Division 2 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. SirPoopington

SirPoopington Rookie

Reporting in! Cheers for the invite, looking forward to the racing.
    skywalker and stucar17 like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks Sir !!

Will slot you in div 2 mate.
    SirPoopington likes this.
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

:D:D:D:D Welcome @SirPoopington I predict big things for you here at ROOZ hence I signed you up to my team (Next Level Racing) before you had even officially signed up to the forums.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That's a bit cheeky cagme !
  5. damo_heato

damo_heato New Recruit

Greetings everyone. Good to "meet" some of you last night. Apart from signing up here, is there anything I need to do before the race on Sunday?
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi mate, no need for a qualifier. All good there.

If you could add all the div 2 drivers to your list before Sunday that would be good.

I will be hosting this week, but will be a public lobby so shouldn't be an issue. Other than that, will prob catch you online in the next few nights.
    Cheers
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Dont practice too much guys!
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, really sorry didn't make it online last night for meet and greet. Didn't have the energy to turn in the ps3 and set the wheel up.

Given I have raced with everyone and had few issues we should be fine, but will be online tonight 100%.
    Will set up a meet and greet room at about 8:30 syd time, missus out to dinner so have the run of the house !
    groover33 likes this.
  10. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Might join you tonight Stu if you have room for a div3 turtle and have no shows. My connection might not even let me join, so either way is a best effort thing.
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    We are trailing a new feature with the news. If the podium can send me their post race wrap via pm so I can post it in the news before everyone sees it to try get some more interest in the news that would be great. Just like what you would post here.

Cheers and have a good race Sunday night. Go GRT!!
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys,

Wishing everyone luck for season 4 !

You guys are all well sorted in the ways of ROOZ, but can i suggest trying to get into the room early to sort any round 1 PD issues. I will get the room open at 7:30, will be a public lobby.

For round 1, the only track issue is turn 4, drivers running wide there consistently will be penalized. Please be careful turn 1 lap 1, is the potential for carnage if drivers dont allow for those around them.

Remember qual and first stint on the SPORTS SOFT, 1 stint must be run on the SPORT MEDIUM. (we may have to look at putting in a minimum number of laps on the med depending on what happens in round 1)

ALSO, be aware of the issue of entering the pits and selecting the tires, if you are on the throttle crossing the control line, you will select from the menu screen without being able to change tires or fuel. ;)

Good luck all, keep it clean !

Best of luck, hope its another successful season free of protests and any issues.

Mod team
  13. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I haven't been to the website concerning Gran Turismo since the final round of last season, what date was that again? lol.

I had an inkling that I should start checking which Sunday the races start, but now I'm getting an information overload on the track calendar, final car decision, divisions, teams and pit strategies... I better hop to it, lol!
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    PROVISIONAL results
    POLE: raptor
    FL: Poopington : 2:07:112
    1. Stu
    2. CAGME
    3. TF22RAPTOR
    4. poopington
    5. groover
    6. cob
    7. slambo
    8. whiteracer
    9. S5VED
    10. Moozer
    11. Crunch
    12. floodsim
    DNS : NATMAN, Doogle, Damo_heato

LAP TIMES
    2:07:112 Poopington
    2:07:382 Stu
    2:07:426 slambo
    2:07:555 Groover
    2:07:590 raptor
    2:07:656 CAGME
    2:07:949 Cob
    2:08:538 Moozer
    2:08:770 whiteracer
    2:09:052 Crunch
    2:09:104 S5VED
    2:09:503 Floodsim

Great way to start the season and redeem myself after the shambles that was season 3 !

Had a pretty good qual, even though i didnt feel like i could hook it up the way i wanted.

I was third at the end of qual, but slambo relegated himself to rear of grid after admitting he made a mistake and made time. RESPECT ! :thumbsup: That put Raptor to Pole and me second, on the inside line for turn 1. Got a great start and managed to take the lead, and held it for the first 10 laps with raptor and Cob breathing down my neck

Lap 10 i came in for my MED stint, and that lasted 2 laps, raptor came in as well, putting me 7th i think. From lap 12 i pushed as hard as miss daisy could, not sure what those in front were doing....

With 3 laps to go things heated up, i came across slambo who was struggling on worn tires and i managed to throw some orange paint on the side of his car in turn 1 (sorry mate :oops:). I redressed straight away and pressured him into a mistake coming into the back straight on the same lap, Raptor was only 2 seconds up the road.

With 2 to go i had caught him, and on better better rubber managed to make a pass stick on the outside of the second hairpin, great racing mate. I think we had 12 laps together with barely a touch :thumbsup:

My fuel light came on with 1 and a half to go, so the last lap was a long clench moment, CAGME coming fast on slightly fresher rubber. I managed to get it home by about 3 seconds which was a blast.

Great racing guys, lap 1 looked incident free so congrats to everyone for getting through there clean. (that i know of !):D

Well done CAGME and Raptor for the podium. (Told you CAGME was sandbagging !!)

On to Laguna where passing will be rare as hens teeth !
    Stu
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 and Peter Wise like this.
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Haha Stu I wasn't sandbagging when I said I couldn't do any better than a 2:09.X because at that stage I honestly couldn't. I would have only had 1 or 2 practice sessions under my belt and was running traction control. I was able to put some serious practice in over the weekend and turned the traction control off as I was able to manage the wheel spin for the 1st 4 laps anyway if I concentrated. The rest came down to running a perfect race, a good pit strategy and capitalising on the misfortune of others.
    WAC and stucar17 like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    tl:dr = sandbagging :p
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    WAC and SuiCid3 like this.
  17. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I can vouch for CAGM (nothing to do with the fact i'm also a kiwi ;) ) - but he was really struggling on saturday cause i was doing faster lap times than him!

Nice work Stu - up front where you belong mate.
    stucar17 and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Had a good race driving wise but some pit weirdness or something knocked me back a bit, although pre race I would have thought sixth was going alright, did my own personal 'lap of the gods' to put in a 7.7 (only second lap in the 7's) to qual 4th then promoted to 3rd thanks to slambos' honesty. I then managed to sit in behind stu and raptor for the first stint ( which I was very happy with ) and was staying close enough until lap 5 when I had to swing off line then lock the tyres to avoid giving raptor a prostate exam at turn 1, this cooked the tyres a little bit, but no major damage done and was still 3rd but had lost contact just a little as the first two pitted as I went round again then pitted and the weirdness started, as I went in I had a gap on sirpoop, out of the pit lane he was on my bumper, did 1 lap on the med tyre and came straight back in and pulled into my pit bay as stu left his, by the time I was out I was dead last and had lost a lot of time ( using stu as a reference, took on minimum fuel at both stops and allowing for the speed difference), went from 50m behind to 500m behind in 2 stops spending less time on the worse tyre, pit crew summarily executed post race. I soldiered on in any case, had to make a few passes and caught up to S54VED who I assume was on his med stint and just got held up enough to let groover close up behind me and eventually get by for 5th on fresher tyres after a good couple of laps and then just cruised home, still happy 6th in this div is still a fair achievement and would have been the best result I could have expected pre race, but after qual and the first stint I felt a little let down, but this is what we do, people copped a lot worse in other divs.
    Cheers
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    The recurring problems with my internet connection kicked in and I got disconnected. Bleh.
    Nothing good to write about anyway from that race.
    Qualy was the first time I've driven the car and, well... yeah, I have nothing good to say.