Division 1 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Didn't dan miss a race? Meaning he has no drop round?
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Doh. Yeah if warrior is a no show, that will be his drop round. I was taking 20 points off as well for his worst result this season so far.

Excuse me, off to ammend the BJH ROC thread accordingly.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    No, he DSC'd from Round 2.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Nek Minnit
    razor4797 likes this.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    There has been some concern about the pitstops here at monza, and much discussion about what could be the cause. CAGM7 has put forward a solution to this puzzle, that the pit entry speed is causing a penalty. He claims that the maximum speed that any pit entry can be taken without penalty (with a couple of exceptions) is 200kph. I myself can attest to that rule, with the entry at daytona oval causing a similar reaction of warping you back to the entry if entered over that speed, and I know it has happened somewhere else (the warping) but I can't at the moment put my finger on it. Anyway, to avoid the delay in the pits, and also as more than likely alot of people will be pitting at the same time, it is recommended that you practice reducing your speed entering the pitlane so your speed across the entry line is just under 200kph. If everybody does this, then there will be no carnage on entry from drivers entering flat-knacker and not only gaining a collision penalty and possibly affecting the ram-ee, but also delaying their pitstop. Thankyou CAGM7.
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    All the best for tonight lads. I am about to head off to the Sunny Coast and spend the day with the inlaws - FIL's 70th. Won't be getting home till late. I meant to let you guys know as I knew this was coming up, just couldn't remember which weekend. Apologies for being a non-competitor this season, but sometimes RL takes over. Only turned my wheel on once this week and even then I let some other guy try and teach it bad habits...no names.

Thanks to Stu and Cyber for putting another great season together, and well done to all in Div 1 - big numbers all season and good competitive spirit throughout. I hope all you guys turn out again next season, someone has to stop Warrior getting 10!!
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  7. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Bugger Anon :( Hope to see you next season! I may be a little late to tonight's race as i have another league on at 7pm my time, and is expected to finish at 7:50ish?? If i'm a no show by 8:10 would you mind waiting guys? Ill only be a matter of miniutes, cheers all, and its the last race of the season, so lets go out and enjoy it :)
  8. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    [​IMG]
    The Masters on the Mountain: Penultimate lap cliff hanger...
    [​IMG]
    warrior2167 likes this.
  9. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Will this lap keep up with you blokes
    [​IMG]
  10. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    That's an insane lap time
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Notice you've conveniently cut the shot short of the tyre displayo_O
    Benjamin J Smith likes this.
  12. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Just retesting it now, and it appears anything over 190 causes the issue. There are 4 white lines across the run into pit lane. 1 at the start of the yellow line, 1 where the yellow line widens and 1 just before the red barrier for the pit wall. A quick jab of the brakes at the 2nd line drops your speed to under 190 before the stop is triggered.

Do with this info what you will.
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    An ehh race for me for me, my start..... well it was good until i realised i was in 3rd -_- BAHH so anyway into turn one and im not sure, will have to look at the replay but got a shove from Jono, punted me across the grass and i got a penalty for corner cutting :mad::mad::mad::mad: GRR, anyway i eventually had a fight with tb, it was fairly good but tb, just leave a bit more room into ascari next time, that was probley a bit over the line but no protests here, i then made alot of mistakes and decided to gamble on 2 laps earlier into the pits, after some fast laps i knew i wasn't going to make it home, so i just did what i could and eventually at the end of lap 19 ( I think.... ) I came in for some new boots, i probley left it a little late but oh well.... i did what i could and got 8th, big bummer, awful season for me, just rarley ever did the pieces all fall back into place :'( I imagine im back to Div2 next season, but its been an honour racing with you gentleman!!
    -The Bobo :p
  14. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Any DSCs?
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Dan tried entering but couldn't get in
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  18. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Just had a look at the replay beau. I swear I had shut the door much earlier than I did, and I honestly didn't think you had gotten that far alongside. My apologies mate. Thought you were further back and I was right to turn in. But alas, looking at the replay it was not the case.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Certainly a rollercoaster ride of emotions, that final race was. Heading into the race knowing I had the pace of the aliens, I was pumped for qualifying. And I did rather well, absolutely nailing the first 2 sectors to be up on my best ever time through the first 2 sectors, but I got too greedy in Ascari, and put more than 2 wheels on the inside kerb, gaining me around 2-3 tenths of a second. Nailed the Parabolica to go 7 tenths up, and really, to be that far ahead of such a class field, it was obvious I had gained an advantage. So I did the right thing and went back to the pits, announcing it in the chat.

I would have liked to have been able to celebrate my first pole position in Div 1 in style, but cheaters never prosper. I was still confident I could nab pole on another attempt, but Rotor, who had stolen pole from MINT, started the race just as I entered the La Roggia, a bitter pill to swallow as I was only about a tenth off my personal best.

Starting in last wasn't how it was supposed to be. Got a good start, but charging up the inside was futile, so I tucked in next to Cyber. Apparently I shoved Beau off, to which I have to say I couldn't have done anything about, if you're going to make it 3 wide into an über tight chicane and you're on the outside, what else did you expect? I can't just vanish so you can take the corner. Not to mention you bumped Cyber and I off a few laps later in a far more aggressive manner and drove off.

My race was severely compromised when I simply couldn't find a way past Cyber in the opening laps, which destroyed any chances of a podium, which I felt was still possible, even amongst the huge talent pool in Class A. The draft was about as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike, and I was getting severely frustrated. I felt I owed my team a good result after disappointing them for the entire season, and for once, I had the conditions to so. By the time I passed Cyber, the leaders were way too far ahead.

Into the pits on lap 8, and razor fell victim to the stop/go penalty, which was a shame, it would have been nice to fight with my teammate. It was rather lonely catching fastboy, however it got really exciting when I was putting in about 6 consecutive mid 55's as I edged ever closer, including a 55.0 on lap 18.

The closer I got, the more nervous fastboy seemed to get. I finally got passed on the penultimate lap and thought "YES! 4th PLACE :):):):):)ES!" But no, on the 3rd bit of Ascari, I copped one of PD's infamous short cut penalties, one of about 5 I received all race, and this one was the most costly, as I wasn't going to have enough time to pass him again.

Well done rotor, Mint and warrior on your podiums, cheers fastboy for an awesome battle, and well done to my teammate razor on an extraordinary debut season in Div 1, looks like we have both finished 5th overall in our first seasons in the big leagues! Traction control is banned next season, btw ;) :p

While yes, I'm glad I scored my best result of the season with one of my best ever performances, I still will feel disappointed that this was perhaps my only ever shot at a Div 1 win, and I threw it away with an early entry into a corner. But I'd sooner go down fighting than win by cheating. My time as the GRT captain is now over, and it's been wonderful leading them these past 2 seasons, despite my massive disappointments in terms of results. Perhaps Jamie will inherit the bad luck that's kept me nailed down for next season! ;)

I thought I'd finally get a chance to blow up this awful car, but with the Throwback series starting next week and the ROC afterwards, she's going to torture me for a little longer yet. Congrats to warrior and razor on the championships, legends, both of you!

Cheers, Jono.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Wasn't blaming you for T1, i was just saying its a bummer it happened, i know theres nothing you could do about it, as for my move on Lap 2, on my screen that was completley clean? Even on my replay its clean?