Division 1 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Congrats to Dan.

A seriously impressive qualifying lap.. Really untouchable! However I guess that is the track he used to qualify for GTA in 2010.. So well done mate!

Congrats to top 3, as always!

My qualifying didn’t go the way I planned… On my 2nd fast lap after my first one I was 3 tenths up, only to be ruined by a slower car not getting out of the way… I started 6th… Which I knew I should have been 5th at least, and I had 4th there…

Start of the race, into the first corner – as always I seem to find myself away from all the carnage infront of Beau and Jono… However somehow Razor got in-front of myself and MINT… The first few laps was intense.. Razor caught up to Warrior and almost had a pass on him, however Warrior with his experience knew all too well his moves and quickly started to put on the pace… for a few laps Razor was placing the his fat @ss Camaro in all the right places… Mint was struggling to pass until I had a sniff down the inside… a few corners later MINT got the pass done and I was then stuck behind the fat @ss of Razor.. haha ;) However I knew his tricks and wasn’t going to fall to them… By the time I got past Mint put the hammer down to catch Warrior and did well pitting 1 lap early than Warrior and was right up his clacker after the pit stop… Again for some reason every time I get shafted in the pit stops… I was about 3-4seconds down on Warrior and ended up about 7 seconds down from Mint and Warrior..

The gap was pushed out to Dan to about 12.8 seconds about 8 seconds to Warrior and about 7 seconds from Mint.. It was a pretty lonely race for me… However in the end finished 9seconds from Dan, 7 seconds from warrior and 5 seconds from Mint.. In all pretty happy with that result, and just glad I didn’t finish 30-40seconds down from Dan’s seriously impressive speed…

Again congrats top 3! Always impressive speed as always! I wish to be battling you lads in hopefully in the future....
    warrior2167, razor4797 and MINT_GTR like this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'll post my race report tonight but in a slightly different format to normal! :p
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anybody have some results and lap times?
  4. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I'm absolutely stoked with 5th place last night.
    Qualifying went almost to plan and managed 7th.
    My start was superb. The initial jump off the line was clean and quick and I was on the outside of Jono into turn 1. As his brakes failed on him he ghosted and went wide. I snuck into the turn and squeezed past Rotor and TRLBeau, at the same time ghosting with MINT. I was up into 3rd by turn 3. It was here that I realised that if I kept position and ran with the big boys for a while I could have a very good result.
    Dan was already making a run for it and showed great pace. Warrior grabbed some grass coming out of the final turn onto the long sweeper and this allowed me to draft. I took a long shot and outbraked him into the first turn. However Warrior was having none of it and shut the door into turn 2. I had to laugh and shake my head at how he managed to hold 2nd place. Great driving.
    From there, I had a pestering MINT and Rotor on my tail, eager to pass. I knew that as soon as they passed me they would run away, and soon enough they did, a couple of laps later.
    Consistency was the main priority here. I made very little errors and kept good pace. It was quite difficult keeping the car on the road at the end of my first stint, virtually drifting into the pitlane.
    From there it was fairly lonely, except for when Bond and TRLBeau caught and passed me, then dived into the pits for their second stop. I knew at this stage that 5th place was in the bag, and another win in Class B.

Big shoutout to PD for giving us a peaceful evening for a change. And also another congrats to Dan for a great performance yet again. To Warrior, MINT and Rotor I'd like to say that it was brilliant racing with you guys up the front.
    Til' next time lads :D
  5. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Congrats on the win Dan. I'm really impressed with how you were drive the car on worn out tyres with your style.
    Also well done mint rotor and razor, some great racing and all of us had pretty similar race pace.

1st TRL_holl01 44:40.057 (DC shortly after race finished)
    [​IMG]
    14 fastboysmith.

[​IMG]
    fastboysmith 1:37.811
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sorry it took me 7 minutes to get the tables up after your post warrior, I am getting slow.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  8. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Since when do you get a 10 sec penalty for a jump start, put the clutch in full throttle as you do in iracing and i got a 10sec penalty everyone was at turn one before i even left the grid
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I'm not about to sacrifice my qually laps so a "faster driver" can get by. It is up to the individual to give themselves enough room to set a clean lap. Was struggling enough for pace this week without having to give up lap speed just because someone didn't give themselves space.
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Had a forgettable run, no practice and my mind was elsewhere - was happy to have made it tbh. TB couldn't see me and I had a bit of lag from Beau (I think), and those first 5 or 6 laps were hectic so I ended up dropping back out of range. Had not run med's on this track so needed a few laps to adjust. Touched the grass at turn 4 and ended up spending an age in the sand. Was easy meat for the 2 stoppers after that, but mostly the network behaved itself for a change so very happy with that. Not sure about next week, going to be missing either this round or next, but looking forward to my final run in the Camaro.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    WTF? That's crazy.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Very, very disappointed to have had such a brilliant qualifying performance squandered in the first bloody corner. It was such a shame too, as that was one of my best ever performances in qualifying considering how much I despise this car, to see it all go to waste, it's an awful feeling.

I got a reasonable start, but once again Razor's use of traction control gave him a great run down into the first corner, and I was boxed in with Rotor. I jumped on the brakes and nothing happened. I lifted off and re applied but it was too late. Thank goodness I didn't take anyone out.

With Beau Albert acting as a Trulli train, it destroyed any potential advantage a 2 stop would bring to the table. I struggled to adapt to how early everyone was braking, so I must apologise to stig 13 for bumping into him so many times.

The stint on the mediums sucked. In hindsight, I should have stayed on the softs like everyone else. The fresh meds were slower than the worn softs, which makes me question the tyre physics of the game. In any series, you don't see worn "option" tyres being faster than a brand new set of "prime" tyres, so I think this is just bizarre.

Coming in on lap 19, the fun began. On a low fuel tank, and fresh softs, I, for the first time this season, actually had fun driving this car. Had it not been for me hitting the turn 1 tyres like an idiot on lap 23/24, I may have had some fun with TRL Beau, Bond and possibly stig 13, but it wasn't to be.

Passing Anon on the final corner was satisfying, however, it still didn't ease the pain of having a golden opportunity to score a big bag of points and not have my controller using teammate humiliate me once again thrown out the window.

Well done to the podium, absolutely freakish stuff.

Cheers, Jono.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm glad I got you on the theme from Heavy Rain haha

Hopefully I can actually not stuff up for once at Bathurst and be a part of some of the awesome racing shown above.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  15. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Well done Beau, sick commentary! I'm glad I got on the highlight real for all the wrong reasons :D lol... that tyre barrier just doesn't give. Was a great track to race, so there was plenty of wheel to wheel combat at the back of the field. Just a shame I couldn't colour in between the lines :laugh:
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Lads I'm out to Christmas drinks with some friends. Totally forgot about it, or was never told. Who knows with my wife. May or may not be home in time, don't wait up for me.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Unbloodybelievable. Is it too much to ask for a little bit of good fortune when driving this utterly crap, schweinhund of a car? Christ almighty.

Another great qualifying effort got me to 7th, but I knew I had more in the tank, so maybe a top 5 was possible.

Unfortunately, starting on the left is not the prefered side, so I was trapped behind MINT at the start, and with no way of getting to the right side with my teammate and Mr Bond going up towards Griffin's bend, I was prepared to bite the pillow and lose some positions heading towards the Cutting. My pillow wasn't thick enough though, as the slightest of taps from Mr Bond (100% my fault mate, I got too greedy) was enough to send me deep onto the dirty side of the track and into the barriers with massive damage, and ruining Cyber's race in the process. Sorry mate.

So, dead last, race gone on the first lap again, strategy ruined, I was prepared to give up right there and then. But I realised with my pace, maybe I could make inroads into the pack whilst they squabble. So I carried on, and had some terrific scraps with tb, Cyber and stig 13. The strategy was working well, and I pitted early to get the medium stint out of the way, so I could try and charge through at the end if those waited until the end for theirs.

They were working well, but I lost time with fastboy after I was tapped at the Cutting and was overtaken. But not to worry, with (I thought) everyone else on softs, clean laps would hopefully put me in a good position at the end. Towards the end though, the meds felt like driving on ice, and sadly, with a wheel on the grass at the Chase, it was all over.

I still soldiered on, and after regaining the soft tyres at the next stop, I set my PB comfortably, and then came across Mus, who was driving really slowly exiting the Cutting. When he suddenly came to a stop 2 corners later, I also stopped, as I thought I jammed him into the wall. Losing valuable time, but still wanting to let him re-pass, I was enormously frustrated. And finally, for the final nail in the coffin, the PS3 froze up Mountain Straight. Beautiful.

I'm really glad there's just one round left of this season, becuase this has been the worst season by far for me. Even worse than the Citroën. Far too many things have gone wrong this season to me to think that something good may actually happen at Monza, despite it being one of my strongest tracks. I guess I'll be racing for pride, as last in Group B is almost certainly guaranteed. Well done to the warrior, and the podium.

Cheers, Jono.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  18. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    So clearly Bathurst and my internet are not friends. Exactly like the BRZ Bathurst round back in season 1, my internet said NO and I was resorting to a night on the couch in frustration.

Thankfully stigsozcousin came to the rescue and kindly offered up his rig/wheel setup for the race so i bailed on my piece of crap and got there as quick as the strolla could get me there. We set up my ps3 and got on with 30mins to spare. After a few laps on his g27, I was finding a serious steering issue which was causing the car to become seriously unstable?!? Checked the wheel settings, all sweet.....wtf!?! So we performed a mechanical pitstop and changed over to his spare g25, found cybers room and went back on for more fun. Although it was noticeably better than the clearly ill g27, the g25 still lacked feeling and input so I quickly found myself on struggle street. I wasn't stoked about qualifying 5th, purely on the fact of possibly taking someone out so I was extra careful through the 1st couple of corners to come out, somehow, still in 5th. Ok....cool.....we can do this I thought, a few laps went by with the boys in front disappearing and Mr. Bond quickly filling my mirrors and then it went all pear shaped. A bit of grass here, a bit of wall there, a few loop de loops, some cursing thrown in there for good measure and it was all over!!!

I had to call it a night, sorry fellas....absolutely devastated as I really enjoy the mountain and was confident I could possibly ruffle some feathers in the untouchable duo this season and gain some valuable points to what has been a tough season for PRT. Ugh, but not to be, well done to warrior on the win and rotor and dan on podium :)
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Ill get my video edit out soon, had a problem with my replay save so no cinematic for that :'( Anyway botched both quali laps i got in, started P13, made alot of spots as many found the wall's, i almost did a stupid move on Razor but thankfully my brain realised what i was doing and lifted the throttle, Most of my race was then just gluing myself in a battle for class B honors with Razor, i finally got a move done into forest elbow, only for him to return serve the next lap down conrod, only for me to out brake him into turn 2, then with 5 to go he came in for his mediums, 2 laps later i followed, as i exited the pits, my estimate would be there was 4 tenths from my rear to his car, so very close work, but on cold tyres into T2, i went wide, barley touched the wall bit PD logic put my car to a dead stop, costing me a chance at the class win with laps left, when will i get luck at an enduro? Just happy from the last 2 races to be able to show my true potential in this crappy thing after a disaster opening 4 rounds, i just need to pray i can race well at Monza so i can avoid getting demoted for next season, race one spun avoiding a crash, race two mustafur waddled his way onto the circuit which i wasnt able to avoid, race 3/4 internet issues, i really hope i can stay in the top division :'(
    warrior2167 and Peter Wise like this.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I hope you got my around the outside pass on you at the corner coming into the chase, i was surprised i pulled it up to be honest. Then it all went to :):):):) when Mustafur was sitting sideways in the middle of the road in a cloud of smoke