Division 4 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Im in SA how long till rm open for qual plz ?
  2. Smiddy_11

Smiddy_11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Smiddy_11
    Sorry guys can't make it tonight, router is having a hissy fit
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Good race tonight guys. Reminder @Jim_aka_The_Man @Tanktex to send your race review/comments to @Ad2mny instead of posting in this thread.
    Would just like to make people aware that they should be leaving more room in those first few laps when its tight. I copped a couple bumps up the rear and could hear others copping the same (accidental I am sure).
    Also watch the divebombs, especially with this tail happy car, it only takes a little bump.

Sorry @sparklehead83 From my view I went down the inside after turn 4 and you moved across to the right enough to nudge me into the grass and the snap back nudged you enough to send you left onto the grass.
    Jim_aka_The_Man and Ad2mny like this.
  4. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Thanks everyone for turning up on time. Hope it runs as smoothly every week. Looks like NAT1 is working well. As usual, I can't keep the car on the track, so gradually went backwards after 5 secs in the lead :p. I'm surprised to be 2nd for fastest lap. hmmmmm...
    Code:
        Driver            Time    Best lap
    01. Jim_aka_TheMan  46:37.981 2:08.661
    02. Tanktex           +02.431 2:08.681
    03. DRZ-Hatfield      +10.994 2:09.225
    04. disturboed        +12.674 2:08.552 (pole)
    05. AOCleaner74       +20.053 2:07.927 (fastest lap)
    06. emmo46            +24.523 2:09.528
    07. X-3vi1m00n        +36.947 2:08.344
    08. ranok3n           +51.480 2:10.449
    09. SHIBBMATE         +53.385 2:08.586
    10. pinoy350        +1:04.761 2:09.491
    11. sparklehead83   +1:06.089 2:09.973

Code:
    Fastest laps
    01. 2:07.927 AOCleaner74      
    02. 2:08.344 X-3vi1m00n       
    03. 2:08.552 disturboed       
    04. 2:08.586 SHIBBMATE        
    05. 2:08.661 Jim_aka_TheMan 
    06. 2:08.681 Tanktex          
    07. 2:09.225 DRZ-Hatfield     
    08. 2:09.491 pinoy350       
    09. 2:09.528 emmo46           
    10. 2:09.973 sparklehead83  
    11. 2:10.449 ranok3n          

5. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Had quite a few good battles, well done to the podium. What was every bodies pit strat?
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Glad you asked...OBSERVE!!!
    [​IMG]
  7. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Positive start to the season for me, grabbing pole position.
    Poor start off the line saw Jim and Moon gobble me up by T1. Then I was side by side with moon through T3, 4, 5 and 6 (places you should not be side by side at) and we didn't even graze panels. It was awesome. I finally broke free after T6 and set out after Jim.
    I am still having intermittent brake pedal troubles, which only seemed to show itself once I got a real good exit of a corner and would catch Jim, but then the little bit of braking would hamper my acceleration. Very hard man to pass, and it seems very easy on his tyres.
    Towards the end of the first ten laps i was only 1.5 seconds or so behind and i started to think about pitting one lap earlier than i had planned (end lap 10) to try the undercut. But I messed up, allowing Tanktex and a lap later, Hatfield past. So I pitted end of lap 9 to try and get my second spot back.
    Silly me concentrated too much on adding a couple of extra litres of fuel (just in case) and forgot to change the compound. I was going to run the 12 laps to the end, but with this error i had to rethink it all on the fly. With a podium finish now highly unlikely, i tried my hardest to put in some good times.
    I chewed through the tyres a lot faster through the pushing and pitted again end lap 17 giving me 4 laps on the Mediums. I came out in third just ahead of Hatfield and AOCleaner and behind Jim and Tanktex. Hatfield was just too fast and took me 2 laps later, AO muscled his way through the next corner. I was down in 5th and on the last lap just after the final chicane, AO slowed dramatically and was out of fuel, so I squeezed past and took 4th spot. Not too bad after having to do the extra pit stop.
    Good race, and well done to the Podium!
    SuiCid3, Bluemoon, Ad2mny and 4 others like this.
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Was an interesting race for me.
    A bit surprised my FL is so much slower than everyone else, but coming in thinking I would be racing at the back, I was committed to a 1 stopper.
    Was coming 6th with 2 laps to go and emmo right on my butt. Did everything I could to shut the door on him, but with mediums on it was always going to be a tough ask.
    Caught emmo off guard with some very early braking.. Sorry about that mate.
    He eventually got me and then after a messy lap and spinning out, let 3vi1 through.
    Another spin and shibb was up my ass too, which he easily passed me a few corners later.
    Last lap, I see shibb run into the sand trap at turn 5, which gifted me back a position and finishing in 8th.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Sorry i didn't make it,i got tied up with the wife and got home too late(10.30) to race,should be sorted for next week and the rest of the series.I love this car!!!!!:D:thumbsup::x3::inlove:
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Was a very frustrating race for me. I exited out of the room for quali which I shouldn't have done, came in with 2 mins gone, didn't realise until I started my 3rd lap I was on med tyres, changed tyres but missed out setting a time on softs. Started 9th, got a good start, was in P6 until I had brain fade and braked to late, came back thru to 8th until I did it again:mad: Decided to make my first stop 4 laps early to get away from battling. Did a 10/11 lap stint on softs again which bought me out behind Turbo and Hatfield in 5th, only Hatfield was on softs and Turbo and I were on med, which I was surprised I could keep Hat within a close distance. We caught Turbo and I followed thru with a bit of muscle after Hat passed him, ( I really thought the first 2 had to stop again and we were battling for the lead!:confused: ) On the last lap I was giving Hat a hard time as his tyres would have being going off and made a move in the last chicane, but it did not stick, only a second or so later I ran out of fuel and Turbo passed me going into the last corner and only just made it home with Emmo right on my tail!
    Bring on Laguna!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations to the podium runners Jim, Tanktex and DRZ..
    I had an enjoyable race, couldn't get a clean run in qualy so started 7th (although my best lap may have had me there anyway), I got a good start but was taking care not to ruin my race on the first lap and quickly got elbowed back to last in the first few corners. I sat behind a squabbling batch of drivers with no real possibility for a pass until I had a go at Shibbmate into the chicane, I unfortunately tapped him and he ran a little wide and I completed the pass. I eased off a little over the next half lap and let him by at the far corner to be last again. AO Cleaner then had a spin and I moved up one spot to 10th only for him to quickly recover and pass me and push me back to last again. Things started to settle a little about lap four when I was sitting at the tail of a battle for 7th that was being led by sparklehead. I managed to get around Shibbmate without contact at last when he had a little off through the esses after the second timing marker.
    Over the next couple of laps I got by Rano, Evil, and AO as they had little moments and was up to 6th behind Sparkles by lap 6. I tried to out brake him at the chicane but managed to headbutt the barriers and lost some time backing out and getting it going again. I closed on him again and then pitted at the end of lap 9. I was doing a 9 lap SS, 3 lap SM and 9 lap SS strategy.
    I came out of the first stop in 8th and moved up to 5th before my second stop as the others did their pit stops. I was a little alarmed to see that I was in 10th after my second stop but thought that most ahead were probably on mediums and put my head down to round some of them up. I slowly rounded up Pinoy, sparkles, Shibbmate and then Rano who put up more of a struggle than the others. I ended up 6th which considering my best lap was the 9th fastest has to be a good result. I think I missed the boat a little by doing 3 laps on the mediums and not the single lap that the front runners did.
    I don't really see the point of using mediums if it is just for one lap as it means the possibility of pit glitches is unnecessarily increased. Obviously those that tried to one stop paid the penalty as two stopping with just one lap on the SM was definitely the best option.
    DekGT5mad and Ad2mny like this.
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I agree, why run them if it's only for 1 lap. Maybe only allow 1 stop? Or minimum of laps on the meds?
    emmo46 and S_CLOSE like this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It was only 1 lap if you were able to manage the wear on the softs for 10 laps
  15. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    I ran the one lap on med tyres as it was within regulations and the option was open to all im surprised more guys didnt follow suit...
    The thought of it being frowned apon amazes me its a race fellow drivers and a race strategey is crucial.
    SPL Racing, SuiCid3 and Blindman like this.
  16. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    @Hatfield
    no dramas hat, i've watched the replay and to be honest it was totally my bad that i ended up deep in the sand, you tapped my back end on the exit of turn 4 which gave my car the wobbles then moved up my right. I moved over into you (not really thinking about your car position - totally my fault) and then caused my spin into the sand.
    A lot of drivers on here would of backed off a little after tapping someone in case i span and took them out and also not to gain an advantage from bumping someone, but watching the replay from your car I reckon i would of done the same thing as yourself.

I'm pretty gutted that I threw away 16 good laps trying to defend my position against a quicker driver on the day, also REALLY ballsed up my strategy. forgetting to get back on softs after my med stint. all in all though i'm happy that I seem to in the correct division now :) looking forward to laguna seca, one of my favourite tracks
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I didn't realise my tap upset your car...sorry :(
  18. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I'm with you Tank on the strategy thing, and the fact is, it won't work on every track. There will be some tracks here where that strategy wont pay off. I thought I had buggered it up good by not switching to the mediums in my first stop, but as it turns out what I have to work on is tyre conservation, even in those shorter stints.

You have to also consider, by doing say and extra stop to run as little laps as possible on the meds, you have to have a mistake free perfect race too make up the time for the extra pitstop. A simple spin or even an off can undo your gains very easy so it is a bit of risk.
    SuiCid3 and Tanktex like this.
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Not frowned upon, by me at least. I just think that if we have to change the compound, it should at least be run on for longer than an outlap, otherwise why even bother, you know what I mean?
    As you say, it was well within the regulations to just do that 1 lap, and that is not being disputed. Just some discussion on whether it is worthwhile making the change for such a short stint.
    emmo46 likes this.
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Ad's don't worry about it 1 lap on the SM by accounts of all div 1 and myself isn't the best strategy if you 2 stop there's and optimum number of laps to do on the meds and it isn't 1.