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I know, but my point still stands, does it not? I'm still getting the impression that they are working largely independently rather than collaboratively...
  10. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Short time frame to the start of the series and differing approaches to do a BoP that don't really mix. Besides I only started on mine last weekend so wasn't involved in the discussions until after attempts to validate stig's BoP.
  11. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Yes, yes it would.
    When this started I asked Hat what he wanted. He wanted up near 600pp with weights that reflected the fact that the Lambo and Viper had to be made heavier than the Japanese cars yet were all still able to race together.
    That is what I have attempted to deliver, however I ended up about 20pp short, although it kept the Lambo and Viper achieving the same lap times despite carrying more ballast as intended.
    Instead of working on the same data we've ended up with 2 contrasting equivalence tables achieved though vastly different approaches.
  12. its-benny-racer

It shouldn't be forgotten that the addition of weight based on points is intended to sort out any discrepancies in balance, in the early rounds.
  13. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    For those interested in testing my updated BoP tonight, please see the specs below:
    Code:
    Bob's JGTC 2000 BoP
    Oil change only. Engine upgrades banned.
    Car   | PP  | Detune | BHP @ RPM  | kgfm @ RPM  | kg (minimum)
    Diablo| 570 |  78.3% | 486 @ 5100 | 71.7 @ 4900 | 1200
    GT-R  | 573 |  95.2% | 468 @ 5100 | 73.5 @ 4500 | 1100
    NSX   | 567 |   100% | 505 @ 8500 | 43.2 @ 8500 | 1150
    Supra | 569 |  93.8% | 456 @ 5100 | 68.8 @ 4500 | 1100
    Viper | 578 |  73.5% | 453 @ 4600 | 75.4 @ 3500 | 1150

@its-benny-racer @Bryan_F Would either of you be interested in hosting?
    Trial races to start from 8:20PM AEDT / 7:20PM AEST.
    nigegunz and cola1001 like this.
  14. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I expect to be online between 8:30 and 9.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  15. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Ok just came up to speed (I think).. So the McLaren is out (bummer).. Don't see myself on entry list (bummer 2). What car/s is left to pick in group 2 (presume that is where I will be)??????? I may be able to jump into a test race tonight....
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you never signed up! I will put you in now
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Really. Thought I did.....and thought I nominated McLaren too...my bad.......sorry....which car can I have??
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    nsx, diablo, skyline
  20. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Gtr selected..