Division 2 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Hi guys,
    Just thought I'd confirm that I have decided to sit this season out.
    With missing the first few rounds and my patience for GT6/PD/PSN wearing thin, coupled with the fact I have only done about 10 mins driving in the Camaro I'm happy to sit on the side lines and let you guys battle it out.

I must admit after getting the bug playing Assetto Corsa it is hard to turn the PS3 on to play GT6 and whenever I find the time to get some wheel time at the moment I am constantly drawn to AC instead of GT6.

Anyway, good luck to you all for the remainder of the season and I may possibly see you all on GT6 for the next season :thumbsup:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey Dave.. Still have you on the entry list of my GT series... will keep you there for now mate...let me know closer to the date
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alrighty everyone.......

Good luck tonight in the sandpit that is Willow springs.

I hope everyone has taken stock of what was said earlier in the week and the driving tonight will be much cleaner, fairer and respectful. TBH, this track isnt very forgiving, so please do your best to not ruin anyones night by punting them, if they look like they are going for pass, give each other room. Penalties will be severe for anyone not following the league rules and regs.

THE START : use your heads and be prepared for the guy in front to have a bad start so there isnt chaos off the line. The first 2 turns are pretty open so there is no excuse for pushing someone off track.

Cheers guys, and good luck.
    Stu

Regs are as round 1, qual and first stint on the SS, must run 1 stint on the SM at some stage.
  5. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Also sector 2 be careful too. On the first lap very easy to think you can make a move as it's slow but then end up running off ;)

It's 34 laps so definitely won't be won in first few laps. If we all stay out of trouble (and sand!) I think it'll be a cracking race. The undercut is golden here!
    S_CLOSE and stucar17 like this.
  6. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Hey guys just letting you no i have broke my thumb a few days ago so take it easy on me. I can still race but i just cant react fast enough if i spin or get a tap. But my lap times arnt to far off the pace maybe a sec or 2. Lets have some fun tonight boys (in the sand haha).
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I can open a room around 7:40ish. Cyas tonight.
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    My internet has been temperamental today so I won't be racing tonight sorry.
  9. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I remembered this time, but through different circumstances, I couldn't race tonight:

My Ethernet cable was confiscated because I'm behind on fortnightly board payments. Be kind to your parents, folks!
    SPL Racing likes this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good job tonight lads, looked much cleaner and more room being given.

Will get the provisional results up tomorrow ....... Gutted.
  11. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I'm now the default owner of the patch of sand outside Willow's last turn. Squatting law says I've spent enough time there now to stake a legitimate claim!!

So brutal, just run a foot wide of the line and it's all over. Great racing apart from that, looking forward to next week.
    skywalker likes this.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep, just a foot. :oops:
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Bloody brilliant race lads. I always seem to deliver come the actual race. After struggling to put even 2 or 3 laps together in practice without going deep into the sand I put together an effectively error free race bar a couple wheels into the sand. Was centimetres from clipping Nat when he had it hella sideways on the final turn on lap 4. Happy with 2nd my 3rd for the season but would love my first ever win. I guess I better throw the remaining 3 races to prevent winning the championship but that wouldn't be fair on my team. Surely someone who has never won isn't worthy of racing those freaks in div 1.
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I haven't won a race in any of our sunday races or community events but i still race with them
  15. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Haha well it STARTS by being a foot wide, and obviously gets worse from there!
    Is funny, grip didn't fall off that dramatically off-line at the other corners, or maybe its just worse at the last turn 'coz you're already pointed out wide on the racing line.. . .
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    And you're doing about 190 - 200 when you spear out there as well, I went to the boundary for 4, then went too close to the pit entry getting back on track and was sucked into the pits for a lap one pit stopo_O. Didn't do my strategy much good doing three pit stops on an essentially two stop routine.:eek:
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

emmo46 likes this.
  18. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I'll keep it short. Was really nervous during quali, think I put to much pressure on myself, as I knew I could get pole. Was on for my first 17 in qualifying (52.2 second split) but pushed a little too hard through last turn running onto the dirt, so ended up with a high 18, which put me mid field. Got away ok at the start and just focused on staying out of trouble. Knew around lap 10 that NLR was on for a 1-2 finish, as everyone else was 3+ stopping.

CAGM you need to change your name to sand bagger lol, for someone who never has pace mid week, you're super fast come race day! It's your championship to lose this season. ;)
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  19. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Gutted that natman snatched pole by .006 of sec.
    But starting for the inside of turn 1 seemed pretty good at the time.
    2 stopper was definitly the better stradigy, I drove to conservatively to make a 3 stopper work was to afraid of binning it. I only made one mistake onto the Dirt when Cagme got past but other than that a faultless race.
    Fun track thou it was enjoyable, not looking foward to Indy I hate the slow corners.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield