Division 4 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Yes sorry I should have voiced that in a more diplomatic way.
    Wow this is high stakes Im enjoying it to.
  2. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    It was always my plan to spend the shortest amount of time possible on the Medium compound as I was very uncomfortable on it, a last minute check of the regs before the race, and I knew if I could stay mistake free I would be near the front, or at least top 5. Even if a one stop was proven to be quicker, which mistake free could have been, I didn't have the confidence to stay on the
    Med's any longer than I had too, for fear of falling off the track.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    It seems that it was the done thing across most of the divs anyway. I would have 1 stopped, I was only 2 seconds max slower on the meds, I wonder how that would have panned out.
    AOCleaner74 and Jim_aka_The_Man like this.
  4. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Why not just run 1 stop minimum for Laguna cause that is the best way anyway, and then readressed each track as we go?
    stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  5. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I think I was about 2-2.5 slower with the med, but I was still in the 9s after 10 laps on softs so it would have been close...
  6. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I meant maximum, not minimum !
  7. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I would suggest a minimum tyre usage in laps (say 2), rather than a maximum number of pits.
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I suggested 1 stop only but it didn't seem that popular. If there is going to be a change I'm sure stu or one of the other high ups will announce it soon. I know that there is some discussion taking place but what is being decided we'll have to wait and see.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I thought I was playing a little against the spirit of the rule by only doing 3 laps on Meds, I could easily do 12 laps on the softs but knew even 9 laps on SMs made one stopping dubious. You are correct though, there was no stipuluation that you had to do more than 1 lap on SM, I wish in hindsight I had gone that way as I lost some time trying to adjust to the SMs.
  10. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Tyre compound subject...:thumbsdown:
    These are only opinions and observations from me:) im happy either way.
    1. utilise the SS tyre only for race duration
    2. Same as above...:rolleyes:
    Otherwise why would anyone use a slower grade of tyre longer than regulations say?
    Then unless everyone does the exact same laps in a race duration with (SM) tyres theres an inherant dissadvantage plus a mad rush to be first into pitlane to avoid the 14 car lineup
    How is that policed? Not easily it would seem based on the replays not showing tyre types for other drivers.
    Look forward to next weeks race
    ;)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    no worries man. all good. it was not worth a protest or a full on winge on here, but we all have to remember this car can get real twitchy on the exit of corners under full throttle so even just a little tap on the rear can really upset it.
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Simple fix gentleman must start on SS and must finish SM and the pit window is from 25 % race distance to 75 % race distance. e.g. Round 1 pit window would have been from lap 5 or 6 to lap 15 or 16. Throws up all sorts of dilemmas. do you 1 stop or 2 stop of course... do you pit at the end of the pit window when a lot of people would that are on a 2 stop or come in a lap early to avoid congestion
    Peter Wise and S_CLOSE like this.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    All good suggestions guys, but at the end of the day we are looking for the least amount of work for the room hosts and captains. Also the fact that if we went for an option that is slightly more time sensitive in terms of checking what people do, it all gets blown out of the water by the fact the live timing still doesnt pick up the tire choice of people at each stop.

We will be looking at the tire regs at each round for the best option, not big changes, but a case of what do we qual on, and how long will the pit lane be closed for.

THIS WEEK
    Tire regs will be as round 1, am pretty sure each race team will work out the best strategy ;)

- Qual and first stint on the SS, 1 stint minimum on the medium tire.
    stu
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Can anyone supply a few words on race 1 for the News reports? Even just a few photos? Pretty please?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Pretty please with a cherry on top? Ugh. The joys of having a 13 year old sister with friends over...
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Sorry Ad2... I don't even have any time to practise during the week :(
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Ad2mny did you see my lap chart a few pages back? that gives a good overview and if you add in race quotes its a good substitute for a written report.
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    It's gonna have to do me thinks.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I''l have a crack at it, I think I can put something together from memeory, hats chart and the comments on page 5 of this thread. give me an hour or two and I should have it done.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

New driver for tonight.....Sorry taken this long to sort but life got a bit out of control this week.

PSN : raedonwolf

Please add him.