Division 2 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Takes a little while to tame the beast flood. Was good to see you on track though, hope you can get some prac in because I know you have good pace when you get the time.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey D2'ers The link below is for my Hi-Tec oils GT Series. The dates for the series have been confirmed and yes it is in the new year but I thought I would get in now to drum up some interest as I only have 4 D2 drivers or Silver division in the series. I think it will be enjoyable after a season in the beast that is the Camaro. Another thing is CAGME is the defending Champion so the more that enter the more chances there are to knock the KIWI off. Check out the teams part of it as well
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/wip-season-2-hi-tec-oils-super-gt-series.1286/
  3. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor New Recruit

Yeah bloody top drive there Stu, yeah I was surprised I was on the outside starting from pole and was always going to be hard getting out of T1 in first. Had a great scrap with you and Cob in the early laps, I think our pace was pretty much identical (I did notice you Cob sailing by on the left of me there into T1, I too found that I had to be so much more careful on the brakes especially when running close to each other and boy don’t you have to really work a lot harder driving this car compared to the mazda!

I hadn’t done a full race practice before so didn’t know what the best strategy will be for tires etc or when to pitstop so I followed stu into the pits thinking if 9 laps on softs went alright then 11 on mediums would be no worries but the tires just dropped off massively in the last 2 or 3 laps and almost had a few spins coming out of the chicane was barley holding on to her.

Thought I had a chance to hold onto the lead when stu was fighting with another driver around lap 18/19 but once he got by he caught me up in no time I was struggling getting out of the corners and on lap 20 could see stu had a run on me going up to the hairpin and I defend the inside but stu pull off a really great brave and ballsey manoeuvre door handle to door handle around the outside at the hairpin (worth a look on the replay), yeah was a great battle considering being so close for the entire race and not a touch, really enjoyable.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Cheers raptor, was a great battle. Was sweating when i got in behind Slambo with 2 to go not knowing how your tires were and if i could make the ground. Good fun.

TIRE REGS
    The tire regs for this round will be as round 1.
    - Qual and first stint on the SS, 1 stint minimum on the medium tire.
    stu
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    is everyone happy for me to host again tonight ? If we have a full room and any apparent issues we can move across to S4VED room.

Will open at about 7:30 sydney time.
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  6. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Awesome race last night guys. Unfortunate about cobs lag punting me off track and his dsq on the first lap. Put me back to 8th but pressed on, and had some good battles throughout the race .
    Well done raptor too quick. Feels good to finally get a podium again after a shocker last season.
    Stu your top bloke mate. Got a bit hairy there on the last lap.
    Looking foward to sprint round.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah good race night. Pretty enjoyable even though I spent 29 laps clenched to my seat after minimal practice lol

@ slambo, good recovery mate even though we both nearly had it go pear shaped with 5 corners to go.

Well done raptor, great win and pace, cagme....the ultimate sandbagger lol.

Also, thanks saved for resetting room, would have been ugly otherwise.

Will get results and fastest laps up today around lunch time
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys,

PROVISIONAL RESULTS
    POLE : RAPTOR (i think)

FL: NATMAN 1:29:509
    1. Raptor
    2. CAGME
    3. Slambobagan
    4. Stu
    5. Damo_heato
    6. S4VED
    7. Natman
    8. Sirpoop
    9. Groover
    10. Flood
    11. Moozer
    12. Whiteracer
    13. Crunch
    14. COB (DSC)
    15. Doogledave (DNS)

Fastest laps
    1:29:509 Natman
    1:29:595 Slambo
    1:29:792 CAGME
    1:29:894 Groover
    1:30:042 Damo
    1:30:071 Raptor
    1:30:553 Stu
    1:30:729 Sirpoop
    1:30:882 Moozer
    1:31:010 Crunch630
    1:31:288 S4VED
    1:31:332 Floodsim
    1:31:400 Whiteracer
    Cob : No time recorded, DSC lap 1.

was a good race last night lads.
    The pit strats made it interesting, regardless of how many laps you did on the medium, if i didnt make a stupid mistake with about 8 laps to go would have been on the podium with the one stop.

Just a general reminder to everyone, and i know it can be hard in this car, but repeated hitting up the tale pipe can be a little tedious, make sure you adjust your lines so it doesnt happen often ;)

Sprint round next, will confirm tire regs by tomorrow.
    Ad2mny and emmo46 like this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Yes Raptor poll by 0.011s on the last lap of qually :(. Tyreware definitely needs to be on normal after 19 laps on normal I still got them down to 7 9 front 6 7 rear. And the tyres turn to crap once they go below 8.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Still pissed off about last night my first DSC since season 7 rd 3 in the 2010 camaro, much practice and time spent on strategy wasted, and had to do well as I'm not really familiar with the tracks for the next 2 rounds, the only thing I had different was I left the computer on, but it was asleep and still it may have got a pulse update for the norton anti virus which it does all the time and must still do it while asleep, I thought I had turned it off days ago but when I jumped on this morning it was only sleeping, lesson learned double check everything,
    Cheers
  13. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    It does suck cob, the thought crossed my mind about reset as it was lap 1.. but with the instabilities we were having in stu's room, who knows what would of happened if we tried to reset.

I understand totally how you feel. To spend a bit of time practicing etc to then not have a good race, is a massive disappointment. Hopefully no more DCs.
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Maybe try hosting next Sunday Luke, your connection worked great last season in Div3.
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    lol I was host when cob dc'd :(
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yep, was issues in my room which doesn't normally happen so we changed to lukes room. Sucks great big ones when that happens.
  17. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm thinking the guys at Evolution Studios who made Drive Club got their network/server tips from PD...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Whiteracer52

Whiteracer52 Rookie

Sory about last night I was very sore and tired just spent 3days ridding in a enduro and lat nights drinking just kood not find rhythmrhythm
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  19. Whiteracer52

Whiteracer52 Rookie

See what I mean can't even spell rhythm
    AOCleaner74 and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Lol.

Will have a PRT prac session this week hopefully. Need to get those orange beasts at the front !!