Division 2 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Understand your frustration mate, but I think any issues with raptor last night were more to do with PD than his driving. There was a little but of lag, I spent the second half of race 1 with him and it was just enough to be noticeable. Get close and there was the chance that a spike would turn things pear shaped.
  2. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well if I take away the incidents all in all it was quite a fun race.

I was hoping for a much better result here, but alas my starts in both races really let me down.

In race 1, was slowly getting some spots back, had just pulled a move on cob, at the end of lap 3 to come around and see cloud of smoke. Got a collision penalty, and cob also hit me up the rear too losing a lot of pace. We both got swamped going up the pit straight. Lap 12 it seems I lag punted Raptor off going onto hanger straight :( From then on it was just finish the laps. Tried to make a move on CAGM on last lap, but went a little deep ;)

Race 2 the start was worse than race 1. Almost got knocked off track on t2, but managed to keep it on the black stuff. Felt like a ball in a pinball machine, pinging back and forth of cars and seeing the dive bombs come through.. Had some decent battles, I think I was a little to kind. In fact looking at the replay I gave a spot back which was mine, the hit I felt was from the other driver turning into me.

Its funny, these races was the first in my rooz history of not having an off. I always thought I'd have a better result, once I finally achieved that lol
    groover33 and Ad2mny like this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, PROVISIONAL results

NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME WHERE COB FINISHED IN BOTH RACES, CANT SEE HIM ON EITHER RESULTS PAGE...
    POLE : damo
    FL : 1:07:231 Damo
    Race 1.
    1. Damo_heato
    2. Sirpoop
    3. Slambo
    4. CAGME
    5. S4VED
    6. Natman
    7. Raptor
    8. Stu
    9. Moozer
    10. Whiteracer
    11. Floodsim
    12. Groover

RACE 2
    1. Groover
    2. Sirpoop
    3. Natman
    4. Damo
    5. Whiteracer
    6. S4VED
    7. CAGME
    8. Slambo
    9. Stu
    10. Moozer
    11. Floodsim
    12. Raptor DSC

fastest laps
    1:07:231 Damo
    1:07:280 natman
    1:07:342 moozer
    1:07:375 sirpoop
    1:07:380 groover
    1:07:403 slambo
    1:07:555 stu
    1:07:609 raptor
    1:07:623 CAGME
    1:07:667 S4VED
    1:07:901 whiteracer
    1:08:163 floodsim
    ??????? Cob

I will get the overall sorted out tonight guys, if emmo doesnt get to it first....

Firstly, apologies for leaving in a huff last night. Not normally my go, but a few things caught up with me and getting smashed kinda put the icing on the cake for me.... Had a pretty ordinary few days with some family issues, so head wasnt really in the right place to race, also came to the conclusion that i probably should have done some practice races so i could see what it was like in traffic :rolleyes:

To be at the rear of the grid just .3 off pole is a pretty solid from everyone, even if i was .5 off my prac PB. Was hoping a few would fall off the road in front so i could make up some places, but not enough did so finished a disappointing 8th. (not allowing for cob who i dont know where finished.)

In race 2 i felt like i had a bit of pace again, but got belted through turns 1, 2 , 3 and 4 so was last after half a lap. Though about protesting some of the moves, but have decided against it. Pretty disappointing though when drivers dont give the same amount of room back.(that said, i am not immune from contact, but i know i dont make any places from it)

Anyway, on to willow, should be interesting with the wear back to fast and some of the fast guys who chew tires.

Stu
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    groover33 likes this.
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Cob came 5th in the 2nd race and I believe 10th in the first will have to check. Damo got pole and groover's fastest lap doesn't count as it was done going into the pits his next best was a 1:07.3XX so damo would get FL.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks cagme, Will wait for second confirmation mate on cobs finishing position
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you can confirm Cobs 10th in the first race I will do the maths. what was groovers FL other than the one where he pitted?
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    provisionally, awaiting confirmation of Cobs placings, this is how it looks
    1. Damo_heato 25 + 5.5 = 30.5 ... 1st^* 27 pts
    2. Sirpoop 20 + 10 = 30 ..... 2nd 20 pts
    3. Slambo 16 + 3.5 = 19.5 .....3rd 16 pts
    4. Natman 10 + 8 = 18 .... 4th 13 pts
    5. CAGME 13 + 4 = 17 .....5th 11 pts
    6. S4VED 11 + 4.5 = 15.5 ....6th 10 pts
    7. Groover 3 +12.5 = 15.5 .... 7th 9 pts
    8. cob?? 6 + 6.5 = 12.5 ... 8th 8pts
    9. Stu 8 + 3 = 11 ... 9th 7 pts
    10. Raptor 9 + 1.5 = 10.5 ... 10th 6 pts
    11. Whiteracer 5 + 5 = 10 ....11th 5 pts
    12. Moozer 7 + 2.5 = 9.5 .... 12th 4pts
    13. Floodsim 4 + 2 = 6 ... 13th 3 pts
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    A fastest lap time for Con if you can please.
  9. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok, time to clear this up Race 1 10th just behind Moozer, Race 2 4th, behind Nat but infront of Damo, fastest lap 1:07.626,
    emmo46 and Footlong_warrior like this.
  10. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    PSN/PD is really starting to give me the :):):):)s, I couldn't see groover for either race and I lost raptor and stu after lap 2 in race 1, it would seem that my set up only likes to see 10 people in a room, although I've been in bigger practice rooms no problems, in Race 1 was directly behind S54ved when he hit an invisible brick wall and stopped when I collected him up the date, I got massive damage that didn't clear until turn 3.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, I have amended the post above the reflect that.
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

My bad cob got my placing wrong when I saw the results stu put up I knew you were the one directly ahead of damo.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Are there any protests? Or can I post the results?
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

This isn’t a dig at anyone in particular, and i will post this in every division thread for all to read, and hopefully get the desired effect.....a better racing experience for everyone. I hate the thought of losing even 1 driver, because of bad or desperate driving. Is a win or better result worth it ?

Over the last few rounds, and also season 3, it would appear there has been a general decline in driving standards, and it’s something that can be seen through the number of protests and race incidents brought to the mod teams attention. SOME of these have been shown to be network issues, and this is something we have all battled at some stage through our ROOZ racing. Most protests / complaints however have been through an increase in “dive-bombs, contact, a failure to redress, exceeding track limits or rough driving. Its not cool, and starting to wear thin.

Why are we here? Because we were all sick to death of jumping in a room where some 17 year old feral from a far away country would think it’s cool to drive backwards on the track in his fully sic Veyron, or ram you intentionally just for :):):):)s and giggles. That’s not what ROOZ is about, and certainly not what Justin, Carn and the other ROOZ originals had in mind when they set this place up for us.

We are all for hard racing, whatever the division you find yourself competing in. Some even say that “rubbins racing”, but there is a line where people will get the :):):):)s and walk away, hoping not to get belted by the 17 year old in a room they want to take a chance on, because they couldn’t be bothered with us anymore.

The Mod team hate going through the process of sorting protests, its time consuming and generally ends with one driver feeling gutted. In the interests of fairness we need to have that process, but we also need all drivers to take some responsibility for the way in which they drive, the way in which they pass and the way in which they feel what is fair in getting their best result. A hit up the arse of another driver, without redressing aint cool, and i am sure people know when its happened. I don’t understand why a driver wouldn’t redress at the time.

The mod team has worked its arse off to get the level of support we currently enjoy from our sponsors, and the size of our grids. It goes without saying that all that hard work can end up in the toilet if we aren’t on the same page with what is fair and reasonable. The PSN has undoubtedly had some impact on our racing, but is nowhere near the reason for the number of issues we seem to be getting at the moment. It has also been an issue in every room, from div 1 to div 6.

We ask that everyone take a breath, think about what is fair and reasonable when racing, follow the rules we set to "try" to give everyone the best racing experience regardless of their division or speed, and try to make the racing what we want it to be, hard but more importantly fair. If you havent read the rules and regs please do it. If you have, read it again for a refresher......

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

As i said at the top of this post, this isnt directed an anyone in particular, but for everyone to have a think about so we can all lift our game, and get back to talking about the great racing that we are all looking for.

If you agree with these thoughts, like the post. It will be seen as 2 things. Acknowledgement you have read what has been said, and secondly you understand that there has be a line drawn in the sand in the interest of OUR league and OUR drivers.

Stu / Mod Team
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @stucar17 Are results for div 1 and 2 finalised as posted.
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

@emmo46 groover's official fastest lap was a 1:07.331 done lap 16 race 1.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, I'll update it with the rest of Div 6 when I get them.
  18. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    With regards to Stu's message, that is part of the reason I haven't gone out of my way to clear up my Sunday nights so I can go racing. In almost every race in the last couple of seasons I've had some sort of issue with divebombs or people not redressing etc.
    Don't get me wrong, I love getting on and racing with all of you blokes, it's always a laugh and good fun, but sometimes that fun is ruined by some white line fever and to be honest, if that sort of thing is going to be the norm then I'd rather not participate in the league seasons.
    If everyone can learn some proper racecraft and understand that the odd bump and grind is ok, as long as you aren't doing it consistently and you don't benefit from it or cause anyone to lose from it, then I'll reconsider the amount of effort I put in to clear my Sunday evenings for racing.
    As Stu said, if I want to play bumper cars or demo derby, I'll go racing with the pimply faced 17 year old bogans who think Formula 1 is the latest alcopop drink to take high schools by storm...

Clean it up lads, I miss the close racing and the trust I had in the guys here...
    SuiCid3 and stucar17 like this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Plenty of Biff across all divisions at Silverstone by reports I've seen, something about the flow of that shorter circuit it, just seemed to breed it.

I was certainly gun-shy about diving for 2nd in the 2nd race, probably should've pressed-home a few chances I had but didn't want to add to the carnage, especially after I tagged a tank-slapping (Whiteracer??) Car that veered into my path earlier. Hopefully Big Willow's narrow tarmac gets us "scared straight."
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.